Time to put DePaul on a PiP | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Time to put DePaul on a PiP

Reaction Score
Need you say anything more

if we are poaching show some cajones & get an OG back. Pitt or Cuse go from cannon fodder in ACC to relevant again.

So, you are saying that the ACC is much stronger than the NBE?
No, no no. Please stop with the conference bs.
Regional rivalries rise all boats. UConn was worse in the American mostly b/c of coaching but also b/c recruiting was harder and no one cared about most basketball opponents. All of the BE schools that switched to the ACC are worse now then they were in the BE b/c they've lost their regional connections. And it is stupid that they are in conferences centered eons away geographically that don't fit in so many ways.

Reaction Score
Regional rivalries rise all boats. UConn was worse in the American mostly b/c of coaching but also b/c recruiting was harder and no one cared about most basketball opponents. All of the BE schools that switched to the ACC are worse now then they were in the BE b/c they've lost their regional connections. And it is stupid that they are in conferences centered eons away geographically that don't fit in so many ways.
Bb got worse because of coaching. The recruiting wasn’t horrible, but injuries and roster composition hurt.

FB was a complete ‘on the cheap’ effort in almost every way.

Reaction Score
By AAC and apparently every power conference afraid to invite UConn Football.
You're silly, they won games in the AAC every season they were there.

Reaction Score
Flip the sport to football and UConn could be asked same questions.
Well that is why we are the only Indpendent in Footbal besides Notre Dame. At least we aren't dragging down a conference overall value.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
20 wins in the ACC and you are not making the tournament
Yeah, but outside of unc their wins aren’t impressive. They beat Louisville by like 6. Pretty sure DePaul beat the ville this year. Haha

Reaction Score
A few weeks ago I thought folks were being dramatic and overly critical of DePaul. I have since watched them play three or four times. I was wrong. They are incredibly terrible. It's like they are tanking for a lottery pick..for a draft that doesn't exist. How is it possible to be this bad for this long playing basketball in Chicago?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago I thought be were be dramatic and overly critical of DePaul. I have since watched them play three or four times. I was wrong. They are incredibly terrible. It's like they are tanking for a lottery pick..for a draft that doesn't exist. How is it possible to be this bad for this long playing basketball in Chicago?
It's not just the quality of basketball, look at the arena - it's empty. No one in the city cares.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Can the Big East haters just have a private chat about it rather than littering the board with their misery about our conference situation every single day?

If you guys want to root for the Big 10 or SEC so badly, then root for one of those conferences. No one is stopping you.

Reaction Score
It's not just the quality of basketball, look at the arena - it's empty. No one in the city cares.
Why the hell would they care? A college located a a pro city can't be this bad for this long and keep fans engaged.

You are correct. Their arena on game day looks like a safe house for the Witness Protection Program.

Reaction Score
Can the Big East haters just have a private chat about it rather than littering the board with their misery about our conference situation every single day?

If you guys want to root for the Big 10 or SEC so badly, then root for one of those conferences. No one is stopping you.
you love zero-win schools in your conference, we heard you the first time.

Reaction Score
Why the hell would they care? A college located a a pro city can't be this bad for this long and keep fans engaged.

You are correct. Their arena on game day looks like a safe house for the Witness Protection Program.
it looks like a beautiful facility too.

Reaction Score
This might be a dumb question but did the Big East not get any additional revenue from Fox when we joined? If so, it's actually shocking to me that the league wasn't able to re-negotiate immediately after we joined. This is just a rough guess, but I have to imagine that we account for something like 25-30% of the entire media value/eyeballs of the entire league.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Open your eyes
It's all about the $
No way that the NBE rivals the ACC in revenue generated for the members.
There is no such thing as regional anymore in college sports with the big boy conferences.
Just because IF Pitt or Cuse rejoin the NBE doesn't make them better, only poorer. The NBE is a mens basketball only conference.
Do I like that UConn is in the NBE in basketball instead of the AAC- oh yeah BUT I would rather be in the ACC overall. Not the B10/SEC.
I dont agree that Cuse, BCU, Pitt and Louisville are worse because they aren't regional. They are worse (except BCU) because of crap that went on with their programs since joining the ACC. All other sports programs at those schools have gotten much better in the ACC except MBB - across the board.

Reaction Score
Open your eyes
It's all about the $
No way that the NBE rivals the ACC in revenue generated for the members.
There is no such thing as regional anymore in college sports with the big boy conferences.
Just because IF Pitt or Cuse rejoin the NBE doesn't make them better, only poorer. The NBE is a mens basketball only conference.
Do I like that UConn is in the NBE in basketball instead of the AAC- oh yeah BUT I would rather be in the ACC overall. Not the B10/SEC.
I dont agree that Cuse, BCU, Pitt and Louisville are worse because they aren't regional. They are worse (except BCU) because of crap that went on with their programs since joining the ACC. All other sports programs at those schools have gotten much better in the ACC except MBB - across the board.
Ok it was a tongue in cheek suggestion. Turns out I'm not the BE Commissioner.
Thanks for the flashback & reminder of the conference realignment history and ongoing debacle.
Onto basketball!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun was just a high school coach at one point. So was Dan Hurley. Either you got it or you don’t. Worth a shot.
And it isn't like DePaul is any better than Northeastern at this point. They need somebody who can create interest.

Reaction Score
Ahem,
That's true, but DePaul doesn't really seem to have an exit ramp. They've been bad for a very long time and there is no end in sight. Louisville has quite a bit of recent success, and once Kenny Payne is gone they'll bounce back. They have donors willing to splash major cash for basketball NIL and they will use it and quickly rebuild their roster. DePaul doesn't have that, and I don't see them changing their fortunes any time soon.

Reaction Score
The Big East has to put those clowns on the clock.

They cannot let them keep going like this - they’re like 215 games under .500 in conference since they joined the Big East….and they’re actually getting worse. They can’t keep their losses under 30 most of the time. They couldn’t win the NEC.

They’re the worst major conference program in explored space, their NIL is a four-letter word that begins with ‘s’, they can’t even draw flies to their games and with Georgetown, they’re absolutely fragging the conference’s net rankings.

Give them three years, five years or whatever, but give them a deadline to improve. If they don’t, replace them with any program with a pulse and you immediately improve the Big East.
Loyalty period! That's the problem with today's USA it doesn't exist...its a me first country..

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Loyalty period! That's the problem with today's USA it doesn't exist...its a me first country..
Next time a female mosquito is about to have her proboscis penetrate your skin to get some drops of blood to feed her developing babies and you swat and kill her remember that life's very existence is dependent on survival. I won't bother with how historically inaccurate your statement is.

Reaction Score
has DeadBeatDePaul been loyal to the Big East by staying on the couch all day watching TV, cleaning out the refrigerator, and refusing to go get a job?

Reaction Score
Next time a female mosquito is about to have her proboscis penetrate your skin to get some drops of blood to feed her developing babies and you swat and kill her remember that life's very existence is dependent on survival. I won't bother with how historically inaccurate your statement is.
humans=mosquitos

Reaction Score
It's crazy how the city of Chicago has a Big Ten, A-10, Missouri Valley and a D1 independent team and the Big East team is objectively the worst team in the city.
Sort of like 'Nova being 0-3 against Philadelphia opponents?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
humans=mosquitos
Humans are equivalent to everything above the level of a virus. Viruses are stripped down versions of bacteria. They have as much programming for survival as rocks. Both viruses and rocks can be deadly but it's purely by accident. Neither is concerned what happens to them.

And yes I get that your equation is meant to be derogatory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom