They're Back.. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

They're Back..

Reaction Score
I don't know I think the pressure is getting to them!
They look tight to me!
A bundle of nerves!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
OMG!, Caroline is so much taller than KK. I mean, we all know the Hartley units, but it’s quite striking to see it so clearly in pictures like this one.

The first thing I noticed about Caroline when seeing her up close in person is just how tall and "lanky" she is. Almost takes you aback.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first thing I noticed about Caroline when seeing her up close in person is just how tall and "lanky" she is. Almost takes you aback.
Agreed, Huskee11. I knew she was 6'2" before I got to talk with her before a game last winter at the XL Center, but the reality that I've shrunk in old age from about 6' tall to maybe 5'10 1/2" hit home when we stood face to face and she towered above me. :rolleyes:

That said, it also gives me hope she'll get to play some basketball for the Huskies this winter; I'm hoping and praying for that anyway!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Good signs there with Ayanna!

She adds a different dimenson. I remember the DePaul game at Gampel in January 2023, when Ayanna as a first year was able to hold her own against Aneesah Morrow.

If she is healthy she will get meaningful minutes. Would love to see her covering Iriafen when USC comes to town.

Reaction Score
Couple months ago viewing pictures I thought that Ayanna had possibly lost a bunch of weight and muscle mass.

Looking at these pics, it sure appears that she could bench press more than Paige. And I am not sure how much Paige even weighs!

130 maybe? Almost certainly Ayanna presses at least a plate; probably multiple reps with that! So ya, easily more than Paige!

Sure hope the knee problem is in her past for good!

Reaction Score
Agreed, Huskee11. I knew she was 6'2" before I got to talk with her before a game last winter at the XL Center, but the reality that I've shrunk in old age from about 6' tall to maybe 5'10 1/2" hit home when we stood face to face and she towered above me. :rolleyes:

That said, it also gives me hope she'll get to play some basketball for the Huskies this winter; I'm hoping and praying for that anyway!
Very sad. I used to be 6'2". One of the last games UConn football played on campus, I stood eyeball to eyeball with Taurasi who was holding court outside the fence. I was impressed with how tall she was (maybe 6'0"). Since then I'm sure I haven't gotten any taller.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Couple months ago viewing pictures I thought that Ayanna had possibly lost a bunch of weight and muscle mass.

Looking at these pics, it sure appears that she could bench press more than Paige. And I am not sure how much Paige even weighs!

130 maybe? Almost certainly Ayanna presses at least a plate; probably multiple reps with that! So ya, easily more than Paige!

I see Paige listed at 140. I bet she's over that, with all her added muscle. Recall that she's 6'0".

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It is very encouraging to see Caroline. I can only imagine Paige Azzi Chen and Caroline from outside. Automatic Now that would be an Ariel attack like no other team and I havent even mentioned anybody else. When you look at the top team in WCBB and you hear about their top outside shooters and then look at UConns. We have alot more outside shooters that would start then any other team. OMG this is amazin

Reaction Score
Kerry Bascom wiki: Single season scoring average (22.6 in 88–89; 20.5 in 89–90; 20.0 in 90–91)
Not sure if Rebecca Lobo commits to UConn, if Kerry Bascom's teams did not make the NCAA's in each of those three years, and ran all the way to the Final Four for Lobo to join the team in 91-92...

Thank God Geno & CD stayed when Lobo committed, otherwise the Evil Orange Empire would have had at least 4 more NC's. That would be nearly intolerable... :cool::D:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Patterson owned the weight room as a freshman according to her team mates, and it wasn't close. She is a perfect example of a player who played in a weak HS conference and had weak team skills. Her athleticism is in Gabby's class and she is 2 inches taller. Despite her need to develop more she has a pro-level body already. She is strong enough to body up on nearly anyone and runs the floor like a guard.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
It is very encouraging to see Caroline. I can only imagine Paige Azzi Chen and Caroline from outside. Automatic Now that would be an Ariel attack like no other team and I havent even mentioned anybody else. When you look at the top team in WCBB and you hear about their top outside shooters and then look at UConns. We have alot more outside shooters that would start then any other team. OMG this is amazin
Tonyc...id like to know wht you and some of the others consider a respectful 3-pt shooting average....high 30s? 40-45? 45-50?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom