The Walking Dead - Season 7 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead - Season 7

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I guess it's about time to bring back the #1 watched cable show. Yea they left us hanging at the end of Season 6, much to our dismay. Soooo, hopefully they will make it up to us. (my bet is on Abraham)

Looks like we get Negan, Rick and Alexandria, Jesus and Hilltop and at some point Ezekiel.

There is a 2 hour The Journey So Far this Sunday (10/16) night at 9:00. Behind the scenes, interviews, etc. Also starting Sunday and going through the following weekend, people can binge on Season 1-6 leading into the Season 7 premier on 10/23.

Here's the trailer from Comic-con

Reaction Score
My guess is 1:55 minutes of not knowing who Negan killed, and then we find out in the last 5 minutes of the episode

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My guess is 1:55 minutes of not knowing who Negan killed, and then we find out in the last 5 minutes of the episode
Well your guess is gonna be wrong. The season 7 premier episode is only 1:06 long. ;)

Prolly get 1:01 of not knowing and then after the 20th commercial break, who Negan killed. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This has become a soap opera for guys.

Can't destroy the Glen Maggie relationship.

I think Darryl bites it, he killed all those guys with an RPG.

Should be an interesting season, but honestly, I think it's getting tired, IMO, time to jump the shark

Reaction Score
This has become a soap opera for guys.

Can't destroy the Glen Maggie relationship.

I think Darryl bites it, he killed all those guys with an RPG.

Should be an interesting season, but honestly, I think it's getting tired, IMO, time to jump the shark
If Darryl goes so do a lot of viewers. I think he is as, or more untouchable as Rick. I think it's Glen's time (again). Part of me hopes it's Abraham or Sasha, but that would be a bit of a cop out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The show has wandered a little too far into Mad Max territory for me. I'll give this season a try, but I'd be willing to dump it if it doesn't improve.

It's unfortunate really, that the ordinary, simple and fairly realistic struggles of people in such a situation weren't enough to sustain it. Negan and his following are highly unrealistic in a show that already asks a lot on that score.

Reaction Score
The show has wandered a little too far into Mad Max territory for me. I'll give this season a try, but I'd be willing to dump it if it doesn't improve.

It's unfortunate really, that the ordinary, simple and fairly realistic struggles of people in such a situation weren't enough to sustain it. Negan and his following are highly unrealistic in a show that already asks a lot on that score.

All true

Still love it

Reaction Score

why mad max?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
why mad max?

I was reminded of these groups of violent lunatics, who's primary activity seems to be attacking and raiding others rather than trying to build anything themselves. Those people exist in the real world, on the margins, but can only ever be a small minority, as there otherwise wouldn't be enough productive people to sustain them.

In a post apocalyptic wasteland of any kind, those who are violent and heavily armed would have an initial advantage. This far in to it, they'd be extinct. There is no way that they feed and arm a group that large solely on extortion. Mad Max was similar.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'll admit Andrew Lincoln earned his $90,000 on that episode. That was amazing.

Sheeeyit, man!

After last season's finale I thought it was Glenn who was Neegan's personal carnival sledge hammer game. But seeing it was the big, strong Abraham was not a shock. But then the second head knock?!? Brought TV special effects to its knees. I...have...a...headache. I will see Glenn in my sleep tonight. And that scares me.

God...that Glenn death actually had me pulling what's left of my hair. That was fvccked up.

The season has slammed it's foot on the gas and here we go...

EDIT: Now I read this thread and saw there is a trailer. Not watching it...

Reaction Score

Again, kinda tough for that to fall on the people writing the show since they have source material that they're following.

Reaction Score
I was reminded of these groups of violent lunatics, who's primary activity seems to be attacking and raiding others rather than trying to build anything themselves. Those people exist in the real world, on the margins, but can only ever be a small minority, as there otherwise wouldn't be enough productive people to sustain them.

In a post apocalyptic wasteland of any kind, those who are violent and heavily armed would have an initial advantage. This far in to it, they'd be extinct. There is no way that they feed and arm a group that large solely on extortion. Mad Max was similar.
I didn't read the comics, so people here know more about the future. I don't see the Negan / Mad Max analogy at this point. I don't know that he doesn't produce anything. His organization and commerce, alone, maybe enough for a while. I've seen the rebirth of society in Walking Dead as an accelerated history of man. After the initial chaos, people were in small family units. Then they expanded those family units into larger gangs (but still not particularly organized, and still wanderers). Then they went somewhat feudal by building fortresses and having hierarchies. Is Negan's crew the building of Empires? Is Negan Rome? Or maybe we're still in Greece. Pretty effective regimes until they weren't.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Again, kinda tough for that to fall on the people writing the show since they have source material that they're following.

Don't really care why...it's simply how I see it.

On to episode 1. Grisly. Nasty. What will our heroes do now? Maggie will get to Hilltop and have her baby. Rick will tell the story to the folks at Alexandria, who will piss their pants because they were already a bunch of wimps.

Team Rick: Really needs a nice, well scoped hunting rifle and a capable shooter. It's certainly worth sacrificing Daryl to take Negan out, and it wouldn't be difficult.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I didn't read the comics, so people here know more about the future. I don't see the Negan / Mad Max analogy at this point. I don't know that he doesn't produce anything. His organization and commerce, alone, maybe enough for a while. I've seen the rebirth of society in Walking Dead as an accelerated history of man. After the initial chaos, people were in small family units. Then they expanded those family units into larger gangs (but still not particularly organized, and still wanderers). Then they went somewhat feudal by building fortresses and having hierarchies. Is Negan's crew the building of Empires? Is Negan Rome? Or maybe we're still in Greece. Pretty effective regimes until they weren't.

Closest real analogy for Negan might be the Vikings. But really after their pillaging they settled and began producing themselves. They were also great traders. Maybe the Mongols under Genghis Khan, but they massacred to claim territory.
In a recent literary sense, I see some parallels with the government in the Hunger Games, which essentially did nothing, but used its military might to take the production of outlying territories.

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the Talking Dead right after the season premier? First, it was fun watching all of the LA actors squim in the rain. Second, the actor who played Glen, Steven Yeun, barely said a work the entire 60 minutes. Almost looked drunk. Michael Cudlitz, who played Abrmaham, on the other hand was very engaging.

Overall, the double tap was somewhat of a surprise. I thought Darrell was going to be the Lucille's second victim, though.

Reaction Score
Very good re-start. Definitely 90% there on Negan, IF he'd taken Carl's arm I'd be 100%. Logistics of having to film a TV show with half-an-arm pretense came quickly to light when Negan showed mercy on Rick & Carl.
Final word on last season's debacle is they 100% could have shown him clobbering Abraham @ end of last season (as I recall saving the dramatic impact of the death was their #1 rationale for cliff-hanger) and still had just as impactful of a season premier via adding Glenn's demise - especially with the graphic portrayal of that.

I don't think I understand or that we are supposed to understand exactly what 'the group's' new role and duties are to Negan, but better that they show not tell.

Overall 100% satisfied with season debut.

Reaction Score
Final word on last season's debacle is they 100% could have shown him clobbering Abraham @ end of last season (as I recall saving the dramatic impact of the death was their #1 rationale for cliff-hanger) and still had just as impactful of a season premier via adding Glenn's demise - especially with the graphic portrayal of that.Overall 100% satisfied with season debut.

Totally agree. They basically outwitted themselves on that one.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very good start to Season 7. Considering what they did at the end of Season 6, I thought they recovered pretty well. Getting Rick from defiant to submissive was done very well.

With Carol and Morgan meeting the Kingdom, we'll have 4 major groups in play (Alexandia, Hilltop, The Saviors and The Kingdom). Should be able to get very interesting with combining 1 or 2 against another.

Reaction Score
Very good start to Season 7. Considering what they did at the end of Season 6, I thought they recovered pretty well. Getting Rick from defiant to submissive was done very well.

With Carol and Morgan meeting the Kingdom, we'll have 4 major groups in play (Alexandia, Hilltop, The Saviors and The Kingdom). Should be able to get very interesting with combining 1 or 2 against another.
Uh oh, isn't the Kingdom the deal with CGI Tiger pet? I liked the opener, Negan wouldn't bother to wipe 'The Governor' off his shoe and generally think a new theme of fledgling societies co-existence is long overdue (replacing 'you don't understand what it takes to surviiiiiiive out here') but I'm worried about ridiculousness of the tiger and over-indulgence in guilt from Daryll, Maggie and The Abraham love triangle. I'm gonna start Westworld as a hedge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom