The Walking Dead, Season 7 Part Deux | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead, Season 7 Part Deux

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm going to throw this out because it occurred to me when Rick and Michonne found that cache of food and then all the weapons. They have cars. Hell, there was a Humvee at the fair or whatever. Pack up the people you care about, including Jesus and anyone from Hilltop and The Kingdom who has proven useful and move on. Get out of range of the Saviors.

And in one paragraph, HuskyHawk ends The Walking Dead.

In the series finale, they settle down in Paramus, New Jersey and live happily ever after.

Reaction Score
And in one paragraph, HuskyHawk ends The Walking Dead.

In the series finale, they settle down in Paramus, New Jersey and live happily ever after.
Oh c'mon - its the premise's central tenant and paradox, if zombies can exist they are like the mailman on their appointed rounds.

In the context of Eugene's smelting zombie exercise the following occurred to me for a split second: If the zombies on sticks outside Negan HQ are constantly decomposing shouldn't we be all done with zombies in general? Of course instead 20,000 new dead people vacation in VA & GA every month.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In reading this thread, it occurred to me that all anyone seems to want to do is survive. If I had all that time on my hands, I'd scavenge, and see the sights in the process. Grand Canyon, Amazon,....Machu Pichu by yourself - how ridiculous would that be. Right now it's a conveyor belt of tourists hiking up and down the mountain everyday. Might as well be a starbucks up there. I'm sure any zombies would have fallen off the mountain, so you could experience a couple thousand year old spectacle by yourself. Would be awesome.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll take you one further, pack up and head north. Find a nice spot where the winters don't offer too much snow but the temps get to freezing for days on end, then take a sledgehammer to some zombie popsicles. At the very least, while they'll have to worry about firewood and staying warm, they won't have to worry about walkers for a couple months out of the year.

That's what I was thinking. Yes it ends the show...but Rick is saying, we need to fight and we're all gonna die. So...really?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
In last nights episodes they had a drop for 12 god damn cantaloupes. Are they serious? They wasted their gas and time for 12 cantaloupes? Then they came back again for 1 more the next day.

Maybe space out the drops so the delivery is more than 12 cantaloupes.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In last nights episodes they had a drop for 12 god damn cantaloupes. Are they serious? They wasted their gas and time for 12 cantaloupes? Then they came back again for 1 more the next day.

That bothered me as well. Then they shoot the kid over the missing one, and the guy acts remorseful when he finds out the kid died.

Reaction Score
That bothered me as well. Then they shoot the kid over the missing one, and the guy acts remorseful when he finds out the kid died.
I'm certain the talk show & apologists will tell you the point was that the saviors are trivial, its about power and the point is that they kill or do whatever they want over even the smallest slight. But yes the waste of everyone's time, resources, effort & risk would seem to undermine that point a little bit.

Comes back to point above that show is too dumb to handle specifics & numbers. I get a lot more at weekly summer farm share for 1 family! The geniuses could've added bags of lettuce, onions, corn etc and kept intact the 11/12 melon story.
Speaking of which, anyone know where cantaloupes go in the summer?

Reaction Score

Maybe Negan really, really, really, really likes cantaloupes. A lot.

Like you said, though, it would have made more sense if it there were a variety of items in the tribute, but the sticking point was that it was short one cantaloupe. In addition to the time and gas, it didn't make much sense for both sides to send full crews for such a small exchange. Even if everything went smoothly, the Kingdom had 7 people, including their leader, out on a mission to deliver 12 pieces of fruit.

I think this point can be explained by the shock of the events and only a day passing between the meetings, but shouldn't someone from the Kingdom group been curious about how they ended up with only 11 cantaloupes? They had 12 when they left, so one must have disappeared on the trip. Either a stranger snuck up and took just one during the shopping cart delay, or someone in their group took one. I can accept, though, that these people have been through a lot, live in a crazy time and just lost a friend, so giving the situation the CSI treatment may not have been their immediate priority.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think this point can be explained by the shock of the events and only a day passing between the meetings, but shouldn't someone from the Kingdom group been curious about how they ended up with only 11 cantaloupes? They had 12 when they left, so one must have disappeared on the trip. Either a stranger snuck up and took just one during the shopping cart delay, or someone in their group took one. I can accept, though, that these people have been through a lot, live in a crazy time and just lost a friend, so giving the situation the CSI treatment may not have been their immediate priority.
Did you miss the last 20 minutes (or so) of the show???

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good episode. But ones with Morgan usually are. Lennie James is probably one of the best actors on the show. Also Gimple wrote this one and those are usually some of the better ones.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nope.

I'd write more, but the subject is a missing cantaloupe so it's really not worth breaking down into more detail. :)
So how did you miss Morgan tracking down what happened to the cantaloupe?

Reaction Score
So how did you miss Morgan tracking down what happened to the cantaloupe?
A viewer may truly not understand why people don't make constant rationalizations & assumptions when there is an inexplicable action. Illogical plot developments are oft supported by some off-screen assumption that a viewer conjures & believes as gospel. These assumptions are supported because sometimes motivations are explained to a viewer on talk-shows or by fan videos. And what is truly amazing is that in a minute a viewer may accuse StoweD (great dorm!) of not being perceptive enough to form rationalizations to chase away the inexplicable .

Reaction Score
A viewer may truly not understand why people don't make constant rationalizations & assumptions when there is an inexplicable action. Illogical plot developments are oft supported by some off-screen assumption that a viewer conjures & believes as gospel. These assumptions are supported because sometimes motivations are explained to a viewer on talk-shows or by fan videos. And what is truly amazing is that in a minute a viewer may accuse StoweD (great dorm!) of not being perceptive enough to form rationalizations to chase away the inexplicable .

The crazy thing is, I had no problem with those rationalizations in this case. I said I was fine with the way thing played out.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If you need a talk show to explain motivations so the viewer can understand and rationalize plot holes or explicable actions, then you suck as a story teller.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why send a truck to transport 12 melons?

You need to frame your product better. Send a smaller car to make the melons seem larger and more impressive. Send a Prius.

I thought it was a good episode. The Walking Dead always seems to be more focused in the second half of the season - feels like we're finally getting somewhere.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

You need to frame your product better. Send a smaller car to make the melons seem larger and more impressive. Send a Prius.

Conversely, they could of made them giant duck_king melons. 40 pounders. That would justify the trip from The Sanctuary and the absolute seriousness of the situation. Nobody else could grow those kind of melons.

Reaction Score
I still don't understand the relationship between the Kingdom and Saviors. How did they come to this understanding without any violence? The Saviors captain and the relationship in general seem to be completely anti-Negan. The only thing I can think of is that Negan is actually a bit afraid of the size and resources of the Kingdom, but then why is Ezekiel so quick to comply? The reaction to the killing of Benjamin seems to imply that the Saviors didn't go with a symbolic killing to introduce themselves.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Except there was action. Morgan did go and try to figure out what happened. It's not like I'm bringing some insight here or information gleaned from some talk show, it was right there in the episode.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ya got me. I didn't watch the last 20 minutes yet. Thanks for ruining it, though. ;)
Well that would explain it anyway. And I'm deeply, deeply sorry. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Don't know if Toyota is a sponsor??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I still don't understand the relationship between the Kingdom and Saviors. How did they come to this understanding without any violence? The Saviors captain and the relationship in general seem to be completely anti-Negan. The only thing I can think of is that Negan is actually a bit afraid of the size and resources of the Kingdom, but then why is Ezekiel so quick to comply? The reaction to the killing of Benjamin seems to imply that the Saviors didn't go with a symbolic killing to introduce themselves.
My assumption is that might be true. It would seem that for some groups, Negan lets his henchmen do the dirty work. e.g. Simon takes care of Hilltop and Gavin takes care of The Kingdom. However for a group like Alexandria which has killed numerous Saviors, including wiping out an outpost, Negan feels he needs to be in charge here, and there needs to be a lot more show of power to control them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I liked the episode. But honestly, never give them your guns. These people are idiots. Put two snipers far away with good scoped rifles, and don't bring guns to the delivery. And you don't bring kids like Benjamin either.

I like the idea of Morgan and Carol switching, Carol coming in now that it is fighting time. She's the swamp fox. If Rick is stupid enough to simply go head to head, someone needs to convince him otherwise. The Saviors are very vulnerable to ambush tactics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom