Thoughts on Kwintin Williams | The Boneyard

Thoughts on Kwintin Williams

Reaction Score
I'm really starting to like Kwintin. Yes, he is raw fundamentally but I always see the sophomore forward sticking in that 100% effort whenever he's on the floor. He is an athletic freak who just needs to get better with his basketball IQ and fundamentals.

Today's stats were respectable.

9 minutes, 3 points on 3-4 FT, 3 rebounds and no fouls.

I genuinely want to see him progress throughout the season. Fingers crossed that happens.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm really starting to like Kwintin. Yes, he is raw fundamentally but I always see the sophomore forward sticking in that 100% effort whenever he's on the floor. He is an athletic freak who just needs to get better with his basketball IQ and fundamentals.

I genuinely want to see him progress throughout the season. Fingers crossed that happens.

I like him for the energy alone. He really should throw on some shoulder pads and become a tight end. With that size and athletic ability, he might get a shot at the NFL.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A good coach would have fun with a prospect that has his potential. Hopefully someone gets the most out of him.

Reaction Score

The most reasonable 1am post I've read in a while!

Reaction Score
I like him for the energy alone. He really should throw on some shoulder pads and become a tight end. With that size and athletic ability, he might get a shot at the NFL.

Honestly, with our starting TE Tommy Myers graduating this year there's going to be a competition for his spot next year. Try him out there Randy.

Reaction Score
Crazy....I was paying attention to him a lot and totally liked what I saw. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Reaction Score
I like him. I’d like to see Kwintin, Whaley, and Diarra in together more. 3 energy guys with 2 guards and that’s a great lineup. He obviously needs some work with fundamentals but there is stuff to work with.

Reaction Score
I like him. I’d like to see Kwintin, Whaley, and Diarra in together more. 3 energy guys with 2 guards and that’s a great lineup. He obviously needs some work with fundamentals but there is stuff to work with.

And we'd literally be playing 2 on 5 every possession. 1 on 5 if it's Jalen/Vital and Anderson.

Reaction Score
I want to see more of him as well. This team isn’t going anywhere this season, let’s at least see an exciting brand of ball. KW has the type of athleticism to change a game. An electrifying dunk may be only worth two points but in terms of exciting the crowd and his teammates, can be far more valuable. It’s up to KO to design some plays to let KW show his awesome athleticism.

C

Chief00

I thought he played pretty well. It was interesting that KO focused on his two bad plays in the post game presser - the two foul shots he failed to effectively box out on.
Ironically, otherwise Chief’s observation was he boxed out the best on the team.
Again, KO needs to be more level - Anderson avoided any criticism despite sloppy play.

Reaction Score
That makes Whaley the 3?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

They’d have to evacuate the first four rows of seats around the court if we tried that.

The kid plays hard, but he has no idea what he’s doing. He’s a raw version of Whaley who is a raw version of Diarra who is a raw version of a basketball player.

Reaction Score
They’d have to evacuate the first four rows of seats around the court if we tried that.

The kid plays hard, but he has no idea what he’s doing. He’s a raw version of Whaley who is a raw version of Diarra who is a raw version of a basketball player.

So damn true LOL you can he such an ah sometime but a funny one. You can still play on our team next time there's a Classic. I was ready to call it Team Swamster.

Reaction Score
With his leaping ability, you'd think they might try to get him some lobs on the pick n roll.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
With his leaping ability, you'd think they might try to get him some lobs on the pick n roll.
The first game he played this year, he always seemed to be getting ready to make a move to the basket for the lob but no one ever threw it up to him. We miss Daniel Hamilton. He'd be great with KW.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Enough of the lobs, this team doesn't know how to do that and of greater importance, still is more worried about style than substance.

Case in point was a lob pass Adams threw to two players at the rim (side note being the lack of communication). What could have been an easy bucket ended up being a turnover. This was at a point in the first half where we were on the verge of blowing ECU out and ending the game before halftime. Instead, that play started turning the game back into a battle.

This team still doesn't get critical points and until they do, they will continue to frustrate us beyond description and slug their way to mediocrity.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Kwintin was the closest thing we had to a bright spot in the Auburn game. He came in with energy and enthusiasm, and was active and engaged. Yes, he was in the wrong spot at times, and was too easily drawn outside where he didn't belong on D. But he also recovered and got back where he should be quickly. He ended up with 6 points, 6 boards and an assist in 14 minutes.
That was followed inexplicably by zero minutes against Wichita State.
2 points and 3 boards in 9 minutes against Tulsa.
And now 3 and 3 in 9 minutes against ECU.

In the last four games, (which he only played in 3 of), he's had 11 points, 12 boards and 1 dime in 32 minutes, no TOs and 1 foul.

Raw as he is, on this team, Kwintin is more than a 9 minute player.

On the bulky side of our front court ledger, he's definitely behind Carlton and Diarra, but is leaps and bounds ahead of DO and EC.

Give him minutes, and he could turn into Marcus White.

And I would love to have MW on this team.

Reaction Score
Honestly, with our starting TE Tommy Myers graduating this year there's going to be a competition for his spot next year. Try him out there Randy.
He's listed at 211#. He just looks huge compared to the rest of the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom