The solution is simple | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The solution is simple

Reaction Score
Time to shut this thread down. How the just firing of Ollie turns into a take down of one of the continuing bright spots in UCONN sports ( Geno) is just plain offensive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Time to shut this thread down. How the just firing of Ollie turns into a take down of one of the continuing bright spots in UCONN sports ( Geno) is just plain offensive.

Don’t melt snowflake. Geno’s off-broadway production will roll on.

We’ll just take his word he would have done an awesome job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You two should collaborate on this particular board more often.

You can’t force it Stain. This is just two of the greats putting on a clinic.

It’s so great because it’s sincere and it manages to bother almost everyone.

The people who think we are crazy for wanting Geno AND the people who trip over each other to defend Geno when he goes into brag/decline challenge mode.

Reaction Score
I’m willing to sacrifice the women’s program if it means the men have a chance of getting back to respectability. Women’s basketball means nothing in the grand scheme of things. We have a struggling men’s program and a struggling football. All that matters. Where has the women’s program gotten us? People watch those games where they’re up 43-5 at halftime? The sport is a complete joke because of what Geno has accomplished. But no let’s not give him the men’s job because we MIGHT be left with both programs struggling. Small minded at best CL.

Agree that he’s not gonna take it though so the point is moot.
Without 1995 wbb NC, UConn 2000 never happens.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I’m serious. I want him to take the job.

Of course there is risk but it would be awesome.

We would get more media coverage than the O.J. Simpson trial.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
How ballistic would JC go if Geno got the job? I'm guessing very.

Hey, Ollie was his guy and how did that ultimately work out long term? I think Calhoun has forfeited any right to complain about Geno or anybody else that gets hired, at least to a certain extent.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
“For those people who think I would be a great replacement for Kevin, I’m flattered,” Auriemma said. “But I probably agree with all those people who think that somebody should have their head examined if they name me.”

#poorWhaler
#poorSerrano

We finally have our excuse to get Whaler's head examined

UConnNick

Reaction Score
In relative terms. If you wouldn't take Pop, Stephens, et al for an NBA coach over Geno your insane. If you wouldn't take K, Williams, et al in MCBB over Geno in MCBB, you're insane.

No. You way over estimate the open mindedness of young testosterone filled boys and (maybe more importantly), their handlers. Negative recruiting through the roof.

Geno has coached men's AAU teams, and it's tough to believe the negative recruiting will get any worse than it's been the last couple of years against Ollie.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
What does this school need more than a unified fanbase?

Geno and Edsall on the same page. How is Rizzotti doing these days. Bring her back and it’s win win win.

Rizzotti's George Washington team is a 14 seed in the women's tourney.

Reaction Score
I want to say this was one of the best Good Cop/Bad Cop routines I've seen on this board in a while ... But I'm pretty sure they're both Bad Cops ... ;)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Geno can teach no doubt but don’t you think KO would be successful if he landed the top players every year?
I think KO would have been successful getting top recruits if he could demonstrate he could develop (teach) players to be successful individually and as a team. That would generate the recruits. It's the other way around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom