The Walking Dead - Season 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by meyers7, Oct 12, 2016.

1. StoweD210

StoweD210

What I don't think helped that scene was the guy giving the speech. He's one of Ezekiel's top guys and he can take a few punches, but we don't know much beyond that. It made his "It's gonna be your fault" claim sound kind of hollow. I guess that was the point of him breaking down in his secret trailer of supplies: He was upset with himself over whatever he was hoarding and why. Still, Carol and Morgan are only two people and they haven't been in touch with Alexandria since before the encounter with Negan. Why the guilt trip on them?

Regarding Negan's scratch, I thought was going to be the undoing of Spencer. He would point that out, then realize he should have kept his mouth shut. Negan could start with "We're playing a friendly game and you want to jump in with your rules..." then go into his speech that ends with him killing Spencer.

2. meyers7

meyers7 Smarty Pants

Agree there. We don't really know anything (yet anyway) about this guy, other than he is Ezekiel's muscle. Hopefully we'll get a little more on him, or what's up with that trailer of his. ???

3. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

Absolutely my favorite part of the episode. Truly laugh out loud comedic gold. Reminded me of the end of an episode of the A-Team or something. Only thing missing was a 'pointing guy'.

[​IMG]

Probably not what they were going for, but whatever.

Dove likes this.
  4. StoweD210

StoweD210

They easily could have done that. This guy was right there:

[​IMG]

Maybe it will show up in an outtake or blooper reel.

G0UCONN and meyers7 like this.
  5. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

Not to mention that the scene itself was horribly over-acted by that dude.

6. StoweD210

StoweD210

I was thinking about the final scene with Rick's group coming together and nodding in agreement. It occurred to me that they are going to try to solve the same problem (remove/drive out/kill Negan) as before, except the events of the first half of the season put them at an even bigger disadvantage to do this than when they first tried.

The one advantage they have now is that they know more about Negan and the size and capabilities of the Saviors. On the negative side, Rick's group is smaller, they've lost all their guns and they haven't made any new allies. Nobody seems concerned that they've tried this before, when they were in a better position to succeed, and failed. They are going to join forces with the Kingdom and maybe even the fisherwomen in the future, but Rick doesn't even know about those groups yet.

7. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

I think they know this is a long range plan. Since they have handicapped themselves, they can't solve it now. What I got from that scene was that everyone is now on board. We can pretend to go along, but we can't believe that we can just go along with Negan. So they will stash weapons they find. They will seek allies. They will do reconnaissance. Darryl will obviously need to be hidden somewhere. There will be protocols in place to hide the baby when the Saviors come.

Chuck, StoweD210 and meyers7 like this.
  8. Dogdeacon

Dogdeacon

That's all stuff they should do, but this show is notoriously bad at any long-game moves so it will be very interesting to see if they can manage 1hr episode stories while showing a big picture effort.
    At this point they need to hide Maggie and Darryl (hiding/not showing a baby is just good apocalypse & TV protocol) lots of complications of how to do that without necessitating Negan just slaughtering everyone - I suspect only will continue to be its a TV show about Rick & Carl.