This drives me nuts about Andre Jackson! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

This drives me nuts about Andre Jackson!

Reaction Score
I don’t think holding people to high standards that they can achieve is crapping on them.

He can be if he tried. He’s a special talent.
He's a special talent but he's never going to be a guy like Kemba or Shabazz who's going to take over a game by getting his own shot. Judging him based on that standard is beyond stupid

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's a special talent but he's never going to be a guy like Kemba or Shabazz who's going to take over a game by getting his own shot. Judging him based on that standard is beyond stupid
It’s beyond stupid how many things you think is beyond stupid.

Reaction Score
He shot 12 threes today because they just sagged off him. He made 4, so not terrible. But 12 threes, on 14 shots total, just feels like way too many.
3-4 came in the frantic last 2 mins though.

Reaction Score
Jax let's other team into his head too much and take's volume 3's just to prove he can....not what was needed last 5 mins of game from him.

Reaction Score
Jax let's other team into his head too much and take's volume 3's just to prove he can....not what was needed last 5 mins of game from him.

Before desperation time, I only remember one of his 3's being a bad early-shot-clock jacked 3.

Can't judge the desperation time 3's by the same standard.

Reaction Score
Before desperation time, I only remember one of his 3's being a bad early-shot-clock jacked 3.

Can't judge the desperation time 3's by the same standard.
Jax shouldn't be looking for 3's when much better options for that are usually on the court....seemed to me like he was looking for his 3 instead of moving the ball. Even in desparation time Jax isn't the guy that should be taking 3's, it's not a natural shot for him like Joey & Hawk.

Reaction Score
Jax shouldn't be looking for 3's when much better options for that are usually on the court....seemed to me like he was looking for his 3 instead of moving the ball.

He is a good enough shooter that if the other team is literally saying "please just shoot with no one within 10 feet" he should take that shot.

He did look for other options plenty of other times as well.

Again, assuming you're not talking about desperation time, which is a different situation.

Reaction Score
Okay, I started this thread. It was really just a simple thing that I have noticed over the past two years with Andre. When he puts the ball on the floor he hardly ever does anything but pass it. It's not crapping on him. It's just pointing out one thing that stuck out to me. As I said originally, this team has a ton of options to score. We don't need him to score a ton of points. His skills and hustle fit perfectly with a team of scorers. The only point was that I don't want him to be predictable. If he takes his guy to the rim ONCE IN A WHILE, it will keep things honest and open up the passing lanes. Nobody wants him to try and turn into Kemba Walker!!! I see someone mentioned above that we needed his scoring today. Nooooo. That's not his role, we've got 5 good scorers on this team. I thought Xavier just played a great game and took it from us today.

Actually, in the past few games he has gotten to the rim a few times, so that's good.

Today, taking 12 threes was an aberration. I don't love that, but I'm sure it was just a one time thing, I'm not worried about it.

Andre, keep working on your game, your outside shot has improved a ton, and I'm sure the other nit picking pieces that this middle aged nobody is pointing out will improve as well if you deem them important to you and the team!

Reaction Score
ezgif-4-f7154d5f46.gif

Missed opportunity if Hurley didn't get in AJ's face with this message in the next huddle...

Reaction Score
I look forward to hearing about what drove you nuts about Jackson’s game today. I doubt we won that game without Jackson. I see a guy improving with each game. I suppose I could find some complaint with his game, but why would I?

Reaction Score
I agree with you!!! He has it in him and I believe he will have that game before going pro at the end of the year. I scratched my head not believing Bouknight went when he did, but Jackson I believe will be ready. I also think Jackson will make an impact quicker than Bouknight. He defiantly has shown us a lot of what he is capable of.

Reaction Score
Jackson is the equal to two players. Love his energy and what he brings. A little mellowing would be helpful with the mouth. Some serious drives to the hoop w/finishing would go a long way. He did play a fine floor game today. He is truly an exciting player to watch.

Reaction Score
I look forward to hearing about what drove you nuts about Jackson’s game today. I doubt we won that game without Jackson. I see a guy improving with each game. I suppose I could find some complaint with his game, but why would I?
Dude, read what I wrote! Andre Jackson is perfect for this team! I pointed out one thing about his game that I would love to see him do. And I wish he had done it today too. If he finished at the rim more it would good for the team and good for his pro career. It's as simple that.

Reaction Score
Dude, read what I wrote! Andre Jackson is perfect for this team! I pointed out one thing about his game that I would love to see him do. And I wish he had done it today too. If he finished at the rim more it would good for the team and good for his pro career. It's as simple that.
Patience Grasshopper. We know he is going to breakout soon. Best regards. I am not a dude by the way….. Just a very old man.

Reaction Score
Patience Grasshopper. We know he is going to breakout soon. Best regards. I am not a dude by the way….. Just a very old man.
Yes, I think he will too. And old men can still be dudes! I'm an old man too.

Reaction Score
Honestly he's not going to "breakout" by your definition, or have a 20-10-10 game...

He's not wired that way. And I'm fine with it. He's going to keep doing what he's been doing all year.

And if I'm wrong and you're right, then that will be an added bonus on the season!

Reaction Score
I really wish the coaches would tell him to just once, don't even worry about an offensive foul...take it to the hoop and absolutely posterize the stationary defender...offensive foul be damned.

So many times, you can see him with the path to this, but a stationary defender is set up...and he does everything possible to dodge him and avoid the charge.

Maybe in a lower stakes game like SJU or Hall where he can spare the foul?

I think it could be a lightbulb moment. Can't really hurt to try?

Reaction Score
Honestly he's not going to "breakout" by your definition, or have a 20-10-10 game...

He's not wired that way. And I'm fine with it. He's going to keep doing what he's been doing all year.

And if I'm wrong and you're right, then that will be an added bonus on the season!

I agree he won't breakout. He'll be the same.

It's just a game that will come to him.

Reaction Score
“When people are playing off you, there's different things you can do,” Hurley said. “We can screen lower for him. You can get a head of steam for the guy that's playing soft on you. You don't have to run him over. You can play off of his hip. I think he's still finding his way. We're at the mid-point of the year and I think he's still trying to find the best way for him to be affective, offensively.”

Alternate free link:

Defenses daring Andre Jackson to shoot. Can UConn men's basketball guard take advantage of opportunity?

Reaction Score
“When people are playing off you, there's different things you can do,” Hurley said. “We can screen lower for him. You can get a head of steam for the guy that's playing soft on you. You don't have to run him over. You can play off of his hip. I think he's still finding his way. We're at the mid-point of the year and I think he's still trying to find the best way for him to be affective, offensively.”

Alternate free link:

Defenses daring Andre Jackson to shoot. Can UConn men's basketball guard take advantage of opportunity?

Should be effective and not affective in DH’s quote, I believe.

Pedantry aside, it is a bit odd that he doesn’t really ever lay the ball up after driving to the rim. He dunks, he does the 8 foot one handed pull up….but he doesn’t ever just get by his man and lay it in.

What was he like offensively in HS? Obviously he didn’t have much in the way of a jumper, but did he attack the rim?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom