The World Cup Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The World Cup Thread

Reaction Score
Wtf is this?!? I appreciate the VW commercials playing on the lack of a US Team and trying to get us to support their country but this is ridiculous. Donovan has been in the middle of this rivalry forever and yet he tweets this??

Hey, VW paid him. He took the money. Good for him.

I would root for Mexico if I was paid to root for Mexico.

Reaction Score
No self respecting US fan would actually support El Tri.

Just mind boggling that FOX and Wells Fargo are playing this angle so hard.

I mean it makes sense that FOX would be mindful of El Tri fans that are watching but the lengths they are going to to get us rooting for a hated a rival is going to cause permanent damage.

Reaction Score
Mexico not looking overmatched at all. I could see them winning this game.

Feels like one of the slower German teams in a while.

(Watch, Muller will score any second)

Reaction Score
Donovan using twitter to explain to Bocanegra on how to be a better person. This friggin guy needs to just go away.

3E8594A5-A5F6-4646-B065-9307A3D967DD.png

Reaction Score
Nice counter attack by El Tri. Germany does look a step slow/lethargic, especially in the back. Mexico could be up 2 or 3 goals at this point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey, VW paid him. He took the money. Good for him.
I would root for Mexico if I was paid to root for Mexico.

Even if it was Wells Fargo paying you? I would imagine they would be scummy enough for you to say no.

Reaction Score
I’m telling you the USSF needs to go after Juan Carlos Osorio hard. He knows the US and the American player. He was my #1 choice before the WC.

If Mexico gets a result here, his stock is going to skyrocket even more.

Reaction Score
Mexico is playing out of their mind, but not capitalizing on some of those (and there have been several) 3 on 2 counter attacks could come back to bite them over the final 4 minutes plus

Reaction Score
Ozeel? Roos? I’m a casual fan, but I don’t think that’s how you pronounce these names.

Reaction Score
Hey, VW paid him. He took the money. Good for him. I would root for Mexico if I was paid to root for Mexico.
For U.S.-born Mexican Americans, supporting Mexico can be rationalized. Non-Mexican Americans, no gracias!

Reaction Score
Mexico is playing out of their mind, but not capitalizing on some of those (and there have been several) 3 on 2 counter attacks could come back to bite them over the final 4 minutes plus
1st half, undoubtedly out of all of Mexico's minds, yes. 2nd half, Mexico hung back, built a wall ;), and Germany clearly pulled forward more enabling Los Mexicanos' counter attack opportunities

Reaction Score
Sane's not so old ... Löw's player selection controversy to build?

I'm not familiar with Germany other than the usual starters, but I was very unimpressed with both Draxler and Werner. Throw in the fact that Ozil and Khedira were invisible today, and you basically have Kroos trying to do everything. Muller couldn't get anything going either.

Reus should be starting.

I don't know the German defensive reserves, but Boateng seems such a liability back there.

Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with Germany other than the usual starters, but I was very unimpressed with both Draxler and Werner. Throw in the fact that Ozil and Khedira were invisible today, and you basically have Kroos trying to do everything. Muller couldn't get anything going either.

Reus should be starting.

I don't know the German defensive reserves, but Boateng seems such a liability back there.

Ozil invisible? You don’t say?

It was a mistake not taking Sane so that Werner would have another fresh player to partner with. Most of their standbys looked so far past their primes.

If you start Reus then he will probably break in half. He is so injury prone!

Reaction Score
Needed Sane today. Germany also doesn't have a target striker like they've had in the past.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Needed Sane today. Germany also doesn't have a target striker like they've had in the past.

I was going to say, Germany's biggest problem is being without their all time great WC striker, Miroslav Klose. Should have pulled him out of retirement for this Cup.

Never seen a more average player become such a beast every four years. You put the guy on the pitch for a few minutes and he scores. Johnny-on-the-spot of the World Cup.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
See, it's not close. In La Liga its close. But does Messi make his international teammates better? Because Renaldo (whom I like no better than you) simply pulls off his jersey and shows you a big S.

CR7 has been a no show plenty of times incl vs. the US. That said he single-handedly earned that point from Spain while Messi dropped 2 for Argentina.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
1. No self respecting US fan or player can root for Mexico in spite of their epic performance today.
2. LD was given the shiv by USSF and has a right to be bitter about it.
3. See #1, not a smart move LD even if you live and play in Mexico now.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Germany looked lethargic, slow and does not have a go-to player in the final 3rd. If they get to the quarters or semis it will have to come from set pieces and impeccable tactics and crisp passing/first touch.

The refereeing has been just fine so far. Let's hope they keep it up.

World powers aren't skating by on reputation alone - should make the group stage go down to the bitter end, and one big name won't get out.

Reaction Score
1. No self respecting US fan or player can root for Mexico in spite of their epic performance today.
2. LD was given the shiv by USSF and has a right to be bitter about it.
3. See #1, not a smart move LD even if you live and play in Mexico now.

Funny but León fired him today.

They gave him a shiv how?

Reaction Score
No self respecting US fan would actually support El Tri.

Just mind boggling that FOX and Wells Fargo are playing this angle so hard.

I mean it makes sense that FOX would be mindful of El Tri fans that are watching but the lengths they are going to to get us rooting for a hated a rival is going to cause permanent damage.
In the Southwest United States there are millions of Mexicans and Wells Fargo is the number 1 bank.
Even none Spanish speaking Mexican Americans support their ancestors country over their own USA team .
It sucks. No US fan should or could support our arch rival.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom