The World Cup Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The World Cup Thread

Reaction Score

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No. Little Italy was correct. Messi, Di Maria, Biglia, Mascherano, Tagliafico, Lo Celso, Ansaldi, Fazio, etc.

They're two cannoli shy of a full Italia...
I was thinking purely of all the Germans that live there. I watch a lot of conspiracy shows about Hitler surviving and being in South America. There are a lot of names ending on vowels in your list.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was thinking purely of all the Germans that live there. I watch a lot of conspiracy shows about Hitler surviving and being in South America. There are a lot of names ending on vowels in your list.

Lots of Italians and Germans in both Argentina and Brazil.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Lots of Italians and Germans in both Argentina and Brazil.

One of the weirdest facts I have ever heard is that the greater Sao Paulo metropolitan area has between 5 to 7 million people who claim Italian descent.

To put that in perspective, that's more Italians than Rome (4.6 mil or so)... :eek:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Colombia and Poland go down today? Whoa...that group is going to be fun to see what happens. Russia secured a spot on to the next round as well. Uruguay win tomorrow and that group is done.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Colombia and Poland go down today? Whoa...that group is going to be fun to see what happens. Russia secured a spot on to the next round as well. Uruguay win tomorrow and that group is done.

Egypt and Saudi are pretty bad. Salah is just not ready to carry a team right now, what with his fitness.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm watching now and the three letter abbreviation Fox has for Morocco is MAR. There is no "a" in Morocco. Am I missing something or has Fox shown a typo all game?

Reaction Score
I'm watching now and the three letter abbreviation Fox has for Morocco is MAR. There is no "a" in Morocco. Am I missing something or has Fox shown a typo all game?

I think it's the French spelling (Maroc).

Game: Ronaldo with another goal.

Then you watch him dive in the box. Such a good player who's such a

Reaction Score
French spelling is Maroc. They also show Iceland as ISL (Islande) and Spain as ESP (Espana)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
MAR is the FIFA country code.

Reaction Score
Game: Ronaldo with another goal. Then you watch him dive in the box. Such a good player who's such a
Most countries and anyone would obviously want Ronaldo on their team, but yeah ... Unless you're a Portugal fan, the wankah's late fall in the box today, hands flailing around beckoning for a call for no justifiable reason, etc. makes him challenging to like. But, if he was a U.S. American ...

Reaction Score
Watching since the Russia-Saudi Arabia opening match, deciphering players' names on some of the branded team jerseys has been interesting. Whomever decided to use the outdated computer-ish fonts failed!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thanks all, I just don't give Fox the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
Spain was lucky to survive today. Had they tied, they may not have made it out of the group. Diego Costa needs some help up top. Them and Germany just don't have that final punch up top.

Reaction Score
My childhood neighbors, who moved to the States from Argentina... the Eichman’s.... don’t subscribe to those conspiracy theories. I’m not making that up, btw.

Reaction Score
Argentina: The country which could still potentially advance despite playing like rubbish. Croatia's moved on, but what will Iceland and Nigeria do tomorrow? And, Argentina v Nigeria and Croatia v Iceland in Group D's next set of matches. Croatia's pretty good, but what a shockingly pitiful look today for La Albiceleste!

Reaction Score
I'm lazy, what scenario does Arg need to undeservedly move on?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm lazy, what scenario does Arg need to undeservedly move on?
I'm not gonna look it up either. But I think if tomorrow's game is a draw, they'll go through with a win and another Croatia win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom