Tis the season... Billy Crocker out as DC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tis the season... Billy Crocker out as DC

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Absolutely had to happen. Crocker seems like a nice guy and I don’t know what went wrong. But you own your results. Hope he lands somewhere and has success again.

Anybody have thoughts on who we could hire?

Reaction Score
The new hire will say a lot about the direction of the program. Will we invest in a quality candidate and show that we actually care about football?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Get ready for the Edsal 3.0 marketing :eek:campaign after the new hire is announced!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One of the understated issues with Crocker is that he didn’t seem to get much done recruiting wise. Not sure if that is fair or not, maybe he followed Edsall’s plan, but....

Reaction Score
Sorry but I can never celebrate someone losing their job. This is where the passion of sport distorts the reality of life. These men have families. And it’s the holiday season
True it’s a results oriented business but still.

Sucks

It does suck to see a guy lose his job this time of year, however, for some perspective, the dude's base salary was $300,000 per year.

Reaction Score
Had to be done. Let's see what RE does here. Important decisions coming up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

1545403623586.png

It needed to happen. Important hire for us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
100%. He's a football guy. Bring him over.
Uh, no. He's got more work to do at men's basketball.

Available DC's:

Mike Stoops
Carl Pelini
Bob Diaco

All great defensive minds and on past Broyles Award Lists...

Ah, hell no. Don't use the D word with regard to UConn football.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Would Al Golden do it? Looking at guys Randy knows from his stint with the Lions...and previously in college.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 8 minutes ago
Pure speculation, but two names that stand out for DC & DB Coach? Look to Towson: DC Lyndon Johnson & CB Coach Scott Lakatos, both former members of Edsall's staff here in Storrs. Johnson followed Edsall to Maryland in 2011 & is noted with many recruiting wins with #UConnFootball

Lakatos was my DB coach in high school right after he finished playing at WestConn. Great guy and has built a pretty decent resume since. I'd welcome him back to the program for sure.

Reaction Score
Absolutely had to happen. Crocker seems like a nice guy and I don’t know what went wrong. But you own your results. Hope he lands somewhere and has success again.

Anybody have thoughts on who we could hire?
Reality is they were dealt a pretty crappy hand if you ask me. Not sure any DC could have done much with so many freshmen.
I think what fueled this change is RE realized the 3-3-5 wasn’t what he wanted and knew that Crocker didn’t have experience with a 4-3 defense.

C

Chief00

This had to happen as Chief and others have posted. Not much left of the RE2.0 staff assembled less than 2 years ago. The 3 guys recommended by the AD’s office have left - Lashlee, Grimes and Klein. As have some of Randy’s truly poor hires.
At any rate, why not do this the day the season ended or before? We already knew he couldn’t recruit. Perhaps, someone is available - who wasn’t before?
Maybe that question at the Edsall press conference wasn’t as ridiculous as Randy acted?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Edsall never hires anyone who could be a threat to replace him as head coach.
Well the question is, how long does Randy see himself/want to coaching for? Is he planning on retiring once his contract expires in 3 years or will he be looking for an extension? It appears he could be grooming Dunn for the position.

Reaction Score
Bring Don Brown home. Shoot the shot
No thanks. I want someone more flexible. Brown lives and dies by the blitz. It looks great if the blitzers are getting home. But if they are getting burned he just keeps blitzing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Absolutely the best decision for the program. All of them likely knew long before today, so I am not worried about their next landing spot. Four days before Christmas is tough, but coaches get fired. It's the nature of the industry. Crocker probably won't be an FBS DC any time soon, but he can certainly be a position coach and work his way back up.

Curious that they waited until after the early signees inked their names...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom