The Walking Dead, Season 7 Part Deux | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead, Season 7 Part Deux

Reaction Score
My assumption is that might be true. It would seem that for some groups, Negan lets his henchmen do the dirty work. e.g. Simon takes care of Hilltop and Gavin takes care of The Kingdom. However for a group like Alexandria which has killed numerous Saviors, including wiping out an outpost, Negan feels he needs to be in charge here, and there needs to be a lot more show of power to control them.
Great example of behind the scenes strategery we don't see, or like all the characters, they parse out actor episodes to save money.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The penny-pinching really does hurt the series.

Fairly clear that the writers have to ad lib to create the two-half format AMC wants to milk two premieres and two finales. And then the side stories that have to be created to allow AMC to save some cash by limiting the appearances by essential characters.

How much better would these past few years have been if it were in the hands of HBO?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Fairly clear that the writers have to ad lib to create the two-half format AMC wants to milk two premieres and two finales. And then the side stories that have to be created to allow AMC to save some cash by limiting the appearances by essential characters.

How much better would these past few years have been if it were in the hands of HBO?

Better, like the early episodes were. But some of the side story episodes have been quite good.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

This drives me nuts. Every episode only focuses on one group. Just pop into a group for like 5 minutes for a little update if you want to keep it brief. GoT does that very well.

Reaction Score
This drives me nuts. Every episode only focuses on one group. Just pop into a group for like 5 minutes for a little update if you want to keep it brief. GoT does that very well.
The series has been given the cash cow treatment from day 1. Business wise it makes total sense as its literally a brain dead enterprise that can draw big #s so easily with gore. I don't think it has 'potential', it is what it is, I enjoy the action and the silliness of some of it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great example of behind the scenes strategery we don't see, or like all the characters, they parse out actor episodes to save money.
I do think they do that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Back to old tricks.

The Selma and Louise mission to kill Negan was just a waste of time. You know that is not how that ends.They haven't known what the heck to do with those two characters but they can't bring themselves to just get rid of them either.

And now we know that we can expect an episode with Maggie having some sort of baby emergency without a doctor.

Most of the actors in this series need a part-time job.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I realize this is picking nits, but for the love of god, if you are going to have a scene practicing knife throwing....is it that hard to have Enid put her opposite foot forward? There's throwing like a girl, and then there's throwing like a girl.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I realize this is picking nits, but for the love of god, if you are going to have a scene practicing knife throwing....is it that hard to have Enid put her opposite foot forward? There's throwing like a girl, and then there's throwing like a girl.
Well she is a girl, so.... :rolleyes:

They did their own "stunt work" for that. So they practiced until they could actually make those throws and stick the knife. (not sure how long it took :D)

Reaction Score
Back to old tricks.

The Selma and Louise mission to kill Negan was just a waste of time. You know that is not how that ends.They haven't known what the heck to do with those two characters but they can't bring themselves to just get rid of them either.

And now we know that we can expect an episode with Maggie having some sort of baby emergency without a doctor.

Most of the actors in this series need a part-time job.
Agreed. What did we get out of the episode:
i) Rosita is still hot, but a terrible character;
ii) They are both pissed off about Abraham dying on his knees and can't seem to buy-in that they have a better shot at winning/killing Negan if they let Rick's new alliance build and attack the Saviors as part of a group effort. They selfishly don't seem to realize or care that if they fail to take out Negan (or even if they do), they will bring torture and death on their friends.
iii) Sasha seems to think she is taking one for the team (not just trying to be the one that gets to kill Negan), but why would she think Rosita will not just make the same mistake after she does.
iv) Eugene looks as if he's all-in on the Saviors. I'm sure there will be an eventual change, but Rosita should have killed him. If there is any chance that Eugene is "Negan" then he is going to say that Sasha and Rosita were both there. The Saviors will then go and wipe out Alexandria that same day.

I still watch and enjoy the show, but more as a diversion. I no longer look forward to the show all weekend. I do think part of that is the complexity of a new world rather than just surviving from zombies.

Reaction Score
My take-aways simpler:
1. Letsgo is right, nothing major happens except in finales b/c $/limited actors in episodes, all come together twice tops per mini-season
2. Maggie is going to have baby complications b/c no doctor & some other Hilltop redshirts get sick
3. Eugene is going to flip at key dramatic moment, become geek legend
4. Gregory still cowardly drunk will get just deserves death next episode
5. Jesus is gay!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agreed. What did we get out of the episode:
i) Rosita is still hot, but a terrible character;
Eh, she's so-so on the hotness scale. (although in the Apocalypse, I guess that could be a sliding scale). She's a little boring as a character, but she does have a lot of useful skills.

Agreed.
ii) They are both pissed off about Abraham dying on his knees and can't seem to buy-in that they have a better shot at winning/killing Negan if they let Rick's new alliance build and attack the Saviors as part of a group effort. They selfishly don't seem to realize or care that if they fail to take out Negan (or even if they do), they will bring torture and death on their friends.
I agree but many on here disagree. Just taking out Negan may not help any. There are a few people (Simon, Gavin in particular) who I think would love to step in and keep the status quo. And they would definitely have to show off some power (e.g. take out Alexandria) to keep everyone in line.

iv) Eugene looks as if he's all-in on the Saviors. I'm sure there will be an eventual change, but Rosita should have killed him. If there is any chance that Eugene is "Negan" then he is going to say that Sasha and Rosita were both there. The Saviors will then go and wipe out Alexandria that same day.
I don't think Eugene is all "Negan". I think he's more "this is nice, they think I'm smart and important/respected here. Life is easy for me here. I don't want this to change." But I don't think he'd go out of his way to hurt his old friends.

Reaction Score
My take-aways simpler:
2. Maggie is going to have baby complications b/c no doctor & some other Hilltop redshirts get sick

That particular plot development was a big part of last season's finale. Would they play that card again so soon? I guess anything is possible.

3. Eugene is going to flip at key dramatic moment, become geek legend

Agreed. No amount of pickles and classic Atari games could turn Eugene permanently. Like the first time he was grabbed by the Saviors, he's going to figuratively bite Negan in the crotch at a critical moment.

I'm trying to project out the developments for the last 2 episodes this season. From the previews, it looks like Tara takes the Rick & Co back to Oceanside to try and get their assistance in the battle against the Saviors. Assuming they get their buy-in, that leaves the season finale for Rick's coalition to make their plans and attack the Saviors. I don't believe the war will end this season even in a 90 minute episode, so we'll get some type of cliffhanger during the fighting and they'll continue the battle next season.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Somehow Lucille ends up in Eugene's hands. And after 30 seconds of agonizing struggle underneath his mullet he is the one who knocks Negan's head into orbit while Rick screams him back to reality.

Yes, it should be Rick, but it will be Eugene with the kill.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Somehow Lucille ends up in Eugene's hands. And after 30 seconds of agonizing struggle underneath his mullet he is the one who knocks Negan's head into orbit while Rick screams him back to reality.

Yes, it should be Rick, but it will be Eugene with the kill.

Agreed on the last sentence. But with Lucille? No. Dollars to donuts says Eugene couldn't swing a bat hard enough to break a pinata. He's more liable to kill Negan with a Rube Goldberg machine.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to project out the developments for the last 2 episodes this season. From the previews, it looks like Tara takes the Rick & Co back to Oceanside to try and get their assistance in the battle against the Saviors. Assuming they get their buy-in, that leaves the season finale for Rick's coalition to make their plans and attack the Saviors. I don't believe the war will end this season even in a 90 minute episode, so we'll get some type of cliffhanger during the fighting and they'll continue the battle next season.
They are doing an entire season of 'war' next year, 2 if you count mini-seasons. Likely during or after its buh-bye from Rick, Michonne, Carol & Daryl & +most of us. Its sacrilege but I could be interested if they repeat their idiotic Governor re-birth & had Negan escape and start from scratch. I've no desire to see his origin story (so count on 1-2 episodes of that) but I think he could pull off a rebuild try again as a more balanced leader.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They are doing an entire season of 'war' next year, 2 if you count mini-seasons. Likely during or after its buh-bye from Rick, Michonne, Carol & Daryl & +most of us. Its sacrilege but I could be interested if they repeat their idiotic Governor re-birth & had Negan escape and start from scratch. I've no desire to see his origin story (so count on 1-2 episodes of that) but I think he could pull off a rebuild try again as a more balanced leader.
man-finger-covering-mouth.jpg

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I'm not following any of this. What are you talking about?

Reaction Score
I'm not following any of this. What are you talking about?
Sorry typed quick stream of consciousness.
WDead comic books have massive # issues about the war with Negan, so I'd expect that to go on over many episodes and in media I've heard Jeffrey Dean Morgan is under contract next season.

Likewise various TV articles/stories have mentioned WDead cast members don't want to do it forever. Given limiting appearances/payments that could make them quit sooner (to be fair it could also allow them to keep doing WDead and other projects since their WD commitment is flexible/shorter).

Negan/Governor thing was just stream of consciousness digression, aka nonsense basically ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry typed quick stream of consciousness.
WDead comic books have massive # issues about the war with Negan, so I'd expect that to go on over many episodes and in media I've heard Jeffrey Dean Morgan is under contract next season.
Yea, the people who think Negan is going to be killed in the final this year are most likely going to very disappointment. I really don't even see the "War" starting until next season. (maybe some skirmishes this year??)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

She's a little hot, but not my type. Sasha is kinda hot too. Both with nice bodies. Jessie was still my favorite, then Maggie.

I didn't see last night's episode yet. I concur that Negan isn't dying until the end of next season. Last episode was mostly dull.

Eugene likes his comfort. He doesn't want to give it up. I doubt he's all in, he's just a coward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom