The Walking Dead - Season 7 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead - Season 7

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Uh oh, isn't the Kingdom the deal with CGI Tiger pet? I liked the opener, Negan wouldn't bother to wipe 'The Governor' off his shoe and generally think a new theme of fledgling societies co-existence is long overdue (replacing 'you don't understand what it takes to surviiiiiiive out here') but I'm worried about ridiculousness of the tiger and over-indulgence in guilt from Daryll, Maggie and The Abraham love triangle. I'm gonna start Westworld as a hedge.
Yes Ezekiel has the pet tiger. Yea, we'll have to see how that works. I don't know it's significance in the comics, so???

Well Daryll I'm sure is gonna have to deal with guilt about Glenn's death for probably quite some time.

I think this will probably give Maggie some resolve and she may take over leadership at Hilltop.

The Abraham love triangle is done now. Sasha might have some trouble, she's lost Tyreese, Bob and now Abraham, pretty much in succession. I think it may help Rosita move on. She'd lost him to Sasha, but not he's completely gone.

I agree, it's time to see some society building.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The peculiar genius of The Walking Dead over the past season-plus....

Just pulling you back after they'd everything possible to turn you off of the show for good.

Reaction Score
Last night's Carol - Morgan episode was great. Carol's skepticism matched the viewers and Ezekiel's answers 100% worked. I honestly can't remember a character on the show with introspection and the show and him both embraced having fun with tigers and non-violence make-believe. And obligatory fun with zombie gore to boot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Last night's Carol - Morgan episode was great. Carol's skepticism matched the viewers and Ezekiel's answers 100% worked. I honestly can't remember a character on the show with introspection and the show and him both embraced having fun with tigers and non-violence make-believe. And obligatory fun with zombie gore to boot.

Agree. My initial reaction matched Carol's, and yet Ezekial won me over. It was a nice break from last week, focusing on characters has always been the strength of the show.

Now the obvious path is an alliance between Alexandria and the Kingdom and war with Negan's Saviors. Both sides could start by poisoning their food delivery at the same time, and then launching an offensive using ambush tactics. That would be my strategy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree. My initial reaction matched Carol's, and yet Ezekial won me over. It was a nice break from last week, focusing on characters has always been the strength of the show.

Now the obvious path is an alliance between Alexandria and the Kingdom and war with Negan's Saviors. Both sides could start by poisoning their food delivery at the same time, and then launching an offensive using ambush tactics. That would be my strategy.
Don't forget, they might be able to get Hilltop in on this too. "The Sheriff, King Ezekiel and Jesus. It would seem the Saviors would have a tough time keeping track of all three groups.

I thought it was kind of neat how they dropped the viewers into The Kingdom, just like Carol. So we were experiencing/learning about it like she was.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Don't forget, they might be able to get Hilltop in on this too. "The Sheriff, King Ezekiel and Jesus. It would seem the Saviors would have a tough time keeping track of all three groups.

I thought it was kind of neat how they dropped the viewers into The Kingdom, just like Carol. So we were experiencing/learning about it like she was.
I did not read the comics so...

Hilltop seemed to be a commune of wimps. And what...maybe 25 total people? All Hilltop has is a defensible hilltop location.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Hilltop seemed to be a commune of wimps. And what...maybe 25 total people? All Hilltop has is a defensible hilltop location.

We could really use a map. I don't know what kind of compound the Saviors have. I imagine Hilltop, Alexandria and the Kingdom in a rough triangle, with the Saviors in the middle. That allows them to intercept and control trade, but is tactically a nightmare if they are forced to fight a war on three fronts.

Reaction Score

Agreed with the OP and your reply. They avoided taking the story down a campy path, and created a compelling and believable character in the process. It took really good writing not to screw that storyline up.

While Negan and Ezekiel are clearly the two ends of the effective leadership spectrum, their emergence at roughly the same time in the storyline brilliantly underscore the limitations of all of the past tribal leaders ( Rick included ).

Reaction Score
I felt last nights episode was kinda a snoozefest, I really have become less interested in Morgan's story or him teaching a kid how to fight. And carol just being carol.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I haven't read them either. But Hilltop is being exploited by Negan also. And they already combined with Alexandria (at least Jesus did) to kill a bunch of Saviors. They gotta have a few people who can join in. And yea they have a decent defensible position. I guess Jesus was a fairly big character in the the comics. So we'll see if he is one in the show also.

2 1/2 against 1 is better than 2 v 1.

Reaction Score
We could really use a map. I don't know what kind of compound the Saviors have. I imagine Hilltop, Alexandria and the Kingdom in a rough triangle, with the Saviors in the middle. That allows them to intercept and control trade, but is tactically a nightmare if they are forced to fight a war on three fronts.
Eh, I thought about the logistics of all the vehicles driving around but that immediately takes you down the gasoline rabbit hole and that's just way beyond what WD is about and capable of. It is neither an apocalypse survivalist tale nor a treatise on the art of warfare. Plus Rick & Co have to win so there's that. I'm entertained that they are having some fun with it and allowed us and Carol to chuckle at the absurdity of it all. At this point, I am 100% fine if the next group we meet is the baseball furies.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm not worrying about the gasoline, but I'm calling bull s--- the first time I see someone driving a Tesla.

Actually, with a windmill or solar, you could make a Tesla work post apocalypse. Gas engines with no refineries online? No chance. Even diesel would have degraded by now. But it's a fun show anyway.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would actually buy in more if they were driving diesels around - diesel is just #2 home heating oil, so nearly every home, apartment house or marina is a potential fill-up.

In fact, that's a pretty good tip if the zombie apocalypse ever arrives - on day one, steal a diesel Jetta.

After 20 years, a useful tip finally emerges from the Boneyard.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I would actually buy in more if they were driving diesels around - diesel is just #2 home heating oil, so nearly every home, apartment house or marina is a potential fill-up.

In fact, that's a pretty good tip if the zombie apocalypse ever arrives - on day one, steal a diesel Jetta.

After 20 years, a useful tip finally emerges from the Boneyard.

My plan is to hit the Ford and GMC dealers in town and steal diesel trucks. I don't want to try to run over a hoard of zombies in a Jetta.

Reaction Score
What was the photo that Dwight gave Daryl in the cell at the end?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Decent episode, but not great. Shows the inner workings of the Saviors. It's essentially a street gang it seems. The good news is, it's perfectly clear that one bullet to Negan's head will unravel the whole bunch. He doesn't have a chain of command.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We're thinking it was mashed Glenn.
Yea, it was of Glenn. That's when Dwight was saying Daryl got his friend killed, like Dwight got his friend killed. Daryl's got a lot of guilt over that I think. Might take awhile to get over that. For that matter, I think Daryl still has some guilt over getting his friend killed. He's definitely not over Negen having his wife. I'm thinking eventually Dwight cracks. I wonder if Daryl will realize that and start working on Dwight??

Reaction Score
Decent episode, but not great. Shows the inner workings of the Saviors. It's essentially a street gang it seems. The good news is, it's perfectly clear that one bullet to Negan's head will unravel the whole bunch. He doesn't have a chain of command.

Yea, it was of Glenn. That's when Dwight was saying Daryl got his friend killed, like Dwight got his friend killed. Daryl's got a lot of guilt over that I think. Might take awhile to get over that. For that matter, I think Daryl still has some guilt over getting his friend killed. He's definitely not over Negen having his wife. I'm thinking eventually Dwight cracks. I wonder if Daryl will realize that and start working on Dwight??

I was disappointed with the Saviors. Unless there is a lot more to come, they are just a big organized crime gang. Negan seems to take pride in destroying a person so much that they fall in line, and then putting them in a position of trust. At some point, Dwight (or one of the other "Dwights" (including Daryl) or point earners) would shoot Negan in the back of the head. Negan just seems like the Governor without the sane facade. To me, the Saviors could've been a much more interesting group where Negan treats his people like gold, so they tolerate his savagery towards outsiders. So far, the Governor is more interesting to me than Negan. Hopefully there is more to the Saviors. Otherwise, I hope they are just used as a tool that forces interesting storylines within the other outposts (Hilltop, Kingdom, Alexandria, etc.).

Reaction Score
I enjoyed last nights episode a lot, i thought it was more entertaining than the week before that had Morgan teaching a kid how to use a stick

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I think Daryl is already working on Dwight. Daryl gets this stuff. His brother was a mini Negan, ruling people by fear.

Reaction Score
At some point they gotta get Daryl a shower or at least hose him off, no?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At some point they gotta get Daryl a shower or at least hose him off, no?
IDK, took them quite a few episodes in Alexandria before he showered. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom