Tis the season... Billy Crocker out as DC | The Boneyard

Tis the season... Billy Crocker out as DC

Reaction Score
Courant: UConn defensive coordinator Billy Crocker fired after two seasons

>>“After evaluating the program throughout the season and during the recruiting process, I decided to make these changes to my staff,” coach Randy Edsall said in a staement. “I appreciate all the work these four men have done and thank them for their effort and dedication during their time at UConn.”

In addition to Crocker, defensive backs coach Curome Cox, director of football strength and conditioning Eric Klein and assistant strength and conditioning coach J.D. Mhlhorn were also let go.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well for all those wondering where Billy has been on the recruiting trail we have our answer... he was on ‘phase out’ mode.

That said, so far in the Edsall 2.0 era it seems the coordinators were not made the face of recruiting - not sure if that has been by design. If by design, I don’t see the benefit.
I always thought Cox was going to be released, but not until January.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to replace these coaches with people who can recruit and have connecticions to our recruiting target areas. We need to accumulate talented players.

Reaction Score
I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but the spring game/scrimmage will be an absolute must this coming year for me and many of you. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
We need to replace these coaches with people who can recruit and have connecticions to our recruiting target areas. We need to accumulate talented players.
They should probably know how to put together a respectable defensive unit/S&C program first...recruits will follow if they can accomplish that

Reaction Score
Wholey was kept.

Dottin- Carter is the only one who I see progress from his unit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom