The Official Tourney Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
I'm so sick of college refs, they can't even get it right when they go to the review. Ball was off Carolina, should have been Arkansas ball with 2 on the shot clock. No call on Berry's drive. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
URI and Danny Hurley are very likeable. Fun to watch, hard working and classy on the court. He employs many of JC's tactics and principals. I love how he sat his best player for most of the first half when he got 2 fouls. URI up 8 and their leading scorer has 0 points.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Arkansas did themselves no favors down the stretch, but the refs gift wrapped this one for UNC.
With the Razorbacks down 1, if they get the charge call on that it makes all the difference in the world.

Reaction Score
I have never seen a team play so well for about 15 minutes and then follow it up with such an awful 2 or 3 minutes to end. Really bad. Refs did razorbacks no favor either.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
URI and Danny Hurley are very likeable. Fun to watch, hard working and classy on the court. He employs many of JC's tactics and principals. I love how he sat his best player for most of the first half when he got 2 fouls. URI up 8 and their leading scorer has 0 points.
yeah he's the good Hurley who didn't go to Puke
still don't like URIne

Reaction Score
Horrible finish for Arkansas. Completely disappeared when it mattered. And of course the refs with a nice little assist.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Arkansas won't score again

Good call.

But UNC had how many critical calls in their favor in the last 90 secs? Clear charge/travel not called resulting in 2 pts. Tipped shot which was reviewed and clearly tipped but they kept it as UNCs ball. They had, what, 5 fouls called on them in the second half until the final minute when Arkansas had to start fouling. That's nearly impossible in this day and age in college basketball.

Reaction Score
Game was in South Carolina.

My bad. After I posted, I remembered that it was THAT Greenville. However, pretty much anywhere UNC plays under the NCAA purview, they will get the calls.

Reaction Score
Ok my last rant on this... Both Kentucky and UNC shoulda, coulda lost today. But... In the biggest possession of the game, both opposing teams (as most do), opted to run the clock to nothing, run nothing, and just hope that someone could hit a hero shot. Why do you not still at least try to run your offense? I'm sure someone has a stat for the late game possession %, but I bet it is woefully bad. Why opt to just run the clock to five or seconds and then hope to hit a desperation 3? So asinine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom