The Official Tourney Thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hero ball cost Arkansas that game, not the refs.
Well, you never know, but that was one horrible non call at a very critical time and score. It's really hard to miss a train smashing into a wall.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ok my last rant on this... Both Kentucky and UNC shoulda, coulda lost today. But... In the biggest possession of the game, both opposing teams (as most do), opted to run the clock to nothing, run nothing, and just hope that someone could hit a hero shot. Why do you not still at least try to run your offense? I'm sure someone has a stat for the late game possession %, but I bet it is woefully bad. Why opt to just run the clock to five or seconds and then hope to hit a desperation 3? So asinine.

+1000

It gets worse every year. I think youtube is the biggest culprit. one heroball play can result in 5 million hits.

Rhode Island is starting to do some hero ball to, and took an 11 point lead down to 6.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Well, you never know, but that was one horrible non call at a very critical time and score. It's really hard to miss a train smashing into a wall.

I want to see that play again. In real time it looked like a good no-call. I couldn't see his feet though because i was watching on my tablet.

Reaction Score
I wonder where Hurley ends up? I think he will be a bit picky, and he deserves to be. They should be good again next year and then he will make the jump. I can't see this guy settling for some low tier P5 job.

Reaction Score
Ok my last rant on this... Both Kentucky and UNC shoulda, coulda lost today. But... In the biggest possession of the game, both opposing teams (as most do), opted to run the clock to nothing, run nothing, and just hope that someone could hit a hero shot. Why do you not still at least try to run your offense? I'm sure someone has a stat for the late game possession %, but I bet it is woefully bad. Why opt to just run the clock to five or seconds and then hope to hit a desperation 3? So asinine.
Late game situations have been bad for years. So many halves and games end up with dribbling for 25 seconds before hoisting up a low percentage shot.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will eventually need to figure out what is a shooting foul and what occurs on the floor. I've seen way too many questionable calls both ways this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
URI is falling apart. Hurley needs a go-to play or this will get ugly.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It's not over yet, but Rhode Island needs to play some D. They were fortunate to get the steal down 2

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
That was not out of bounds on RI! Wow...

Reaction Score
They might be able to hold on. We had some missed potential already for upsets (Nwestern, arkansas, wsu) but maybe the upset gods are poised to strike, maybe this will actually happen!

Reaction Score
Literally every call in this tourney going in favor of the P5...that was a bad charge call. On the flip side you have Berry on UNC steam roll someone and no call....just awful

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
this tournament is stupid this year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member