Thursday 1st Round games thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Thursday 1st Round games thread

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't sleep on the 13 seeds. It could happen to us if we lose focus.
I promise you I will not nap during our game.

I guess my brother’s lifetime ban from stepping on the Furman campus because he went berserk trying to get other fans to cheer for the team is helping them. That’s the way you do mojo.

I have spoken!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yessir.

View attachment 85187

I had UVA higher, but once Ben Vander Plas' (7.4p, 4.6r, 1.1 3PM, 15 starts) season ended, Virginia's forward depth instantly got decimated.

Why I'm fading Charleston: they haven't seen a defense remotely close San Diego State. A grind you down team (scored in the 60s in each of their last four wins) that forces team to use clock (18.5 seconds/possession) and are elite on the perimeter (29.7 3p%).
That's nice except Charleston is winning, then beating Furman.

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on the 13 seeds. It could happen to us if we lose focus.
I really wonder what the UConn players and coaches feel when they see this upset. It could go either way - they take it as motivation to not let Iona get anywhere close, or it could sow some doubt and once you have that creep in, it just opens the door for an upset, kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Reaction Score
SDSU locks down everything. They held Utah St. to 57 pts. Charleston are opportunistic volume shooters, not necessarily good ones. Something has to give in this matchup.

Reaction Score
I really wonder what the UConn players and coaches feel when they see this upset. It could go either way - they take it as motivation to not let Iona get anywhere close, or it could sow some doubt and once you have that creep in, it just opens the door for an upset, kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Use as motivation to stomp the hell out of Iona

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Hopefully Furmans victory bodes well for the sexual squads, aka Oral. Then again I've always associated the term Duke with gay male sex...

Reaction Score
I think it would reduce pressure. You don’t want to be the highest seed to lose a game.

Reaction Score

By and large the players are not nearly the headcases that fans are.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas must have gotten the message that they have to actually play defense and rebound. Howard has started to press, which is interesting given how KU has been running. Up 21.

Reaction Score
NCAA tournament a lot about luck, Furman makes a last second 3 and downs goes VA, West Virginia misses a decent look at end, and Maryland moves on.
That's not luck, it's execution.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Shedrick-he played a hell of a game, 15 pts 13 rbs and 3 blocks
the lone bright spot...UVA is going to be a mid-bottom conference team next year even in a garbage ACC. Losing the entire starting 5 assuming Beekman declares for the draft

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So what do you think about the shot clock time overlaid in the top of the key? I think I like it but it's taking some getting used to.

Reaction Score
UVA went on a 7-0 to take a 4 point lead with 19 seconds left. Furman had a turnover and some bad looks in that time frame. Then Furman goes on a 5-0 run in the last 12 seconds. Crazy finish.

Reaction Score
Why do we fill out brackets? Because it's fun? Well, you know what? . . .

BRACKETS AREN'T FUN!​

Three games in and the only game I got right was the 8-9. My "sure" pick (UVA) goes down. My upset pick (Utah St.) succeeded only in upsetting ME!

I've been following CBB since 1975. I do research before I fill in names. Next year, I do two brackets -- one the usual way, one using coin flips. It will be interesting to see which scores better.

Imagine if I had real money on this.

CORRECTION: Must have gotten a bad score. I'm 0-3. :confused:

Reaction Score
He tried to throw it away to run out the clock with 8.2 seconds left, yikes. Always been an annoying player to watch but that's just a brutal way for a 5 year career to end. He'll be remembered for that and that kind of sucks, he did make the pass that led to Diakite's crazy buzzer beater which led to UVA's championship.
The thing is, launching it into the frontcourt when you're trapped isn't an absurd play if there was a little less time remaining or if he could have gotten it all the way into the frontcourt instead of getting picked off at midcourt.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So what do you think about the shot clock time overlaid in the top of the key? I think I like it but it's taking some getting used to.
I'm not a fan of graphics on the field of play, generally speaking. The 1st-down line is about it for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom