• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ironically, Pindell had a terrible first start against Holy Cross and got benched halfway through that game in favor of Shirreffs. Pindell ended up being pretty good. We can’t expect every kid to shine as soon as they step on the field.
That was an Edsall decision and in hindsight was the wrong one. Pretty sure it's a huge part of why Lashlee left

Reaction Score
Agreed. Start Evers next week if he's healthy. If he struggles, go to Welliver or maybe Joe F. (Depends on the game situation too.) We're gonna kick ourselves if Welliver bails without us having given him any significant playing time.
I'm just concerned that our uninspired offense was designed around Evers. Everything being a rollout was weird

Reaction Score
I would presume NIL collectives and $$$ gives people who shouldn't have a say in roster/depth chart affairs, much more grounds for demanding to be heard - "play my guy or else"

I hope this is not the case, but $$ talks, usually in favor of the person who gave it.

Reaction Score
I would presume NIL collectives and $$$ gives people who shouldn't have a say in roster/depth chart affairs, much more grounds for demanding to be heard - "play my guy or else"

I hope this is not the case, but $$ talks, usually in favor of the person who gave it.
The people who paid him have a logo on the field lol

Reaction Score

It's the way it shouldn't be. But that's the way it is.

I. Pushing Evers for now. Some iffy passes but more upside than fagnano. Evers has a bit of leg though not dramatic. I think he has the right to prove himself off of the field and today no way proves him off of it

Reaction Score
It's the way it shouldn't be. But that's the way it is.

I. Pushing Evers for now. Some iffy passes but more upside than fagnano. Evers has a bit of leg though not dramatic. I think he has the right to prove himself off of the field and today no way proves him off of it
I don't think Evers deserves to lose the job. But if he has a concussion and can't play next week, I hope we start the guy that gives us the best chance to win and don't just trot Fagnano out there so we don't have a QB controversy on our hands. Im worried they won't throw Welliver out there only because they don't want him to look good and then have to make a hard decision.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I wrote in the game chat that Fagnano seemed more poised than Evers. I dunno though if this is a QB issue or offensive scheme problem. Of course doesn't matter who the QB is if the receivers don't catch the damn ball
Start Evers against Merrimack if he’s healthy. Short leash. Both QBs throw behind their receivers and have zero touch. Nick‘s time in there were too many dropped passes and not on him. Both (Joe and Nick) are a continuing line of each game we play the opposing QB is better than ours. Same result next week? Start Welliver Against Duke. Why not

Reaction Score
I don't think Evers deserves to lose the job. But if he has a concussion and can't play next week, I hope we start the guy that gives us the best chance to win and don't just trot Fagnano out there so we don't have a QB controversy on our hands. Im worried they won't throw Welliver out there only because they don't want him to look good and then have to make a hard decision.
If it didn't cause more drama and politics I'd like to see welliver out there for half the minutes or half the drives. Mostly because I am curious. I don't think that's how the world works

Reaction Score
That was an Edsall decision and in hindsight was the wrong one. Pretty sure it's a huge part of why Lashlee left
Holy Cross was up 20-7 in the third quarter when he made the switch and Shirreffs came back to win the game. I’m not going to knock RE for making a rare game winning decision. Whatever happened after that point is on him.

But I think we can both agree that we don’t have a Shireffs ready to go off the bench, so my point is I’d rather give the guy who won the job some leash and see if he can get better game by game. If he doesn’t start looking better, then give CW a look.

Reaction Score
The yard is funny you kill a guy for playing like someone with zero game experience and want to replace him with someone with no game experience behind a crap line. That'll work out well.
So it doesn’t matter that one can throw and the other can’t?

Reaction Score
Dan Orlovsky's first year stats: 47.6 completion %, 9 TDs, 11 INTs. Don't expect a first year QB to put up good stats as it is a learning process.

I thought Joe Fagnano gave UConn the best chance to win today, although remote. I do think Evers has more upside and should have played some today and given the opportunity to win the starter role in the Merrimack game.

Reaction Score
Dan Orlovsky's first year stats: 47.6 completion %, 9 TDs, 11 INTs. Don't expect a first year QB to put up good stats as it is a learning process.

I thought Joe Fagnano gave UConn the best chance to win today, although remote. I do think Evers has more upside and should have played some today and given the opportunity to win the starter role in the Merrimack game.

We don't expect miracles. We just wish we had a team that could put up more than 14 points a game, cross the 50 yard line occasionally and get into the redzone a few times.... also a defense that could hold opponents under 40 pts per game. Are these unreasonable wants?

Reaction Score
If you are going to roll out your QB all the time he had better be an accurate passer on the run. That was not the case for either UConn QB today. Evers was good at overthrowing guys. Strong arm but not accurate. Fagano missed a couple short throws a good QB would have no issue with. We have a problem and coaches are stubborn which adds to it.

Reaction Score
If you are going to roll out your QB all the time he had better be an accurate passer on the run. That was not the case for either UConn QB today. Evers was good at overthrowing guys. Strong arm but not accurate. Fagano missed a couple short throws a good QB would have no issue with. We have a problem and coaches are stubborn which adds to it.
Some of Evers' incompletes were due to his anticipation of what the WR would do. For example, on one throw the WR was open on his inside and Evers threw it there, but the WR looked for the ball on his outside. It was clear that the WRs and Evers were not in sync and that is due to lack of practice time together.

Reaction Score
I really think Welliver might be the guy. Winning history. But that makes you wonder why we spent NIL resources on Evers. Hopefully he's better than he's looked but meh.
First game he has played extended time in since high school. He hasn’t played in a game in 3 years!

Reaction Score
I think you have to give Evers a chance against more reasonable opponent, but it is tempting.

I was hoping that Welliver might get a couple of garbage time snaps in the last couple of drives... however ultimately probably better to hold off if you think there is any chance you may go to him as the QB of the future at the end of the season; if things have gone south you could go to him the last 3-4 games as a starter and still take advantage of his redshirt season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom