This drives me nuts about Andre Jackson! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This drives me nuts about Andre Jackson!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Here’s the problem with that thinking. During the Butler game no one could shoot for the better part of 3/4s of the game glad we were playing Butler. What good is his game trying to get assists to people who can’t make a shots? At times it may be necessary for us to have him score is my point. Most of the time no, you’re right. But he does need to try to once in while.
He had 6 assists vs Butler, which in cbb is a high mark. He shot 20% from the field, why would that warrant more shots, less passes?

Reaction Score
He had 6 assists vs Butler, which in cbb is a high mark. He shot 20% from the field, why would that warrant more shots, less passes?
It doesn't who said it did? What we are asking for is a better and more efficient scorer at some point. We may need him to be just that at some point, can't just be throwing assists out every game they won't guard him eventually if he doesn't try to get to the hole. Not sure what we're missing here?

Reaction Score
Nitpick? Really is that what you call discussing just how good AJ could be if he could shoot and get to the rim? I'm thinking if you're not wondering then you're not watching. I mean everyone is admitting he's still very good for us and are happy to have him is Storrs. But besides for his own sake, you don't think of how good this offense would be if the other defense had to really worry about him? I wouldn't think giving 14.5 to Nova would be enough if that were the case.
Listen I think all the players can continue to get better similar to everyone in their personal industries. With that said, this is by far the best offense under Hurley & both the record & the overall efficiency shows. Would the offense be even better if Jackson penetrated to the hoop more often probably, but as I said this offense is pretty rock solid & not to mention I watch just about every college basketball game possible & I haven’t seen a squad that goes on spurts the way this team does- truly impressive.

Reaction Score
A lot of good points have been made in this thread. AJax provides so much to this team and it was clear just by watching how much better this team got once he came back from injury at the beginning of the season. However, opposing teams through watching film will start planting Andre's defender in the middle of the paint (i.e. Ryan Hawkins on Creighton last year) and/or playing him for the pass without worrying about him driving to the basket to score. That is going to close down passing lanes more where he has to thread the needle and it could clog the paint for Sanogo.

If AJax takes advantage of this by getting a few baskets a game it will open up the passing lanes that much more. A guy I would like AJax to watch is Tyler Kolek on Marquette. They are both high IQ players that have not good, but excellent floor vision and passing. AJax is a much better defender and rebounder than Kolek, but Kolek is much better about taking the initiative to score and keeping his defender honest and burning said defender he is playing off of him and anticipating him passing.

At the top of the key AJax usually does a dribble hand off and screens for the recipient running by him, which is usually Hawk, Newton, or Joey C. I guarantee his defender will get used to that and automatically assume this will happen whenever AJax is dribbling at the top of the key and a Husky is running towards him. AJax, like Draymond Green of the Warriors, can keep the ball and his dribble and drive towards the basket for a dunk 1-2 times a game. I hope the coaching staff has alerted him of this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jackson has played 10 games and has 20 made FG's for the season. Seven of those are 3-pointers, leaving 13 made 2-point FG's. Take out his dunks off of back door alley oops and transition and Jackson probably has 3-5 baskets all season that aren't a 3 pointer or a dunk.

I have no idea what any of it means, but it was math with small numbers so it's something I could work with.

11 games now and he missed every two point shot he took that wasn't a dunk.

3 made FG's tonight. A pair of 3's and a dunk.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
11 games now and he missed every two point shot he took that wasn't a dunk.

3 made FG's tonight. A pair of 3's and a dunk.
It’s actually almost not okay at this point. His best ability is his defense and he can’t even score easily from the breaks he can cause from it.

Reaction Score
The biggest problem any fan should have with Andre, if they decide to have any, is that he is so competitive that he gets the team in trouble with his mouth on the court. Other than that you can't ask for a better team player that does it all. Would it be great if he also averaged 15 a game?
Sure. But the team is winning without that while he averages 5 assists and 6 boards per game, plays ridiculous defense, fights to the death for loose balls, saves out of bounds plays, gets steals and forces turnovers. 15, 5 and 6 would get him just a couple of ticks in each category under Magic Johnson college numbers. That would be great. I'm sure he'd love to put up numbers like that. As fans I think we should be happy that we have him for what he is and not lament what he is not.

Reaction Score
He makes a great defensive play and takes the ball the other way and gets off balance and doesn’t score. So from that it can be determined that he is a good defender, but can’t finish what he starts? It was one play. I found him to be more entertaining than anyone else on the floor. He gets ragged about his jump shot. He hits to critical 3 pt shots and still there is criticism for only making 2 3’s and a dunk? Does anyone see how much his follow through on his shots have improved? He is proving to be a decent spot up shooter. He won’t likely ever be able to create his shot like Hawkins, but play off him and he will drop a dagger on you [Spooky Witchy stuff]. I don’t understand such concern about his game? He’s getting better every game. I believe he is going to be a monster at the dance and MVP when it is all over. Jackson’s my man!!! Sorry Joey C…….

Reaction Score
Who got up higher? Sticks or Ajax?
I’ve wondered that for a long time. Let’s just say that while Ajax may have a slight edge in vertical, Sticks had probably 40 pounds on him — that’s impressive as hell.

Can we get some NIL $ flowing to Sticks family?

Reaction Score
Andre has shooting skills which he uses but he elects to get others involved, as an example he‘s not a breakdown end of the time clock shooter but he drops it off for a dunk usually. Higher %.
Andre has shooting skills which he uses but he elects to get others involved, as an example he‘s not a breakdown end of the time clock shooter but he drops it off for a dunk usually. Higher %.
Andre - shooting skills ? have you any watched games over the past two years - are you shocked that no team has chosen to guard him ? valuable guy, for sure, and great defender rebounder, transition guy, and finisher but has among the most flawed shooting mechanics of any elite athlete I've ever seen. Hard to see more than a cup of coffee in the NBA whout drastic improvement

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
“It’s actually almost not okay.” Christ this place is something else.

I guess I’ll zag here and say kudos to Andre for erasing yet another lottery pick and hitting the biggest shot of the game.
Yes his defense is probably the best in the country. Should be Big East DPOY. But if he wants to play at the next level it’s not acceptable to be that bad at going to the rim still.

I’m not saying he’s bad. He’s probably our most important player. Just talking about for his future and possibly ours for when we may really need him in a tight spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My only gripe with Ajax: I feel like it was the 3rd game in a row where he made a good play/shot and got T’d up for chirping at the opposing bench right afterwards. Hopefully he can keep his emotions in check so it doesn’t end up hurting us one of these games. Having said that, his pros far outweigh his cons, but this is just an observation I made the last few games.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is the straw that stirs the drink. Anyone saying negative about him is legitimately insane. The team finds their energy and swag from Andre. He is a legitimate wild card and puts the fear of God in teams.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is the straw that stirs the drink. Anyone saying negative about him is legitimately insane. The team finds their energy and swag from Andre. He is a legitimate wild card and puts the fear of God in teams.
Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch when someone points out his obvious flaws. That doesn’t mean he’s not a great player with obvious strengths. The two can coexist.

Andre is a great player. He (and the team) has the potential to be even better by addressing some basic things.

He makes hard things look easy, and easy things look hard.

Reaction Score
Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch when someone points out his obvious flaws. That doesn’t mean he’s not a great player with obvious strengths. The two can coexist.

Andre is a great player. He (and the team) has the potential to be even better by addressing some basic things.

Probably because it’s nothing new - it’s been beaten to death and well into the afterlife.

The new observation from the past two games which has been addressed is that he’s got to be smarter about jawing so not to negatively impact himself or the team.

I’m choosing to just appreciate him and the other guys because if you’d been around in the KO malaise segment of the program’s life you’re absolutely friggin giddy to be a part of the national CBB conversation in a positive sense because there was no guarantees after the end of the KO era.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Because it’s like attacking Clingan for not shooting 3s. Or Diarra for not driving more. You’re piling on a kid who’s a huge part of the countries best team for not being who you think he should be. Why don’t we just start threads on every players weaknesses then? Why only pile on Andres flaws?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because it’s like attacking Clingan for not shooting 3s. Or Diarra for not driving more. You’re piling on a kid who’s a huge part of the countries best team for not being who you think he should be. Why don’t we just start threads on every players weaknesses then? Why only pile on Andres flaws?
Not everyone has the potential, experience, and responsibility Andre has. We all want the best for not only the team, but for him especially.

Personally I would like to see him win a championship and then have a long successful career in the NBA. Most guys outside of Hawkins and Clingan probably don’t have a high chance of doing the NBA part on this team. If Andre wants that to happen then yeah, he needs to fix a very obvious flaw that shouldn’t be that hard to fix.

It’s a very fair thing to say and if his family is reading this, we love your son and want him to dunk on more people so he can make a lot of money in the future! Lol

Reaction Score
Not everyone has the potential, experience, and responsibility Andre has. We all want the best for not only the team, but for him especially.

Personally I would like to see him win a championship and then have a long successful career in the NBA. Most guys outside of Hawkins and Clingan probably don’t have a high chance of doing the NBA part on this team. If Andre wants that to happen then yeah, he needs to fix a very obvious flaw that shouldn’t be that hard to fix.

It’s a very fair thing to say and if his family is reading this, we love your son and want him to dunk on more people so he can make a lot of money in the future! Lol
It’s usually the manner in which it’s said.

At some point players are just who they are. Off-season for adding skills, in season is to refine things.

Dre’s skills are well documented. His areas of opportunity are well documented. I’m sure he and those around him are aware of his limitations & his ceiling, as well as the things that he needs to address to get put in the best position professionally.

Andre can’t shoot & Donovan & Sanogo should play together are the dumbest & most consistently re-posted threads on the BY. The fact people keep making them is baffling. There hasn’t been new information to warrant continuing to recycle these topics. (Not direct at you HuskyWarrior, more just a general statement. Although just “fixing” his shooting I think is tremendously more complex of an issue than how you characterize it)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s usually the manner in which it’s said.

At some point players are just who they are. Off-season for adding skills, in season is to refine things.

Dre’s skills are well documented. His areas of opportunity are well documented. I’m sure he and those around him are aware of his limitations & his ceiling, as well as the things that he needs to address to get put in the best position professionally.

Andre can’t shoot & Donovan & Sanogo should play together are the dumbest & most consistently re-posted threads on the BY. The fact people keep making them is baffling. There hasn’t been new information to warrant continuing to recycle these topics. (Not direct at you HuskyWarrior, more just a general statement. Although just “fixing” his shooting I think is tremendously more complex of an issue than how you characterize it)
Idk man. This is year 3 and he still struggles to drive in the paint. I think he’s put a lot of energy towards his jumpshot and it’s been working because it’s much better than his freshman year. But I’ve been hammering him getting better on drives since last year and I don’t think we’ve seen any improvement there. Wish he put as much energy there as he does his jumpshot. Think this Nova game just triggered those same feelings as far as his ability to drive to talk about them more.

Guys with his skillset can’t shoot all the time and are successful. But they all can get to the rim for the most part. Scottie Barnes was a lottery pick and didn’t take a three, Ben Simmons became an All Star without one. But they all can use their athleticism to get to the rim at will. Something I’m hoping Andre puts more focus into.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom