This drives me nuts about Andre Jackson! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This drives me nuts about Andre Jackson!

Reaction Score
Andre has shooting skills which he uses but he elects to get others involved, as an example he‘s not a breakdown end of the time clock shooter but he drops it off for a dunk usually. Higher %.

Reaction Score
I hope he keeps attacking. But i said that about Gaffney, I hoped Whaley would shoot more, at some point you accept these guys have mental blocks about shooting.

Let's not throw Andre in with Gaffney lol. And even Whaley he was what he was, a nice defensive player, rebounder but it hurt he couldn't score all that much.

We should expect a player with Andres athleticism and intelligence would find a way to score more often. The OP is correct. How many times has he gone baseline with ease and dished? I mean I'm not saying dunk it all the time but how about a reverse lay in given the hops and quickness?

Hey he's a great player as I've said I'm very happy to have him. But no doubt if he could score we'd be even better because the defense still knows he's not trying to score and other coaches plan that to a point in preparation.

Reaction Score
I agree with much of what youve said, he’s very predictable. I would tell my team to jump passing lanes vs him, he can also be careless with the ball. But hes not a total non-factor like Akok was. The problem is that whatever we gained in the half court by replacing him we would lose that and more in transition, defense, and overall team energy level/activity. In the near future everyone on the team around DC will be a triple threat.
But yet now that he’s established himself in the starting lineup, he’s proven himself to actually NOT be careless with the ball and to make precision passes nearly all the time.

Since the Iowa St game, he has a ridiculous 36 assists to only 6 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Hurley might want to think about adding some more games this year otherwise the yard is gonna continue to come up with threads like this & nitpick the players to death….I thought as a player I got itchy to play the games- at least we know the fans have the same passion for the games!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jackson has played 10 games and has 20 made FG's for the season. Seven of those are 3-pointers, leaving 13 made 2-point FG's. Take out his dunks off of back door alley oops and transition and Jackson probably has 3-5 baskets all season that aren't a 3 pointer or a dunk.

I have no idea what any of it means, but it was math with small numbers so it's something I could work with.

Reaction Score
Hurley might want to think about adding some more games this year otherwise the yard is gonna continue to come up with threads like this & nitpick the players to death….I thought as a player I got itchy to play the games- at least we know the fans have the same passion for the games!
You think the coach has anything to do with scheduling? And so, what, you want them playing every third day during finals week and through the holidays?

Reaction Score
To add my two cent opinion, if on any given possession where the ball lands in his hands resulting in points scored is the best possible outcome period. His shooting motion is so much improved over last year. Last year his ugly shot still managed to go in, but this year it looks pretty off the release. He can drive any time he wants and because of that danger often times he sees a better option for an easy score rather than a spectacular one. I for one think he is talented and well coached and has a game that hugely impacts the game without the need to make that night’s highlight film.

Reaction Score

Nitpick? Really is that what you call discussing just how good AJ could be if he could shoot and get to the rim? I'm thinking if you're not wondering then you're not watching. I mean everyone is admitting he's still very good for us and are happy to have him is Storrs. But besides for his own sake, you don't think of how good this offense would be if the other defense had to really worry about him? I wouldn't think giving 14.5 to Nova would be enough if that were the case.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I hope he keeps attacking. But i said that about Gaffney, I hoped Whaley would shoot more, at some point you accept these guys have mental blocks about shooting.
I remember Rudy Gay came in with that problem till Calhoun verbally beat it out of him. If I was Hurley I’d tell Andre that he needs 5 shots at the rim a game make or miss. Just try it. Only way to get better and more confident.

It’s not necessary for us to win, but it would be good for Andre’s NBA future.

Reaction Score
I remember Rudy Gay came in with that problem till Calhoun verbally beat it out of him. If I was Hurley I’d tell Andre that he needs 5 shots at the rim a game make or miss. Just try it. Only way to get better and more confident.

It’s not necessary for us to win, but it would be good for Andre’s NBA future.

Here’s the problem with that thinking. During the Butler game no one could shoot for the better part of 3/4s of the game glad we were playing Butler. What good is his game trying to get assists to people who can’t make a shots? At times it may be necessary for us to have him score is my point. Most of the time no, you’re right. But he does need to try to once in while.

Reaction Score
We're 13-0, just keep doing what he's doing.
Yes, this is the answer. Don't try to tune anything or do things better or differently, we're perfect. I think every team that has started 13-0 has won the National Championship.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Here’s the problem with that thinking. During the Butler game no one could shoot for the better part of 3/4s of the game glad we were playing Butler. What good is his game trying to get assists to people who can’t make a shots? At times it may be necessary for us to have him score is my point. Most of the time no, you’re right. But he does need to try to once in while.
Wait I think we agree here in that we want him to score the ball more and be more aggressive. It’s just so far we’ve been fine without it so I’m not going to personally hammer on it too much.

But for his own personal development NBA wise, and even maybe for when we need it later he needs to get more comfortable attacking the rim. If he focused on that halfway as much as he focused on his three point shot he’d be on mock boards.

It’s actually kind of ridiculous a guy with all that athleticism put so much effort into shooting over using his elite level athleticism to score.

Reaction Score
Just asking, if you were a teammate, would you want a guy playing with you who prioritized passing the ball? That’s the beauty of this team offensively.
As for his drives, I predict they will come. Talking to him, one thing he’s really worked on is tightening up his dribbling and passing, which along with athleticism leads to becoming an effective driver.
Yeah, if I'm his teammate, I love a guy who works his ass off and passes first. It helps everyone. But, I also want every one of my teammates to develop their games so that we are brutal to defend. There are going to be nights when shots aren't falling. Every guy should be trying to develop aspects of their game that need improvement. Right now, when Andre puts the ball on the floor, the defense can simply play the pass. If he becomes a threat to get to the rim, then other defenders will need to help more and their men will be more open when he does pass. It's not even really about Andre scoring much more at all, it's just about not being predictable and easy to defend. And I agree with you, I think the drives will come as well.

Reaction Score
You think the coach has anything to do with scheduling? And so, what, you want them playing every third day during finals week and through the holidays?
I was joking- lol- guess you didn’t understand my take- next time I will try to be more clear- I apologize.

Reaction Score
Wait I think we agree here in that we want him to score the ball more and be more aggressive. It’s just so far we’ve been fine without it so I’m not going to personally hammer on it too much.

But for his own personal development NBA wise, and even maybe for when we need it later he needs to get more comfortable attacking the rim. If he focused on that halfway as much as he focused on his three point shot he’d be on mock boards.

It’s actually kind of ridiculous a guy with all that athleticism put so much effort into shooting over using his elite level athleticism to score.
You’ve nailed it. he would be unstoppable at the rim if he worked on it.… and it would make those dump off passes that much more effective. At some point teams will start playing the pass daring him to go to the rim and he needs to be able to capitalize

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom