• Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I feel like FAU will have problems containing Evers. But I don’t know anything I thought Fagnano was going to start.

Reaction Score
It seems clear that Mora has decided to season Evers. As long as he is not completely incompetent, and perhaps even if he is, he is Mora's guy. He made some progress in North Carolina. He needs to make much more.

Reaction Score
It seems clear that Mora has decided to season Evers. As long as he is not completely incompetent, and perhaps even if he is, he is Mora's guy. He made some progress in North Carolina. He needs to make much more.
Duke has a very good defense because of Manny Diaz. The improvement we saw from Evers should be enough to give him and Mora confidence in continuing with him for the season.

Reaction Score
I really think Welliver might be the guy. Winning history. But that makes you wonder why we spent NIL resources on Evers. Hopefully he's better than he's looked but meh.
I’d love to see Welliver get some snaps. Come on Jim. :)

Reaction Score
Think it was the NCAA site that I saw it, but Duke was ranked at 18th in total defense.
They’ve played Elon, Northwestern and UConn so far. No offense, but not murderd row. If they’re 18th in a few weeks, that’ll be a different story.
We are starting to look we did in the good years of the BE. Hard running, good receivers and a hard hitting D. What hasn’t happened yet is a QB proven he can succeed against that caliber of competition. Hoping it happens soo.

Reaction Score
Duke has a very good defense because of Manny Diaz. The improvement we saw from Evers should be enough to give him and Mora confidence in continuing with him for the season.
I am impressed with his improved running ability.

Reaction Score
I talked to this guy at the car wash. He said Evers is starting because he is distantly related to a good friend of coach Mora’s. You heard it here first

Reaction Score
I talked to this guy at the car wash. He said Evers is starting because he is distantly related to a good friend of coach Mora’s. You heard it here first
Did the car wash guy have any connections to Big12?
Am I wrong thinking ‘Car Wash’ was like 10 years ago?

Reaction Score
Maybe Dan O can take a break from making commercials and help out the QB’s.
Dan is a pretty busy guy. Besides his GEICO commercial with Laura Rutledge, he is seen on ESPN NFL Today and SportsCenter as well as guest appearances on shows like Dan Patrick. Personally, I love that he gets this exposure.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I’d love to see Welliver get some snaps. Come on Jim. :)
Welliver played some against Merrimack. He did seem to be more comfortable in the pocket than McDonald (who also saw time in that game) and was very accurate with the few passes he threw.

One thing that was alarming was how out and out skinny he appeared. I am fully confident that he is our future but he will need to pack on a couple of pounds or he'll get broken in half

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Got some more bad news for you... 20 minutes was more than 20 minutes ago too.
...but it's still 20 minutes from now.

Reaction Score
Evers has a high ceiling but he has many skills he needs to improve significantly in order to come close to reaching it like better and quicker decision making, accuracy, footwork, anticipation, timing, field vision, staring down his primary (only, in his case) option. I just hope we win games while he gains the reps and coaching necessary to refine those skills.
Two questions. Only asking here because you raise both points. 1. Evers has a high ceiling compared to who, and what are those indicators of high ceiling (while performing rather poorly). 2. With so much to improve what is he good at?

Reaction Score
Two questions. Only asking here because you raise both points. 1. Evers has a high ceiling compared to who, and what are those indicators of high ceiling (while performing rather poorly). 2. With so much to improve what is he good at?
the only thing we can be sure of is he hasn't been getting first team reps in practice until he got to UConn. He's had time to work on throwing accuracy and physical skills. What that means and what's left for him to grow on, i really do not know. Maybe mora thinks his reads can get better? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom