throwing in the towel | Page 4 | The Boneyard

throwing in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That POS really pissed me off with what he had to say about me.

Hey HFD, you don't see me wavering in my support, do you? What a "great fan" you are. weakling. Go support Western Connecticut.

Reaction Score
No, I'm just saying that HFD, like most people, had his ups and downs. Also, I feel pretty certain he'll be back.
Ups and downs? Over sports? I hate to say this, but he showed his true colors when he puts down the "disadvantaged". He can go duckk himself. Those others who consider him a hero, whatever. I couldn't give a duckk. Just puts in perspective how ridiculous humans are.

Reaction Score
Ups and downs? Over sports? I hate to say this, but he showed his true colors when he puts down the "disadvantaged". He can go duckk himself. Those others who consider him a hero, whatever. I couldn't give a duckk. Just puts in perspective how ridiculous humans are.

I don't know about that. People are just insensitive and stupid and HFD gets pretty emotional sometimes. He did a pretty insane amount of work on the recruitment board. Not saying it excuses his behavior. Can't say I know the specific incident you're referring to, but he wouldn't be the first person to say something stupid and regrettable on the Internets.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. People are just insensitive and stupid and HFD gets pretty emotional sometimes. He did a pretty insane amount of work on the recruitment board. Not saying it excuses his behavior. Can't say I know the specific incident you're referring to, but he wouldn't be the first person to say something stupid and regrettable on the Internets.
I am well aware. I'll just say I am disabled (been permanently disabled since I graduated college) and try to go to games when I can, went to 5 out of 6 games last season. I've been supported by very kind people last season who made it much easier for me to attend games and I am very grateful for that. Finances have been very tight for me. But for him to put me down for that, he can go duckk himself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Exactly.

1) Dan is a good sort. The football recruiting stuff is great. He's got a good sense of humor when he's brief.

2) The svengali act was overplayed, annoying and ultimately bizarre. When you decide to anoint yourself as the leader of a movement, it's a good idea to check behind you occasionally to make sure people are actually following.

3) He'll be back. He's not really gone, but still, he'll be back. I'm sure the lack of people throwing themselves on his self-erected funeral pyre is something of a surprise to him, but he'll be back.

This is all exactly true about HFD.

Also, Butch is taking a beating lately. I've met him a few times - he's a good guy.

Butchy - you've got to understand - posters are venting about UConn's situation. Everyone truly understands at the end of the day what is really important. No one on their death bed is really going to curse Edsall over too many blocked punts in 2006. You've got to stop equating real life problems with conference realignment problems. Everyone understands the difference, but this is the one place the hundred or so people who deeply care about this stuff can talk about it with others who follow it.

Few have had more battles with fellow UConn fans here than me. I still understand that Dan97, Pudge, Nelson and Spackler are on the same side as me, we just approach things differently.

Someone like Spackler can talk himself into timezones. Pudge can convince himself that the league is collecting media markets. Dan truly cares if the field hockey team makes the Final Four. I look at everything skeptically and see four time zones as a joke, there is no strategy at all in the schools the Big East has added and I don't care if the school disbands every team but football and men's basketball. In short you can't take it personally.

Reaction Score
Thank you very much for your kind words. I learned what you are saying. To each, their own.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Few have had more battles with fellow UConn fans here than me. I still understand that Dan97, Pudge, Nelson and Spackler are on the same side as me, we just approach things differently.

Someone like Spackler can talk himself into timezones. Pudge can convince himself that the league is collecting media markets. Dan truly cares if the field hockey team makes the Final Four.

It's true. Nancy Stevens has built close to a juggernaut of a field hockey team. Hall of Famer. Been the the tourney 16 of the last 17 years, no joke!

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-fieldh/spec-rel/010213aaa.html

I still have a respect for Whaler, even if we fight every fourth thread. We all care about UConn in our own silly little ways; otherwise, we wouldn't show up here on a near-daily basis. And I'm well aware that I'm a crackpot weirdo who actually follows whether or not our friggin' Polo Team wins the National Championships (not just because I used to live in East Campus!). This university has brought a great many positive things into my life, as I'm sure it has for everyone else....including HFD! He won't throw in the towel, nor should he. Nor should I. Nor should any of you.

Each one of us is an optimist, and a pessimist, and a realist, and a dreamer, and a lunatic. Does that answer your question? GO HUSKIES!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
No matter what anyone thinks of whaler11, I can assure you all he is a very good man.

There's others here who are very nice people as well. I've been treated very, very well by people at the Rent, for the most part. It is humbling to be treated so well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's true. Nancy Stevens has built close to a juggernaut of a field hockey team. Hall of Famer. Been the the tourney 16 of the last 17 years, no joke!

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-fieldh/spec-rel/010213aaa.html

I still have a respect for Whaler, even if we fight every fourth thread. We all care about UConn in our own silly little ways; otherwise, we wouldn't show up here on a near-daily basis. And I'm well aware that I'm a crackpot weirdo who actually follows whether or not our friggin' Polo Team wins the National Championships (not just because I used to live in East Campus!). This university has brought a great many positive things into my life, as I'm sure it has for everyone else....including HFD! He won't throw in the towel, nor should he. Nor should I. Nor should any of you.

Each one of us is an optimist, and a pessimist, and a realist, and a dreamer, and a lunatic. Does that answer your question? GO HUSKIES!!! :cool:

I would have preferred the first reply be someone complaining about Edsall's special teams.

Or someone lamenting that Old Dominion got screwed in Field Hockey by conference realignment.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No matter what anyone thinks of whaler11, I can assure you all he is a very good man.

There's others here who are very nice people as well. I've been treated very, very well by people at the Rent, for the most part. It is humbling to be treated so well.

If you can get there you should go to the signing day event. Fun event for all that show up. Heck you get access to the coaches which is something we all want at one time or another.

Reaction Score
If you can get there you should go to the signing day event. Fun event for all that show up. Heck you get access to the coaches which is something we all want at one time or another.
Will try to be there.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We are like 2 weeks from Dan getting ghosted by the Boneyard. He likes and likes but they don't register.

My problem with over-using the "like" button is that I give it multiple meanings. I use like when I:

1) Agree with what the poster said.
2) Laughed at what the poster said.
3) Think that the poster was creative in his application of YouTube clips and/or other social media forms (i.e., GIFs)
4) Think that the poster has special powers, like telepathy or webbed feet.
5) Haven't given out a "like" in 20 posts read. It means I must have missed one.

That's just how I do it...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That last post deserved a like.
He agrees with you so you get a like. And since I am correct, he subsequently agrees with me as well and I will get a like.

Or perhaps he'll hang me out to dry. The suspense is killing me.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
He agrees with you so you get a like. And since I am correct, he subsequently agrees with me as well and I will get a like.

Or perhaps he'll hang me out to dry. The suspense is killing me.

You son of a.....

....well played....well played....

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I am truly humbled by your genius sir.

That one, I flat out agree with.....just sayin'...

(I have the feeling this is gonna be a long friggin' thread now)

Reaction Score
is there a reason there is no "dislike" button? I'm not saying you use it everytime you disagree with someone. Use it for the truly preposterous posts..It would be interesting to see the dislike tallies pile up for some people.

this post might even get a dislike

Reaction Score
Seriously. This gets a like. I want to party with u fan
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359033149.655199.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads