Time to put DePaul on a PiP | The Boneyard

Time to put DePaul on a PiP

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Big East has to put those clowns on the clock.

They cannot let them keep going like this - they’re like 215 games under .500 in conference since they joined the Big East….and they’re actually getting worse. They can’t keep their losses under 30 most of the time. They couldn’t win the NEC.

They’re the worst major conference program in explored space, their NIL is a four-letter word that begins with ‘s’, they can’t even draw flies to their games and with Georgetown, they’re absolutely fragging the conference’s net rankings.

Give them three years, five years or whatever, but give them a deadline to improve. If they don’t, replace them with any program with a pulse and you immediately improve the Big East.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I tuned in for a couple of minutes and actually felt bad for their players. Then I realized they were on scholarship and just going through the motions.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Might be the worst job in the country with the lack of support. This is Chicago and the team should be much better with all that talent in the area.

Reaction Score
If you want to dig deeper into why something looks a certain way? Follow the money.

Being 3-27 and last in this conference somehow has to be better for them financially than being 16-8 in some podunk conference. They have no football program. Wouldn't they sit here and get their teeth kicked in until the Big East pushed them out?

Reaction Score
The Big East has to put those clowns on the clock.

They cannot let them keep going like this - they’re like 215 games under .500 in conference since they joined the Big East….and they’re actually getting worse. They can’t keep their losses under 30 most of the time. They couldn’t win the NEC.

They’re the worst major conference program in explored space, their NIL is a four-letter word that begins with ‘s’, they can’t even draw flies to their games and with Georgetown, they’re absolutely fragging the conference’s net rankings.

Give them three years, five years or whatever, but give them a deadline to improve. If they don’t, replace them with any program with a pulse and you immediately improve the Big East.
Vcu Dayton (temple back) start making the overtures.

Reaction Score
Better yet, start giving Depaul’s share of BE revenue and NCAA tournament $$ to the top teams in the league that actually provide the value. They are the Boston College of the Big East. Even better still, start a conference for all these teams that don’t deserve to be in a P5 or P6 conference to free up some slots for real schools. You could take DePaul, BC, Syracuse and Vanderbilt and keep building out from there.

It would be awesome if it was like European soccer and if your team sucks you get booted froM your league. It would certainly make an NIT type tournament more interesting if you were playing to stay in your conference!

Reaction Score
It sounds like a crazy hire because he's just a high school coach but Tom Kleinschmidt isn't any ordinary high school coach. He's killing it at DePaul Prep, he's a DePaul legend and basketball people around the city and state love him. He would create more juice and bring in more recruits than any retread who would want the job or any proven mid-major guy.

Reaction Score
It sounds like a crazy hire because he's just a high school coach but Tom Kleinschmidt isn't any ordinary high school coach. He's killing it at DePaul Prep, he's a DePaul legend and basketball people around the city and state love him. He would create more juice and bring in more recruits than any retread who would want the job or any proven mid-major guy.
Jim Calhoun was just a high school coach at one point. So was Dan Hurley. Either you got it or you don’t. Worth a shot.

Reaction Score
If you want to dig deeper into why something looks a certain way? Follow the money.

Being 3-27 and last in this conference somehow has to be better for them financially than being 16-8 in some podunk conference. They have no football program. Wouldn't they sit here and get their teeth kicked in until the Big East pushed them out?
Yup, this.

Reaction Score
There is a ton of local talent, or there used to be. I was in Navy boot camp at Great Lakes years ago, and they had Illinois high basketball tournament on, and I thought I was watching major D1 teams (no sound, poor graphics).

Reaction Score
In 2019-2020 they were 7-11 in conference and 19-17. In 2021-22 it was 6-14 and 15-16 overall.

Both times in the bottom 2 of the BE. It's not even like they have to get out of the bottom 2 perse, but just be competent like those 2 seasons. Even during 2019, 3-15 big east season they were 16-16. But this year they were wretched with 26 losses. This can't become a pattern.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In 2019-2020 they were 7-11 in conference and 19-17. In 2021-22 it was 6-14 and 15-16 overall.

Both times in the bottom 2 of the BE. It's not even like they have to get out of the bottom 2 perse, but just be competent like those 2 seasons. Even during 2019, 3-15 big east season they were 16-16. But this year they were wretched with 26 losses. This can't become a pattern.

Can’t become a pattern? Do you know what a pattern is? Jesus.

They’ve been in the conference for 19 years and have one winning season in Big East play - they’ve lost double digit conference games in ever other season. They’ve won three or fewer conference games like dozen times.

If they go undefeated in the Big East for the next decade, they still will not hit .500 in conference play.

Reaction Score
Better yet, start giving Depaul’s share of BE revenue and boNCAA tournament $$ to the top teams in the league that actually provide the value. They are the Boston College of the Big East. Even better still, start a conference for all these teams that don’t deserve to be in a P5 or P6 conference to free up some slots for real schools. You could take DePaul, BC, Syracuse and Vanderbilt and keep building out from there.

It would be awesome if it was like European soccer and if your team sucks you get booted froM your league. It would certainly make an NIT type tournament more interesting if you were playing to stay in your conference!
Boston College was never this bad for such a prolonged period of time.

Reaction Score
Can’t become a pattern? Do you know what a pattern is? Jesus..
3-26 is a lot different than 16-16.....3 and 26 can't become a pattern, I thought that point was clear. .500 record overall (19-17 and 15-16), as was the case in 2 recent seasons would suffice....someone has to be at the bottom, if its gonna be depaul they can at least be like those two seasons, thats all I'm saying.
Really don't get your nasty attitude towards me but no interest in continuing past this point due to that so will mute the thread.

Reaction Score
Better yet, start giving Depaul’s share of BE revenue and NCAA tournament $$ to the top teams in the league that actually provide the value. They are the Boston College of the Big East. Even better still, start a conference for all these teams that don’t deserve to be in a P5 or P6 conference to free up some slots for real schools. You could take DePaul, BC, Syracuse and Vanderbilt and keep building out from there.

Flip the sport to football and UConn could be asked same questions.

Reaction Score

I know nothing about the guy, but he can't be any worse.

Reaction Score
Dave Leitao should be given a statue for having that program above .500 what is he up these days.
Nvm I see he’s with overtime elite.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Wasn't I saying this a couple of weeks ago? Wasn't widely received. That thread as been banished to the CR Forum

I concur with the throat puncher, 100%

Given a choice, I choose Gonzaga. Only creates a travel problem for them. Damn, just flying from Spokane to Southern California is a long trip. They're already used to it

Reaction Score
DePaul is playing out the year with an interim coach. Maybe they get their act together, make a great hire, maybe not.

I would rather have a bad team the country's third largest market than Dayton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom