This Win is the Greatest Win in UConn History | The Boneyard

This Win is the Greatest Win in UConn History

Reaction Score
4 down, 2 to go. Uconn has handled Iowa 4 times in the past few years, even with Clark, we won going away. This team has arrived and playing their best BB this year. S. Cal put up a fight, but fell short. I said it before and I'll say it again..... I BELIEVE!!!!!!! I also believe that No. Carolina will beat S. Carolina in the FF and Uconn will beat N. Carolina in the championship game. I BELIEVE!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!! GO PAIGE !!!! GO AALIYAH !!!!!!

Reaction Score
Which ones were better? He dealt with more adversity the past 3 years than in the first 35-36.
First of all the greatest win for a championship program is winning a championship.

1) 1995 NC. The first.
2) 2000 NC. Proved that was no fluke, and bashed Tenn.
3) 2003 NC. The miracle Diana year.
4) 2013 NC. Finally beat ND, and started the 4-peat.
5) 1991 E8. Maybe this Geno guy knows what he’s doing.

I could go on.

Reaction Score
First of all the greatest win for a championship program is winning a championship.

1) 1995 NC. The first.

I could go on.
How about that title game where both UConn and ND came in undefeated?? :D

Reaction Score
Man just watching Nika give it her all. She’s tasked with the toughest defensive assignments and has to play the entire game. The exertion and exhaustion that she displays, man just so inspiring. We will miss her.

Reaction Score

1) 1995 NC. The first.

I could go on.
You’re entitled to your opinion. I didn’t expect to lose any of the games you mentioned. This was a brutal game, terrible calls, and after another brutal game. I thought they just willed themselves to win. I had no expectations after that Duke game.

Reaction Score
5 injured players on the bench this is Genos Greatest Coaching Season and maybe in all of BB history
Not five: Fudd, Patterson, El, Caroline, Griffin, DeBerry.

However, in my personal opinion, this is not the greatest win, although it can be argued it’s Geno’s greatest coaching accomplishment under the adverse circumstances. I can think of a few that I would rank ahead of it, including the win against Tennessee in 95.

Reaction Score
It’s not the greatest win. But this season will make for a great movie in 20-25 years

Reaction Score
I don't know about the best game ever but for sure the most amazing job Geno did so far. This team (after the injuries) is too small, too inexperienced, limited number of players, etc. and somehow, he was able to get this team to the final 4. It clearly helps to have a generational player and a real tough and determined group of players but Geno's coaching this year is absolutely amazing!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
4 down, 2 to go. Uconn has handled Iowa 4 times in the past few years, even with Clark, we won going away. This team has arrived and playing their best BB this year. S. Cal put up a fight, but fell short. I said it before and I'll say it again..... I BELIEVE!!!!!!! I also believe that No. Carolina will beat S. Carolina in the FF and Uconn will beat N. Carolina in the championship game. I BELIEVE!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!! GO PAIGE !!!! GO AALIYAH !!!!!!
It's N. Carolina State not N. Carolina, but you may be correct in their beating S. Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom