throwing in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wellbuygif.gif

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Jungle Husky, I am convinced, wants us back in the YanCon. Pollyanna nonsense. Herbst, Manuel, and Blue and Luther need to go
Either show me a post where I said I want us back int eh Yankee Conference or admit you're making * up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Either show me a post where I said I want us back int eh Yankee Conference or admit you're making * up.

"I love the Yankee Conference! I want to be back in the Yankee Conference! The Yankee Conference is where we need to be! As God as my witness, I will never say anything bad about the Yankee Conference!" - junglehusky.

Damning evidence. It's all right there and it has your name on it.

I don't see how you weasel your way out of this one.

I know you can't see me, but right now, I am shaking my head in disgust. And disappointment.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
"I love the Yankee Conference! I want to be back in the Yankee Conference! The Yankee Conference is where we need to be! As God as my witness, I will never say anything bad about the Yankee Conference!" - junglehusky.

Damning evidence. It's all right there and it has your name on it.

I don't see how you weasel your way out of this one.

I know you can't see me, but right now, I am shaking my head in disgust. And disappointment.
Holy crap, so this is what Lance Armstrong feels like right now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Holy crap, so this is what Lance Armstrong feels like right now.

Yes.

The important part here is that you show the requisite remorse and that we in turn ruin your life in a frenzy of self-righteousness.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dan, take a break from the board, we all need those from time to time. Don't drink too much (or too little).
th

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Yes.

The important part here is that you show the requisite remorse and that we in turn ruin your life in a frenzy of self-righteousness.
Fishy, I'm sorry I called you a lying whore. But I never called you fat!

Reaction Score
I think the biggest question is when you are going to change your twitter handle.

#fairweatherdanfan

Not sure if that is taken.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I think HFD just has an out of town wedding to attend this weekend. He'll be back on Monday...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I was going to try to write a reasoned argument, then I thought it would be a futile endeavor, but then I saw your post and I think it makes the point really well. Hope the UConn fans out there keep this in mind. We haven't had as good fan support in the past decade, in large part due to Hathaway being a useless dweeb. Warde and Susan probably know what they're doing a little better than Hathaway did, but since their appeals are geared towards the larger UConn alumni community, and not written in the exact language the Boneyard wants to hear, people are throwing tantrums like toddlers. That's not going to look good to recruits, either athletic recruits or even high school kids that want to go to UConn. If on the other hand they see fans who (while complaining about the team not winning enough) actually provide support to their school, through donations, buying tickets, being positive at least once in a while, that will be what gets us through the hard times.

Anyway, Dooley said it better than I did.

Criticizing President Herbst for issuing gratuitous public statements that I/we consider ignorant, arrogant and patronizing doesn't make me/us "toddlers", especially when silence or "no comment" would suffice. Just represents that a segment of the fanbase is dissatisfied with the nature of her "leadership".

I completely agree that the nature of support from our fanbase has eroded and that Hathaway and the previous administrations are primarily responsible for allowing or contributing to the slide. But that doesnt mean Susan and Warde deserve free passes.

And just because I/we don't endorse Leadership's apparent complacency, doesnt mean I/most of us have stopped donating and attending the games. Nothing wrong with positive message board postings by the hardcore fanbase when times seem bleak, but I think educated, focused and strategic leadership is more likely to improve Connecticut athletics. Hopefully her comments are not indicative of substantive incompetence behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
Yes.

Why not? Jungle Husky ruined plenty of other people's lives getting to this point.

Reaction Score
Does this mean that the recruiting #uptick is over? What will we do without our favorite NCAA contact rules violator?

Hopefully Richard Lagow still commits and isn't turned off by the loss of a twitter follower...I will have to add him to compensate.

Reaction Score
Does this mean that the recruiting #uptick is over? What will we do without our favorite NCAA contact rules violator?

Hopefully Richard Lagow still commits and isn't turned off by the loss of a twitter follower...I will have to add him to compensate.
I like this TJ Weist dude.

Reaction Score
Makes ones wonder... it's contagious?

“@M H v e r 3: Goodbye everyone...for now anyway mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom