They're Back.. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

They're Back..

Reaction Score
Tonyc...id like to know wht you and some of the others consider a respectful 3-pt shooting average....high 30s? 40-45? 45-50?

That depends on how many shots they take/game. A player who takes 1.5 three's a game is only taking wide open catch and shoot shots should average over 40%. It's not much different from a ft. KML, Senechal, Bueckers and Fudd all flirted with 50% well into seasons. A lot of that was due to there being other offensive options on the team. Players who take 15 three's per game can be effective at 35%.

I think UConn has several "take the last shot" 3pt shooters. Bueckers, Fudd, Strong, Ducharme and Ziebell. They can play every position on the court. Five shooters of their caliber on one roster may be unprecedented.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tonyc...id like to know wht you and some of the others consider a respectful 3-pt shooting average....high 30s? 40-45? 45-50?
34% which equates to 51% from inside the arc. Plus, when you consider longer rebounds on missed 3-pt shots, there's a better opportunity for the offense to get another shot.

just my 2cents. :cool:

Reaction Score
I love seeing them in practice almost as much as in games. I imagine most of us feel the same way. It's not just that they're great athletes. It's also that we've gotten to see their personalities, their wit and humor, their grit and determination. When we see them in action, we bring all that extra understanding to what we're seeing.

Jana Sarah Ayanna: OMG, does it make me happy to see them moving around the court with force and energy.
Paige KK Kaitlyn Ash: just watching the intensity when they have a ball and a defender is delightful.
Aubrey Allie Morgan Ice Q Caroline Azzi: they are like presents under the tree on Christmas morning waiting for a chance to surprise us all.

Reaction Score
I love seeing them in practice almost as much as in games. I imagine most of us feel the same way. It's not just that they're great athletes. It's also that we've gotten to see their personalities, their wit and humor, their grit and determination. When we see them in action, we bring all that extra understanding to what we're seeing.

Jana Sarah Ayanna: OMG, does it make me happy to see them moving around the court with force and energy.
Paige KK Kaitlyn Ash: just watching the intensity when they have a ball and a defender is delightful.
Aubrey Allie Morgan Ice Q Caroline Azzi: they are like presents under the tree on Christmas morning waiting for a chance to surprise us all.
Wow! That is very well said. I like it very much.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML, Senechal, Bueckers and Fudd all flirted with 50% well into seasons. A lot of that was due to there being other offensive options on the team.
The top 10 seasons for UConn:

1. .497 Sue
2. .496 MoJeff
3. .492 KML
4. .482 KML
5. .476 Kerry
6. .475 Katie Lou
7. .473 Kris Lamb
8. .466 Sue
9. .464 Paige
10. .462 Kia

Others:

Azzi: .430
Paige: .416
Lou/Chica: .440

Reaction Score
Curious if anyone knows what is around Carol's head and wrists? Looks like some sort of concussion protection gear but I am not familiar with that world.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

1. .497 Sue
2. .496 MoJeff
3. .492 KML
4. .482 KML
5. .476 Kerry
6. .475 Katie Lou
7. .473 Kris Lamb
8. .466 Sue
9. .464 Paige
10. .462 Kia

Others:

One qualifier. The 3-pt line for women was moved back to the men’s 3-pt line for the 2021-22 season.

Reaction Score
34% which equates to 51% from inside the arc. Plus, when you consider longer rebounds on missed 3-pt shots, there's a better opportunity for the offense to get another shot.

just my 2cents. :cool:

That leaves out one factor. Players attempting two points shots draw far more fouls than players attempting three point shots. That is a significant factor. Not only does this generate extra points, but it also gets the other teams players in foul trouble and also gets a team to the bonus faster.

One good source in studying this issue is Pomeroy’s true shooting percentage, which incorporates the value of free throws drawn. According to his numbers, there is a huge advantage in effective shooting percentage for players who take shots in the paint.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Curious if anyone knows what is around Carol's head and wrists? Looks like some sort of concussion protection gear but I am not familiar with that world.
Those are just sweat bands.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That leaves out one factor. Players attempting two points shots draw far more fouls than players attempting three point shots. That is a significant factor. Not only does this generate extra points, but it also gets the other teams players in foul trouble and also gets a team to the bonus faster.

One good source in studying this issue is Pomeroy’s true shooting percentage, which incorporates the value of free throws drawn. According to his numbers, there is a huge advantage in effective shooting percentage for players who take shots in the paint.
I don’t disagree with your point. But the original question was, “what you consider a respectable 3-pt shooting average?” IMO, 34% is respectable from the arc.

Reaction Score
Those are just sweat bands.
I don't think so. Neither are sweatbands you can see at the clip towards the end, whats on her wrist is almost watch shape and the band on her head isn't the texture of asweat band. I would assume both are connected to her concussion recovery, the head band looks like a kind of head protection band but I am unfamiliar with them myself.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Neither are sweatbands you can see at the clip towards the end, whats on her wrist is almost watch shape and the band on her head isn't the texture of asweat band. I would assume both are connected to her concussion recovery, the head band looks like a kind of head protection band but I am unfamiliar with them myself.
That thing on her wrist may be a sweat band, or athletic tape; but the fabric of the band around her head doesn't appear to be terry cloth. Almost like it would be more of a sweat repentant material than an absorption type and it has some depth to it like it is cushioned, but who know. Frankly, I hope it is something like that and that it works. She deserves a break!

Reaction Score
That thing on her wrist may be a sweat band, or athletic tape; but the fabric of the band around her head doesn't appear to be terry cloth. Almost like it would be more of a sweat repentant material than an absorption type and it has some depth to it like it is cushioned, but who know. Frankly, I hope it is something like that and that it works. She deserves a break!
I can't link the screen shot but the thing around her wrist is very clearly neither as sweat band or tape. its some sort of electronic devise covered by tape, potentially a watch but since she's playing with it instead of taking it off its something she wants to practice with hence the connection to her concussions.

Reaction Score
Where is this photo? Who posted it? I'd love to see what you are talking about. Thanks.

Reaction Score

1. .497 Sue
2. .496 MoJeff
3. .492 KML
4. .482 KML
5. .476 Kerry
6. .475 Katie Lou
7. .473 Kris Lamb
8. .466 Sue
9. .464 Paige
10. .462 Kia

Others:

I'm taking KML for her volume of shoots at those percentages!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom