The View From Section 241 -- Realignment | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- Realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
also - what I like most about what's come out of UConn - and president Herbst - is that she really wants all of this to settle quickly, and in a way that makes sense, because we all know that college sports has a common denominator of money, but the resources - the focus - really needs to be on the STUDENT-athlete, not on the television contracts, gate reciepts and post season games.

"To my mind, the conference realignments and incessant national gossip is distracting many presidents and athletic directors from the real conversations we should be having, about academics, the distorting role of money in sports and what it means to support student-athletes. I hope all settles soon, and we can change the national focus away from profiteering and back to student-athletes, where it belongs."

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_football/2011/09/uconn-president-susan-herbst-s-1.html

Reaction Score
also - what I like most about what's come out of UConn - and president Herbst - is that she really wants all of this to settle quickly, and in a way that makes sense, because we all know that college sports has a common denominator of money, but the resources - the focus - really needs to be on the STUDENT-athlete, not on the television contracts, gate reciepts and post season games.

"To my mind, the conference realignments and incessant national gossip is distracting many presidents and athletic directors from the real conversations we should be having, about academics, the distorting role of money in sports and what it means to support student-athletes. I hope all settles soon, and we can change the national focus away from profiteering and back to student-athletes, where it belongs."

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_football/2011/09/uconn-president-susan-herbst-s-1.html

I'm sure she wants to settle it all quickly. But it takes two to tango.

Reaction Score
I'm sure she wants to settle it all quickly. But it takes two to tango.

True. But when a gal makes it known that she's available, and that's key.......and she's real good looking.....lots of guys tend to get interested in taking a turn on the dance floor and see how far along the bases they can get......

We'll never know who actually pulled the strings to make it happen, and if there was a big old championship encrusted diamond ring on that gals finger that made everybody know she's not available....but if there was, that ring is definitely in a drawer somewhere now.

I'm feeling creative today :cool:

Reaction Score
Waiting on TX/OK, maybe ND. FSU wants a good FB school if possible as #15 or #16. WVU would fit the bill but none may ultimately be willing to go or be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom