The World Cup Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The World Cup Thread

Reaction Score
In the Southwest United States there are millions of Mexicans and Wells Fargo is the number 1 bank.
Even none Spanish speaking Mexican Americans support their ancestors country over their own USA team .
It sucks. No US fan should or could support our arch rival.

This is what makes zero sense. Those people don’t need to be convinced to watch. And most Americans don’t need a team to root for to watch the World Cup.

Does FOX really think they can get a bunch of non Mexicans to suddenly gather in groups of thousands like they did 4 years ago to support Mexico?!?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is what makes zero sense. Those people don’t need to be convinced to watch. And most Americans don’t need a team to root for to watch the World Cup.

Does FOX really think they can get a bunch of non Mexicans to suddenly gather in groups of thousands like they did 4 years ago to support Mexico?!?
I think Fox realized they shelled out a crap ton of money for the WC and then the US crapped the bed and didn't qualify. All their story lines were gone and so they're hoping they can find some way to get throngs of people out to watch games.

In reality, many in the US will watch anyway. However, the casual fan is not tunes in and sure as heck won't tune in because they're being told to support Mexico.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
1. No self respecting US fan or player can root for Mexico in spite of their epic performance today.
2. LD was given the shiv by USSF and has a right to be bitter about it.
3. See #1, not a smart move LD even if you live and play in Mexico now.

I kinda think LD is just a tone deaf sorta dude. He's always been a march to his own drummer kinda guy, a bit of a space cadet even.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The refereeing has been just fine so far. Let's hope they keep it up.

World powers aren't skating by on reputation alone - should make the group stage go down to the bitter end, and one big name won't get out.

One thing I know for certain. Russia absolutely will not get screwed on a big call. If that referee wants to ever return home.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I kinda think LD is just a tone deaf sorta dude. He's always been a march to his own drummer kinda guy, a bit of a space cadet even.

This is true. He's like ARod in that way. It's the primary reason the best US player ever didn't reach his full potential. He lacked the drive to be the best he could be, was happy just being the best US domestic player.

Reaction Score
One thing I know for certain. Russia absolutely will not get screwed on a big call. If that referee wants to ever return home.

Which would be really unfortunate. I've watched 6-7 games already and the reffing has been the best I've seen in a while.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Which would be really unfortunate. I've watched 6-7 games already and the reffing has been the best I've seen in a while.

Replay has improved things. At a minimum, it can cause the overtly corrupt referees to reconsider.

Reaction Score
These 'park the bus' games are getting really boring. Just wait until the WC goes to 48 teams...

Reaction Score
These 'park the bus' games are getting really boring. Just wait until the WC goes to 48 teams...
waiting, patiently, because this will be the greatest WC ever ;)

is it 2026 yet?

Reaction Score
As if no one planted that seed ... ;)

Given the russkies are playing at home ... and on-field refs and off-field VAR refs likely prefer not to be shipped home from Russia in boxes, russya actually may advance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So just when I thought England looked great, like the talented and young side they are, they did something monumentally stupid and gave Tunisia a penalty goal. They are masters of the self inflicted wound.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I usually cheer on a game by game basis. And sometimes for Arsenal players.
Outside of the US I have no rooting interest. I'll watch games with Liverpool guys (hoping they don't get hurt) and the big match ups.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ouch, poor Tunisia. Minutes away from a great result and then a complete breakdown off a corner. Nobody in Kane's zipcode on that one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tunisia didn’t deserve a result. I feel worse for Egypt.

Reaction Score
kane2.jpg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I’m telling you the USSF needs to go after Juan Carlos Osorio hard. He knows the US and the American player.

Has it been mentioned Juan Carlos Osario is a graduate of SCSU (Southern CT) ?

Reaction Score
As I was watching I thought the left back had to clear the ball to the moon. Instead he got cute with it, gave up the corner and Harry made them pay.

They could have escaped but didn't deserve to

Reaction Score
Has it been mentioned Juan Carlos Osario is a graduate of SCSU (Southern CT) ?

Men In Blazers interviewed him months (year?) ago and it was exceptional.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom