TODAY!!!! SCar at NC State 5:00 EST ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TODAY!!!! SCar at NC State 5:00 EST ESPN

Reaction Score
Amihere was somewhat effective last year but a mixed bag as she often is, Saxton was not effective offensively. That's about what I would expect again.

That spot was an offensive weakness last year, so I don't know that any team will object to having that the be the deciding matchup.

I'm hoping there is significant improvement there and at the 3, offensively. Just having comfortable easy strokes on open shots to stretch the defense would be so helpful.
I'm not so sure your 6'3" freshman Feagin is much of an offensive threat at this point either from what I observed in international play......fine athlete but I saw no mid range game displayed.......hopefully she'll get more opportunities this season to show what she's got....

Reaction Score
Which ball are they using?
No Nike balls allowed......I prescribe a 28" Wilson Evolution in the first half........if they still aren't shooting well switch to Spalding TF-1000 or Molten X Series......

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure your 6'3" freshman Feagin is much of an offensive threat at this point either from what I observed in international play......fine athlete but I saw no mid range game displayed.......hopefully she'll get more opportunities this season to show what she's got....
Yea...she didn't fit her billing, but I chalked it up to playing an unfamiliar position and role in the offense.

Reaction Score

You know I'm just assuming that Feagin won't get a ton of playing time this year in pressure time. She's good enough to help, but listening to Dawn talk, I don't think Saxton is in danger of being marginalized and Amihere obviously has been productive enough to get minutes. Going to be tough for Feagin, which is about exactly how Dawn put it.

That said at high school level she had a nice face up jumper. I agree that she didn't do a great deal offensively in that international tournament. .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
did Cunane get 2 fouls already?
No Moore sat her down after 1 foul. May need to rethink that. Boston is looking great and the guards are not bad either.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I love Raina Perez but she has very little help. Diamond was stuffed by Boston early on a very athletic block.

Cunane just gobbled up by SC size. SC 16 NCST 11 after 1Q

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How does SC look so far?
Henderson/Cooke/Beal have impressed me. Boston is blocking shots and Cardosa is grabbing O boards, but the posts have been almost non factors on offense.

Reaction Score
Hall is in the game before Rivers in their guard rotation. Johnson looks fine, although I dont see how she is the no. 2 player in her class.

Diamond Johnson looks out of her element so far. Got stuffed twice by Boston, and closed out poorly with no box out on Littleton.

Impressed with Cunane fighting off some entry passes into Boston and Cardoso. The bigs of SC will definitely overwhelm most opponents.

Reaction Score
Game is going as expected for me. SC look good. I knew NC State was gonna keep it low scoring

Reaction Score
These refs are horrible. I have never seen so many phantom travel calls in all my life, and Cunane should be fouled out already. She is constantly shoving Boston.

Reaction Score
To the Gamecock fans - Is Saniya Rivers hurt ? I thought I caught a glimpse of her running off at the half, and she seemed to have a full mask on - protecting a broken nose, cheek, eye socket ??? Or was I seeing things ?

Reaction Score
At the half,
NC State 19, only 3 players scored, Jakia 6, Perez 11 and Jones 2, Cunane with zero pt, not good.

South Carolina 25, Boston only 2 and Cardoso 0 pts, Cooke has 8 pts.

Reaction Score
Still need more from the 3 and 4. No obvious change in any of the characters very very early in game 1 vs a strong opponent, though a pretty surprising amount of effective time for Littleton.
Great to see her 100% healthy and playing in shape. For me, she was one of the intriguing factors coming into this season. It looks like she’s come to play and be a major player in the rotation and I’m loving it.

Reaction Score
Littleton maybe at the bottom of the bench but she will remind you that she's a McDonald's All American.

Reaction Score
Loved Littleton's offensive production - gives the team yet another source of scoring in a long line of possibles. I guess she's feeling really good with her feet and conditioning - she didn't take control like this at all last season. But 1-5 from the arc could be better, and hope someone other than her leads the team in shot attempts (Cooke, Boston, Cardoso, even Amihere) for the 2nd half.

Way too many turnovers in the 1st half. Hopefully Henderson coming back in will settle down the team, but she had a couple herself in the 1st qtr.

Boston was a shot-blocking menace against these 5-4 and 5-5 players for the Pack, but would like to see her get more involved in scoring and rebounding. Saxton needs to be more of a presence out there.....

Reaction Score
OMG NC state is getting Clemson football game levels of homecooking from these refs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom