the Wussification of CT. High School football | Page 3 | The Boneyard

the Wussification of CT. High School football

Reaction Score
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
Tough Guy

No tougher than anyone else, just a big fan. What happens if the State championship games are colder than tomorrow. Will they set those back to February.

Reaction Score
No tougher than anyone else, just a big fan. What happens if the State championship games are colder than tomorrow. Will they set those back to February.
They have played playoff games in much worse weather. Some games probably should have been cancelled because the conditions were very dangerous. I think some busses got stuck in 2013

Reaction Score
Of course they have. What if just what if Randy Edsall's Huskies next season went 10-0 or 11-0 going into the final home game and the temp was zero and you have tckets I bet everyones arse would be in their seats for that one especially if a big bowl were on the line.

Reaction Score
Of course they have. What if just what if Randy Edsall's Huskies next season went 10-0 or 11-0 going into the final home game and the temp was zero and you have tckets I bet everyones arse would be in their seats for that one especially if a big bowl were on the line.
You have a better shot at winning the Powerball jackpot then them being 10-0 or 11-0

Reaction Score
High School vs College. Different guidelines.

Reaction Score
I did not play HS football; but, I did play HS soccer playoff games in snow and below freezing temps in Connecticut in the '90's. I like the cold (hate the heat) as I run warm to begin and those games where character building and a bit of intimidation as I and several others on my team would play those games in just our regular kit without without long-sleeves and sweats underneath for those games. Subbing-out was the only bad part as one went from warm to freezing in seconds. But, there's character and then there's character and stupidity. Once the temps get to frost-bite (or heat stroke) territory or the field becomes hazardous with too much rain, or the air is harmful from forest fires, etc. safety should be put in front of masculinity.

So, for example, playing the the Ansonia v. Naugy game on Thursday in the Valley with a temp of 25F, winds of 20 MPH and a windchill of 10 F should be bearable for most. But, playing the Monadnock v. Keene game in Swanzey NH with a temp of 15F, winds of 30 MPH and windchill of -10 F where frost bite can take place in less than 30 minutes is getting into the foolish realm.
You lost me at, “I played soccer.” ;)

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I guess I need to hold your hand to show you how stupid you are

Saying that the players here aren't as good as elsewhere because some games got rescheduled is one of the most asinine things I've ever read on this board and I am used to reading Carl spackler nonsense.

Clearly this has absolutely nothing to do with the caliber of football in connecticut. If it did, then Texas and Florida wouldnt be considered the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country because they don't play in anything less than 40 degrees.
You know your take is awesome when you have been spacklered.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Called my folks to talk Turkey Day stuff.

Discussed classic HS FB rivalry games from their home towns in Pennsylvania.

Next thing out of my dad's mouth was "wusses" in CT moving games around because of temps.

Reaction Score
“Let me tell you: Dont ever get rid of Thanksgiving Day football. Every kid should get a chance to play today. Every community should get a chance to come out and support their high school football team.”

— Ansonia football coach Tom Brockett.

Reaction Score
Schools Move Thanksgiving Football Games Due to Cold

Someone commented on another thread that 3-4 star players from CT. could measure up with talented players from elsewhere around the country>
Well THIS latest story has now proved those commenters to be wrong. Across the State, schools are cancelling or rescheduling games because it's going to be too cold. Really? These kids have practiced in 90+ degree weather, rain, wind, etc, but because it's going to be cold, the little "snowflakes" and the administators are making sure the chldren won't be exposed to some wind and cold. No wonder the talent pool, here, is so shallow. No one wants to suck it up and play football. I'm betting that schools in Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, PA. and other rust belt football states, are laughing at the wimps from Connecticut.Schools Move Thanksgiving Football Games Due to Cold

I remember one Thanksgiving when East Hartford Penny game was played in a blizzard and cold. I was only 8...but it was cold...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Listen in 1981 we played with snow and a frozen field in Thanksgiving day game. So I don't want to hear about the cold. Yes it sucked but what football is all about.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
P.S. the season should start a week earlier as well while I am my high horse

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
Funny how "tough" guys appear when their actual names are not associated with their posts. BTW, this applies everywhere on the internet, and is the cause of half this country's discord.

Reaction Score
The OP may have been misguided and directed his anger at the wrong target, but he’s 100% correct.

It was a beautiful day for football today.

Reaction Score
Hell I wish upstate NY had proper thanksgiving games. The state finals begin tomorrow inside in the Dome - thst ansolutley sucks. Thanksgiving football should be a tradition for rivalry games, BUT in NY basketball rules the roost so football needs to be done early.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The OP may have been misguided and directed his anger at the wrong target, but he’s 100% correct.

It was a beautiful day for football today.
That’s the funny thing... this afternoon wasn’t too bad.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Today, I'm thankful that this post has brought so many together and given us a distraction from the bowel movement that we are living through this season. God bless us, every one.

Reaction Score
Who is more likely to be colder at a football game in freezing temps - the players who are running around and tackling all game, or the people (including little kids and elderly) sitting on their butts in the stands for 3 hours?

Decisions to postpone are based on that too - sorry if that's too wussy for the OP. SMH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom