Thoughts on Kwintin Williams | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on Kwintin Williams

pj

Reaction Score
He is a Chief Fav. When I first met him, I teased him about being Mr First Night with all the glitter. What I came to soon realize is he is a tough S#O#B - a Calhoun Guyer gym practice guy- he goes hard after it and doesn’t back down. That, a strong body and the ability to jump to the moon - all collectively count for something.

Still have a good feeling about him. When he gets defense, his minutes will climb quickly.

Reaction Score
He is a Chief Fav. When I first met him, I teased him about being Mr First Night with all the glitter. What I came to soon realize is he is a tough S#O#B - a Calhoun Guyer gym practice guy- he goes hard after it and doesn’t back down. That, a strong body and the ability to jump to the moon - all collectively count for something.
Counts for a lot man. It's called character. Strength of being.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I love when people refer to themselves in the third person..... I believe it's a sign of being a sociopath.

C

Chief00

Counts for a lot man. It's called character. Strength of being.
My two favorites - one has a bad shoulder and can’t practice his shooting as needed and the other dude averages 2 points per game.

C

Chief00

I love when people refer to themselves in the third person..... I believe it's a sign of being a sociopath.

I guess you never heard of the Goldwater Rule and that would be if you were actually a psychiatrist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Bet you were real impressed with his 4 minutes, and no stats put up last game. He really hasn't developed that much, not enough to give KO credit.

It's more than numbers, its moving around without people pointing at you where to go, it's help and retreat on defense which he was clueless on and now he gets it, there's a lot but I wouldn't want you to watch it too close. He's not killing it with numbers, who is, but there's things to look for and you throw those "Ollie sucks" blinders on and your opinion blows. But I get it! :rolleyes:

Reactions: pj

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Compromise - move students to the empty seats in the first few rows. If the seat owner shows up, they move back to the students section.
I like this idea a lot...until the first time a big donor shows up midway through the first half to displace the jalapeño mac 'n cheese kid. Then I might like it more.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He is a Chief Fav. When I first met him, I teased him about being Mr First Night with all the glitter. What I came to soon realize is, he’s a tough S#O#B - a Calhoun Guyer gym practice guy- he goes hard after it and doesn’t back down. That, a strong body and the ability to jump to the moon - all collectively count for something.
... and yet I remember your posts about him being somewhat less than glowing.

Regardless, I'm happy the game is starting to slow down for him and he's getting more burn.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Love Kwintin Williams. When he is on the court, he tries harder than the other 4 players combined. He has some really raw ability, but it needs to be refined. If his heart was in Larrier's body, he'd be an all American. Likewise, if Williams had Larrier's natural talent.

C

Chief00

... and yet I remember your posts about him being somewhat less than glowing.

Regardless, I'm happy the game is starting to slow down for him and he's getting more burn.

That’s true, as I indicated in the post you replied to. My first impression was he was a First Night utube dunk type, who was all flash and style. But, as I say I go by what I see and that work effort and toughness becomes apparent.

C

Chief00

I like this idea a lot...until the first time a big donor shows up midway through the first half to displace the jalapeño mac 'n cheese kid. Then I might like it more.
Compromise - move students to the empty seats in the first few rows. If the seat owner shows up, they move back to the students section.

The dirty truth is there still is a student lottery at Gampel. A student ticket is $5, I assume the Villanova adult ticket is at least $50. Therefore, we artificially restrict student attendance in hopes of selling an empty seat for much more money. If we are only averaging IDK but let’s say 7,000 to 8,000 at Gampel - we should have another 1,000 tickets included in the student lottery or at least have a lottery second prize that losers of the primary lottery auto opts into - this slate of games wouldn’t include one or two marque games - so we could still make top revenue on those games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The dirty truth is there still is a student lottery at Gampel. A student ticket is $5, I assume the Villanova adult ticket is at least $50. Therefore, we artificially restrict student attendance in hopes of selling an empty seat for much more money. If we are only averaging IDK but let’s say 7,000 to 8,000 at Gampel - we should have another 1,000 tickets included in the student lottery or at least have a lottery second prize that losers of the primary lottery auto opts into - this slate of games wouldn’t include one or two marque games - so we could still make top revenue on those games.

They had the lottery for my first 3 years, but did away with it - at least for season tickets - when I was a senior ('98-'99 N.C. year). The line formed by noon, the day before tickets went on sale and students camped all the way down Hillside. Calhoun and some players delivered pizza to them, but we were too far inside the breezeway to get any. I camped out with my RA, who opened up the supply closet so we carried an extra mattress down from Hilltop. Some kids brought down their PlayStations and TVs, and I don't think I've eclipsed my Majorska and OJ consumption that night in all the days combined since (almost 20 years). It was one of the greatest nights as a college student.

I say all that to ask this...When/Why was the lottery reinstated?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom