throwing in the towel | The Boneyard

throwing in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think my last 24-48 hours u guys can see i'm about done. i have no way to tell u guys how clueless u are. our leadership failed and they think they did great. we just got left out and the only thing left is a last ditch pitch to the b10 which will be 2 late. fail fail fail fail fail. we had the chance and we mid major blew it.

i would rather knock the rent down and join the c7 then act like all is well and join wake/cuse/pitt/temple/cincy/lville and then add a few.

why u ask? because this leadership has proved they dont want to further uconn. this league will compete with the mwc for 5th best. the mwc will lose 4 in time to the pac and the acc will be a 5th best easy. during this stretch of years, teams in this acc will all be trying to build and get the next invite. the playoff will expand and the power 4 will see money in 18-20 team leagues with semi final conf ship games and so on. i have no faith uconn would have the balls to build and build during those times. we have already showed we would rather be a mid major.

i'm taking it all in now and will be around to just make dick comments every once in a while. hope u all enjoy what happened becuase u didn't press this leadership and a few of u crazies will actually enjoy this whole thing. i have deleted my twitter so u guys cant bitch about it any more. let me know which recruiting thread and such u want me to fix, i will take care of them as u ask. enjoy yourselves, uconn was something i loved and these 2 clown mother fruckers ruined it. they has literally a handful of days to pull a rabbit out of there butts, do u have faith still considering everything so far?

this once proud uconn fan is taking a break, throwing in the towel. i'll come back full time when this leadership makes something happen.

dan

pj

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed Dan. I'll miss you. I wish you wouldn't take others' actions so personally, but I suppose the passion that's the good side of you also means the emotional ups and downs are greater.

Reaction Score
Dan-

We are going to miss your passion and your unique writing style. If we had 100 HFD's we might be able to get this ship turned around.

Reaction Score
527272_452758304790247_9016962_n.jpg

Reaction Score
i think my last 24-48 hours u guys can see i'm about done. i have no way to tell u guys how clueless u are. our leadership failed and they think they did great. we just got left out and the only thing left is a last ditch pitch to the b10 which will be 2 late. fail fail fail fail fail. we had the chance and we mid major blew it.

i would rather knock the rent down and join the c7 then act like all is well and join wake/cuse/pitt/temple/cincy/lville and then add a few.

why u ask? because this leadership has proved they dont want to further uconn. this league will compete with the mwc for 5th best. the mwc will lose 4 in time to the pac and the acc will be a 5th best easy. during this stretch of years, teams in this acc will all be trying to build and get the next invite. the playoff will expand and the power 4 will see money in 18-20 team leagues with semi final conf ship games and so on. i have no faith uconn would have the balls to build and build during those times. we have already showed we would rather be a mid major.

i'm taking it all in now and will be around to just make dick comments every once in a while. hope u all enjoy what happened becuase u didn't press this leadership and a few of u crazies will actually enjoy this whole thing. i have deleted my twitter so u guys cant bitch about it any more. let me know which recruiting thread and such u want me to fix, i will take care of them as u ask. enjoy yourselves, uconn was something i loved and these 2 clown mother fruckers ruined it. they has literally a handful of days to pull a rabbit out of there butts, do u have faith still considering everything so far?

this once proud uconn fan is taking a break, throwing in the towel. i'll come back full time when this leadership makes something happen.

dan

that's the best news I heard today. I tuned you out a while ago and now I don't have to wade through your 100 posts a day

Reaction Score

dan

Do not want to get into a spitting match with such a loyal fan so as to make this conversation and not slander.
Your last two sentences sound like the definition of a band wagoner ...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

dan

Dude did you just go Baby Sheep on us?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't understand what has changed over the course of the last month or so. Our ultimate goal is the B1G but it will take 1-2 years before we can position ourselves for an AAU invite, men's basketball to be eligible for postseason play and show (again) that it is a top 10 program, and football to get back to a bowl game. We all signed up for the long haul, knowing that UConn wasn't going anywhere for a while. So what exactly has changed? As has been stated frequently, we are not in this position because of what Herbst and Manuel have/haven't done. We are here because of past Presidents and ADs who lacked the vision to advance UConn to the next level.

Get back on the USS Connecticut, man. Bailing on UConn now does NOTHING but prove public perception right, that UConn fans are fair weathered and will quickly jump ship when times are tough. UConn fans need to be loyal and supportive now more than ever.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't understand what has changed over the course of the last month or so. Our ultimate goal is the B1G but it will take 1-2 years before we can position ourselves for an AAU invite, men's basketball to be eligible for postseason play and show (again) that it is a top 10 program, and football to get back to a bowl game. We all signed up for the long haul, knowing that UConn was going anywhere for a while. So what exactly has changed? As has been stated frequently, we are not in this position because of what Herbst and Manuel have/haven't done. We are here because of past Presidents and ADs who lacked the vision to advance UConn to the next level.

Get back on the USS Connecticut, man. Bailing on UConn now does NOTHING but prove public perception right, that UConn fans are fair weathered and will quickly jump ship when times are tough. UConn fans need to be loyal and supportive now more than ever.
I was going to try to write a reasoned argument, then I thought it would be a futile endeavor, but then I saw your post and I think it makes the point really well. Hope the UConn fans out there keep this in mind. We haven't had as good fan support in the past decade, in large part due to Hathaway being a useless dweeb. Warde and Susan probably know what they're doing a little better than Hathaway did, but since their appeals are geared towards the larger UConn alumni community, and not written in the exact language the Boneyard wants to hear, people are throwing tantrums like toddlers. That's not going to look good to recruits, either athletic recruits or even high school kids that want to go to UConn. If on the other hand they see fans who (while complaining about the team not winning enough) actually provide support to their school, through donations, buying tickets, being positive at least once in a while, that will be what gets us through the hard times.

Anyway, Dooley said it better than I did.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If on the other hand they see fans who (while complaining about the team not winning enough) actually provide support to their school, through donations, buying tickets, being positive at least once in a while, that will be what gets us through the hard times.

This is exactly what we, as fans, need to do. UConn administration has enough on their plates trying to position the school for success that it can't afford to fight its own fanbase. We all want the same thing: UConn to succeed. So let's all take a deep breath, embrace the reality of the now, and do the ONLY thing that we can do: support our Huskies.

Reaction Score
Maybe you lost me when you suggested (yes you were kidding and took it down) the murder of Larry McHugh.

Makes it very difficult to understand if you are just a passionate husky or a lunatic.

I will say this. Some things cannot be fixed in the timeframe constituents would like. And I will preface this by saying that I don't believe we are Apple, but look where they were. And look where they are now. While it seems like it happened overnight to lots of people, to some shareholders Steve Jobs was probably being burned in effigy on a daily basis because it wasn't happening fast enough for some shareholders.

I believe that Herbst is great for the university. And that if she is successful it will be impossible to ignore us come crunch time. And it is nowhere near crunch time.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
When did you become a UConn fan? Many of us dealt with years of mid-level 1AA football with a couple of playoff games thrown in. We were the dregs of Big East basketball, cupcakes of the conference. A good public school in a region where not going to a private college meant your parents didn't have cash.

Look where the university stands right now. The campus has been transformed over the past 20 years and Storrs Center will fill the biggest demand of future/present students. Academics have strengthened considerably. We're sitting on a packed trophy case. We have a relatively new 40k seat stadium, elite football facilities and soon-to-be elite basketball facilities. Plans to continue to upgrade the olympic facilities. And an alumni base that is growing quickly - 70-80% increase in enrollment over the past 20 years.

2013 will be a fun year, still have a few teams worth playing against in the conference. 2014? Who knows what the conference landscape will look like by then. If you want to give up now but come running back when we get invited to the ACC or B1G, what kind of statement is that about you?

Reaction Score
Dan, you remind "me" of someone "I" know/knew very well. He is back as you will be. Don't take too long.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

dan

Drama queen.

Reaction Score
Realistically, it might take 5 years for UConn football to become a top 30 team but I think they will. And... I.... like everyone else can't do a damned thing about it except support the program, have faith in the powers that be and go to as many games as real life will allow. Five years from now who knows whats gonna happen in D-1 football. There might be 8 conferences all with an automatic bid to some national championship playoff or it might be just like it is now with a slew of minor bowls to make a lot of schools feel like they accomplished something. Who knows. All I know is as long as UConn has a D-1 football team I'm gonna support it in any way I can and enjoy the seasons as they come and go. I'm not gonna sit around pouting like a 5 year old that didn't get his way in the time frame that he wanted to. I suggest everyone else do the same. A lot less stressful that way.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Jungle Husky, I am convinced, wants us back in the YanCon. Pollyanna nonsense. Herbst, Manuel, and Blue and Luther need to go

Reaction Score
What an emo candy ass.

Throwing in the towel? Dude, you never had a towel.

This is just weird.

Emo candy ass? Fishy, is that the best you can do? Really? I expected so much more from you. Sad, and you know what, Dan actually does have a towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom