• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about we rotate the 4 qbs on every play then we can have a true evaluation amongst the boneyard faithful.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Without reading through this thread, the most disappointing part of Evers was his lack of ability to throw the ball 15-20 with any accuracy.
And he's not as fast as I was hoping when he runs.

Unfortunately, he's not much different than almost every other UConn QB us fans have gnashed our teeth over the past decade.

Reaction Score
We’re gonna bail on a dynamic QB that was highly touted after one game (his first career start)? The offense is trying to unlearn the Charlton toiletball scheme. The WRs didn’t seem on the same page with either QB (other than Bell who is easily WR1 right now). Maryland is likely the toughest team we’ll see this season too.

Stay with Evers, wake me up about a QB controversy if we look anemic against Merrimack.

Reaction Score
We’re gonna bail on a dynamic QB that was highly touted after one game (his first career start)? The offense is trying to unlearn the Charlton toilet ball scheme. The WRs didn’t seem on the same page as either QB. Maryland is likely the toughest team we’ll see this season too.

Stay with Evers, wake me up about a QB controversy if we look anemic against Merrimack.
Eminem said you only get one opportunity.

Reaction Score
Some of Evers' incompletes were due to his anticipation of what the WR would do. For example, on one throw the WR was open on his inside and Evers threw it there, but the WR looked for the ball on his outside. It was clear that the WRs and Evers were not in sync and that is due to lack of practice time together.
There was 1 wr that doesn’t belong anywhere on offense. Don’t remember name or number, but he made multiple mistakes (not running full route), and was hit in the hands twice. I know there are better walkons available.

Reaction Score
There was 1 wr that doesn’t belong anywhere on offense. Don’t remember name or number, but he made multiple mistakes (not running full route), and was hit in the hands twice. I know there are better walkons available.
That would be Anderson who should've been left in Maryland.

Reaction Score
Not sure how you do it but can play 4 games and keep red shirt. Use that in some way to get both QB's some game experience. Down a lot in 4th quarter why not give W a few series. Something strange about our recent QB's speed/movement. Maybe was spoiled by Pindell but last 2 years expected QB's to have more giddyap, Nick also. Part may be so many defenders in box but part seems to be lack of escapability. Hard to do RPO with this type QB and so many defenders in box, unless I'm imagining this, what are the coaches going to do to address this?

Reaction Score
I think it is nuts to think Evers shouldn’t start. First game in college, has physical tools, the team was outmanned.

50-7 isn’t a QB issue.

Three things the fanbase has to stop doig. After every game …

1. Blaming coach for every defeat
2. Blaming qb
3. Asking to do away with football

That was a lopsided talent mismatch. It’s sobering because 15 years ago the talent was much closer. But that is not the case anymore.

That was a power 4 team against a G5 team that has to get its act together after bringing in 40 new players.

Team isn’t in the same stratosphere as Maryland.

Reaction Score
We’re gonna bail on a dynamic QB that was highly touted after one game (his first career start)? The offense is trying to unlearn the Charlton toiletball scheme. The WRs didn’t seem on the same page with either QB (other than Bell who is easily WR1 right now). Maryland is likely the toughest team we’ll see this season too.

He’s highly touted for things he did in high school.

It’s his third stop and he didn’t separate himself from Joe Fagnano.

Sticking with him his falling prey to the sunk cost fallacy.

Reaction Score
I think it is nuts to think Evers shouldn’t start. First game in college, has physical tools, the team was outmanned.

50-7 isn’t a QB issue.

2. Blaming qb

That was a lopsided talent mismatch. It’s sobering because 15 years ago the talent was much closer. But that is not the case anymore.

That was a power 4 team against a G5 team that has to get its act together after bringing in 40 new players.

Come on John are you new to the boneyard? This has always been their reaction to a loss. Although now they've evolved in to asking for the 4th string freshman Qb instead of the backup.

Reaction Score
Come on John are you new to the boneyard? This has always been their reaction to a loss. Although now they've evolved in to asking for the 4th string freshman Qb instead of the backup.

This is the same thing we have always seen.

But this time it will be different!

Reaction Score

50-7 isn’t a QB issue.

2. Blaming qb

You need to stop lecturing the fanbase on what they should be doing. The coaching was horrendous, many fans aren't going to just stick their head in the sand and say we can't compete because we have terrible talent and coaching doesn't matter.

Reaction Score

50-7 isn’t a QB issue.

2. Blaming qb

Maryland was picked 11th.

We should have looked better than that,

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How about we rotate the 4 qbs on every play then we can have a true evaluation amongst the boneyard faithful.
Can we also call the plays by taking a poll in real time on our phones? Because that would be kind of cool.

Reaction Score
I'm not a football guru. But Evers mechanics looked atrocious.
All of his horrific passes came on the run. Or with him throwing off the back foot.
Very few of his incompletions were even remotely close.

Reaction Score
And no legs.
ill bite your legs off GIF

Reaction Score

50-7 isn’t a QB issue.

2. Blaming qb

I also think that's a factor, NIL and free player movement is allowing talent to just stack/stratify whereas before it was a bit of a gamble if you could evaluate the players on the game tape or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom