Tis the season... Billy Crocker out as DC | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tis the season... Billy Crocker out as DC

Reaction Score
Mentioned this couple weeks ago. Had to be done but best of luck to Crocker and Cox

Reaction Score
They should probably know how to put together a respectable defensive unit/S&C program first...recruits will follow if they can accomplish that

Disagree. “It isn’t about the X’s And O’s, it’s about the Jimmies and Joes” - Bear Bryant

Talent will make any scheme work well. Heck, Bob Diaco has made millions based off his defense filled with talent the year Notre Dame went to the BCS.

We need coaches with strong relationships in fertile recruiting grounds.

Reaction Score
Disagree. “It isn’t about the X’s And O’s, it’s about the Jimmies and Joes” - Bear Bryant

Talent will make any scheme work well. Heck, Bob Diaco has made millions based off his defense filled with talent the year Notre Dame went to the BCS.

We need coaches with strong relationships in fertile recruiting grounds.

Notre Dame did not deserve to be in that game. Our 2011 team could have played against the 2013 ND team and held its own.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You coach the team you have, not the one you wish you had. Coach Crocker couldn't make it work. I'm not sure anyone could have, but I struggle to imagine how it could have been significantly worse. (Doomed, I know.)

I wish Crocker well. I hope he finds a better fit where he can be successful and happier.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
It pisses me off that we didn’t do this earlier. Harasymiak could have been an option.

As a Maine fan, the only place I would have like to have seen Harasymiak go was UConn.

What a double dose of craptasticness.

Reaction Score
I believe now that the near criminal BD buyout has been dealt with, there’s a bit more financial availability to pay. I believe the timing of his hiring with the inflated buyout put us in a bad spot 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
Harasymiak is not the DC at Minnesota,so if I were Edsall I would at least gauge interest. Maine only gave up 36 points to Rhode Island.

Reaction Score
Um, who are we talking about? The recruits that signed, are signed. The one's that did not are free to select any school that will have them for next 7-8 weeks?
Like I said, I don’t think it’s the case here, but if a player committed to UConn because of his relationship w/ Crocker and he decided he didn’t want to play here anymore because he felt mislead by the program, you let him out of the LOI. No good would come from forcing a player to be here that doesn’t want to be here.

Reaction Score
Reality is they were dealt a pretty crappy hand if you ask me. Not sure any DC could have done much with so many freshmen.
I think what fueled this change is RE realized the 3-3-5 wasn’t what he wanted and knew that Crocker didn’t have experience with a 4-3 defense.
There was no improvement throughout the year.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I can never celebrate someone losing their job. This is where the passion of sport distorts the reality of life. These men have families. And it’s the holiday season
True it’s a results oriented business but still.

Sucks
I don't get why HCRE waited so long and then picked a few days before Christmas as the announcement date..

Reaction Score
I don't get why HCRE waited so long and then picked a few days before Christmas as the announcement date..

Wasn’t Diaco fired Christmas week too?? Seems like a lot of colleges fire their coaches during the Holiday ..

Reaction Score
Wasn’t Diaco fired Christmas week too?? Seems like a lot of colleges fire their coaches during the Holiday ..
Thinking more about it, maybe it's related to some sort of bonus payment that was payable at the end of the year...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I would guess he waited until early signing day. A couple recruits may have been linked to Crocker and Cox and he didn't want to risk them.

Reaction Score
Window dressing. Also an indication that Edsall (and Bennett) are feeling pressure. This next year is make or break. Less than three wins gets both Edsal and Bennett tossed by the new president. But the root cause wasn't the staff. The root cause was that UConn does not present an attractive value proposition to higher level recruits than they have been getting right now. It is what it is, and it had to be done, but don't expect miracles. We can only hope that all the PT the youngsters have been getting will pay off next year.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Did those guys even do anything?

Reaction Score
Window dressing. Also an indication that Edsall (and Bennett) are feeling pressure. This next year is make or break. Less than three wins gets both Edsal and Bennett tossed by the new president. But the root cause wasn't the staff. The root cause was that UConn does not present an attractive value proposition to higher level recruits than they have been getting right now. It is what it is, and it had to be done, but don't expect miracles. We can only hope that all the PT the youngsters have been getting will pay off next year.
Lol

Reaction Score
You coach the team you have, not the one you wish you had. Coach Crocker couldn't make it work. I'm not sure anyone could have, but I struggle to imagine how it could have been significantly worse. (Doomed, I know.)

I wish Crocker well. I hope he finds a better fit where he can be successful and happier.

Oh we are in agreement he had to go. He is the captain of the ship on D. It was a tough hand dealt but it is what it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom