The solution is simple | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The solution is simple

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno would only take the men’s job at one school and it ain’t here.
Maybe two, IIRC.

Reaction Score
I don't.

Still he does, as JC has noted, have a great basketball mind. It would be interesting to see what he did. It wouldn't look like the woman's team, but I have confidence that he'd figure something out.

That said was is a clear career killer for AD Dave, wiping out both basketball programs in one fell swoop. That is what you'd risk by moving Geno to MBB.

I think it’s foolish to think he wouldn’t be successful. Of course he wouldn’t replicate what he’s been able to do in the women’s game but if he accomplishes 20% of what he’s done there who wouldn’t sign for that?

Don’t worry about AD David Benedict. Parker Search Firm will take care of him after he funneled $75k of taxpayer dollars their way.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you implying that statement lacks tact? I think it’s completely legitimate and, given the massive FBI uncovering, shockingly prophetic
He used a lot more adjectives than I quoted, not all of them printable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Too bad - but a lot of people are big fish small pond types. Shame that none of the opportunities ever appealed to him - perhaps the persona is false bravado to some degree.
He was on the verge of taking a men's coaching job, believe it was Penn State, but his daughter talked him out of it. He didn't want to uproot his family while the children were still in school. Geno values family over everything.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He was on the verge of taking a men's coaching job, believe it was Penn State, but his daughter talked him out of it. He didn't want to uproot his family while the children were still in school. Geno values family over everything.

Is it Alyssa? Guess we need her to buy into this.

Help us out here Alyssa.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You and your Greek columns have finally gone full Nero. Burn it all.

I’m serious. I want him to take the job.

Of course there is risk but it would be awesome.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The guy might be the best basketball coach walking the earth today.

In relative terms. If you wouldn't take Pop, Stephens, et al for an NBA coach over Geno your insane. If you wouldn't take K, Williams, et al in MCBB over Geno in MCBB, you're insane.

You don’t think his pedigree would land 5 star men here?

No. You way over estimate the open mindedness of young testosterone filled boys and (maybe more importantly), their handlers. Negative recruiting through the roof.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I’m serious. I want him to take the job.

Of course there is risk but it would be awesome.
To be clear. I find it intriguing with a lot of potential upside especially on the PR front. And he is a great basketball coach no doubt.

We could ( and probably will, no doubt) do way worse.

But it simply not going to happen . *

* I just did you a favor. With my prediction track record clearly geno will accept job tomorrow.

Jim Calhoun would be apoplectic.

We shouldn't care I guess because the program going forward is all that matters.

But yeah. It would be crazy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To be clear. I find it intriguing with a lot of potential upside especially on the PR front. And he is a great basketball coach no doubt.

We could ( and probably will, no doubt) do way worse.

But it simply not going to happen . *

* I just did you a favor. With my prediction track record clearly genovwill accept job tomorrow.

Jim Calhoun would be apoplectic.

We shouldn't care I guess because the program going forward is all that matters.

But yeah. It would be crazy.

UConn would be the number one sports story for the next 9 months. Every game would be on ESPN proper. So long unrated CBS SportsNet.

For some reason I find myself not giving a damn what Jim Calhoun thinks. Maybe because the last anchor he tied us to was close to drowning us?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In Geno's thirty years here, he has 6 high school players or the year play for him. That is at least 20 less then most people think.
People really shouldn't comment on teams they don't watch.

You're not wrong, but the POYs he does get are the right ones. Taurasi, Moore, Stewart account for 9 unique NCAA championships. No accident they are three of the best players in the world and all in the conversation for best ever.

-Someone who's watched them plenty.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What does this school need more than a unified fanbase?

Geno and Edsall on the same page. How is Rizzotti doing these days. Bring her back and it’s win win win.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He’s not outright saying no.

mqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
you do realize that the womens team is so dominant because the competition maybe just isn't the same as the mens????
No, his teams are so successful because he teaches ball movement , boxing out and his players are always moving. Three things that were a mystery to Ollie.

Reaction Score
Whatever your feelings on WBB are, the most accomplished college coach in the history of BASKETBALL is on campus and it’d be foolish for AD David Benedict not to reach out. I don’t ultimately think he’ll take the job but if we don’t land Hurley I have zero confidence in Benedict.

If he brings back Calhoun I’ll stuff a dead hooker in his trunk.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Why? You don't think it's worthy of at least a conversation?

Not really no. And I follow the woman's team, and enjoy Geno immensely.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Idk why Whaler and Jimmy are so intent on killing off JC. Man won us 3 championships for godsake.

I love him.

A: The way he got Ollie the job was bush
B: He’s been acting like a 75 year old child
C: We have to do what is best for the program - not what gives Jim Calhoun the good feelz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom