the Wussification of CT. High School football | The Boneyard

the Wussification of CT. High School football

Reaction Score
Schools Move Thanksgiving Football Games Due to Cold

Someone commented on another thread that 3-4 star players from CT. could measure up with talented players from elsewhere around the country>
Well THIS latest story has now proved those commenters to be wrong. Across the State, schools are cancelling or rescheduling games because it's going to be too cold. Really? These kids have practiced in 90+ degree weather, rain, wind, etc, but because it's going to be cold, the little "snowflakes" and the administators are making sure the chldren won't be exposed to some wind and cold. No wonder the talent pool, here, is so shallow. No one wants to suck it up and play football. I'm betting that schools in Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, PA. and other rust belt football states, are laughing at the wimps from Connecticut.Schools Move Thanksgiving Football Games Due to Cold

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow you're really an idiot

Hurr Durr football players in Texas and Florida are better because they play out in the cold. Lmao

Reaction Score

Someone commented on another thread that 3-4 star players from CT. could measure up with talented players from elsewhere around the country>
Well THIS latest story has now proved those commenters to be wrong. Across the State, schools are cancelling or rescheduling games because it's going to be too cold. Really? These kids have practiced in 90+ degree weather, rain, wind, etc, but because it's going to be cold, the little "snowflakes" and the administators are making sure the chldren won't be exposed to some wind and cold. No wonder the talent pool, here, is so shallow. No one wants to suck it up and play football. I'm betting that schools in Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, PA. and other rust belt football states, are laughing at the wimps from Connecticut.Schools Move Thanksgiving Football Games Due to Cold

Who said the games were being rescheduled because of the players?

They're more likely concerned about the fans, parents, students who watch -- without getting to run around, often on metal bleachers -- in bitter cold.

Reaction Score
Across the State, schools are cancelling or rescheduling games because it's going to be too cold. Really? These kids have practiced in 90+ degree weather, rain, wind, etc, but because it's going to be cold, the little "snowflakes" and the administators are making sure the chldren won't be exposed to some wind and cold.

"Temperatures will plunge into the 20s Thursday, with wind chill values that could range from -5 to -15 through the state, and this could become the coldest Thanksgiving on record."

Only 13 games were mentioned in the story as being moved to Wednesday and not a single game is going to be cancelled. It'll still be mid-30s with wind chill around 20 degrees across the state.

Hopefully your Thanksgiving plans weren't ruined, "snowflake".

Reaction Score
I specifically left out the players from Texas and Florida, and used the Rust Belt States. Evidently you missed that. JMick
I guess I need to hold your hand to show you how stupid you are

Saying that the players here aren't as good as elsewhere because some games got rescheduled is one of the most asinine things I've ever read on this board and I am used to reading Carl spackler nonsense.

Clearly this has absolutely nothing to do with the caliber of football in connecticut. If it did, then Texas and Florida wouldnt be considered the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country because they don't play in anything less than 40 degrees.

Reaction Score
It takes a special kind of toxic masculinity to insult teenage kids, well done.
Kids that have nothing to do with when or where the games are played. I don't like that they moved the games but I'm not such a colossal idiot that I think it has any bearing whatsoever on anyone's character or ability.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Interesting you chose to recite the Fox News use of “snowflake” so robotically. Doing so makes your point lost because it is not your thought anymore. It is what “they” want people to feel and believe and the longer they say it the more you stop being you because you get so angry. You lose perspective

Do you ever even considered the other point of view? Does high school sports mean that much in your life that you needed to get all worked up? Is your Thanksgiving ruined?

By the way I do thank you for what you did all those years. Your job is a true hero’s job. Just can’t see why you could care about this.

Reaction Score

You do realize that decision has more to do with the individuals OFF the field then those ON the field, right??? There are costs attached to these games. The schools want to maximize ticket sales. Tickets sales bring in money. Money is good when most schools don’t have huge athletic budgets. Do you see what I’m getting at here? If that means moving the game up a day hoping to attract a bigger crowd, then I don’t see the issue here. It’s good for the schools and great for the teams/kids. These kids work hard all summer for these moments. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
QUOTE="CTFIRERETIRED, post: 2925040, member: 1282"]Football is supposed to be played in ALL kinds of weather. If you can't take the hardships, then play field hockey.[/QUOTE]

Are Florida kids in the same category of wuss when they don't play during hurricanes? After all, that is ALL kinds of weather as well.

Reaction Score
QUOTE="CTFIRERETIRED, post: 2925040, member: 1282"]Football is supposed to be played in ALL kinds of weather. If you can't take the hardships, then play field hockey.

Are Florida kids in the same category of wuss when they don't play during hurricanes? After all, that is ALL kinds of weather as well.[/QUOTE]

Down south, games and practices are often held at night to avoid the worst part of the heat. Basically, this is the same thing. Afterall, what happens to the 16 year old kid who only plays on offense and after a few downs working and sweating hard is then standing on sidelines for the next 5 minutes in wet clothes with windchill below 0 F. There's being tough and then there's being stupid.

Reaction Score
Due to rain, some Texas school systems cancelled or postponed football games earlier this fall. Surely, the wussification of some Lone Star teenage gridders must have been a concern.

When CTE eventually contributes to some school systems discontinuing support for football, the wussification of teenage football players surely will be an unreasonable concern for all involved.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom