The solution is simple | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The solution is simple

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In Geno's thirty years here, he has 6 high school players or the year play for him. That is at least 20 less then most people think.
People really shouldn't comment on teams they don't watch.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, men’s is a different sport from women’s. Yes, he’s great. But I don’t know if that translates to the men’s game.

Reaction Score
He is great communicator and motivator to women players. Does that necessarily translate to young men flowing with testosterone?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That’s the lamest bunch of garbage excuses I’ve ever read.

Oh no how would the new women’s coach work with Geno in the building.

Too bad he won’t leave his comfort zone.

Not shocking someone so vocally arrogant is looking to shy away from a challenge where they might get exposed.

Don’t throw in the towel just yet.

Reaction Score
No. KO would never get to that point because he doesn’t have the chops to run a program. You act like Geno snapped his fingers one day and he started getting the best players to come. The guy might be the best basketball coach walking the earth today. You don’t think his pedigree would land 5 star men here?

No, I don’t think he would necessarily recruit well. Different relationships and different assessment. Also, the men and women games are different. Sure, much of the Xs and Os translate, but the games are different.

Geno is a terrific coach, but the assumption that his success with our lady’s would automatically translate into success with the guys is a huge leap.

Reaction Score
you do realize that the womens team is so dominant because the competition maybe just isn't the same as the mens????

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He’s not outright saying no.
upload_2018-3-11_13-22-10.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Not shocking someone so vocally arrogant is looking to shy away from a challenge where they might get exposed.
He's learned some tact through the years but about 10 years ago, he said he would have no patience with the shoe companies, agents, posses and, especially, kids that required a lot of recruiting only to leave in a year. He said "recruiting is ten times harder" and that coaching men would probably kill him.

Reaction Score
He's learned some tact through the years but about 10 years ago, he said he would have no patience with the shoe companies, agents, posses and, especially, kids that required a lot of recruiting only to leave in a year. He said "recruiting is ten times harder" and that coaching men would probably kill him.

Smart man!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Lolz.

Reaction Score
Are you implying that statement lacks tact? I think it’s completely legitimate and, given the massive FBI uncovering, shockingly prophetic

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Too bad - but a lot of people are big fish small pond types. Shame that none of the opportunities ever appealed to him - perhaps the persona is false bravado to some degree.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
In Geno's thirty years here, he has 6 high school players or the year play for him. That is at least 20 less then most people think.
People really shouldn't comment on teams they don't watch.

This is the Internet. People comment on things they haven’t heard about let alone things they don’t watch

Reaction Score
Too bad - but a lot of people are big fish small pond types. Shame that none of the opportunities ever appealed to him - perhaps the persona is false bravado to some degree.

Lol. That could be post of the year!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No. KO would never get to that point because he doesn’t have the chops to run a program. You act like Geno snapped his fingers one day and he started getting the best players to come. The guy might be the best basketball coach walking the earth today. You don’t think his pedigree would land 5 star men here?
I don't.

Still he does, as JC has noted, have a great basketball mind. It would be interesting to see what he did. It wouldn't look like the woman's team, but I have confidence that he'd figure something out.

That said was is a clear career killer for AD Dave, wiping out both basketball programs in one fell swoop. That is what you'd risk by moving Geno to MBB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom