The Official Tourney Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
i will probably skip the first half of Cincinnati. Given that it is the last game of the weekend, the officials may want to put it away early so they can get home.

Reaction Score
Absolutely shocking officiating this tournament. I'm done watching. See you guys next year. Go Wisconsin I guess

Reaction Score
Danny Hurley is a good coach. Offers should be rolling in. Not sure how his brother got a p5 gig ahead of him. Think he is the better coach of the two by a mile.

Uri had to play against refs...not easy. They make it real hard for these upsets to happen. Foul discrepancy was an abomination.

Reaction Score
another brilliant late possession... On a side note, Dorsey had a game. 27pts and only missed one shot. I know at one point we were in tight with him, then everyone seemingly backed off, we got in late, and then Ni$e got him to Oregon. Kid can really play.

Reaction Score
First weekend was interesting but I'm all done too.... tourney is painful to watch.

Reaction Score
Baylor and USC game tied. If it is close at the end Scott Drew will find a way to lose.

Reaction Score
It seems like none of the teams have a timeout at the end and they all throw up a ridiculous 3 pointer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Oregon is one of those punk teams that I can not stand - like some of the old Pitt and lots of Cuse teams
But that Dorsey kid had a great game as did Robinson of Rhody = if the Rhody big Martin had ant contribution, they win
PAC12 is making up for all those recent horrible years but they are not the conference of champions
Too bad but URIne

Reaction Score
First weekend was interesting but I'm all done too.... tourney is painful to watch.

I hate leaving beating the evil of college basketball to teams you know will fall on their face when it counts.

Reaction Score
The trend of P5 schools getting calls continues to be impossible to ignore, but that's about as bad of a choke as I've seen this tournament from Rhode Island there. They choked it away two separate times and at no point did it seem like it was because Oregon was more talented.

Hurley's a mystery to me. He obviously has tremendous upside as a coach, but his teams lose those type of games all the time. Benching his best player down the stretch - and the proceeding to surrender two crucial offensive rebounds - was pretty questionable. That game unfolded like a tragic play, and make no mistake, that was a Rhode Island team that could have gotten to the final four. The difference in talent between them and a school like Kansas is a lot smaller than people realize.

Reaction Score
Wow, USC player is mugged and baylor player does not get the 4th foul called on him. Insane. Just awful.

edit: and that 4th foul should be his 5th...

Reaction Score
It seems like none of the teams have a timeout at the end and they all throw up a ridiculous 3 pointer.

Hurley used his last TO with like 1:10 left to sub in a player. He needs to manage that better.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Who is gunna keep watching this tourney if Cincy loses tonight?

Reaction Score
Ok my last rant on this... Both Kentucky and UNC shoulda, coulda lost today. But... In the biggest possession of the game, both opposing teams (as most do), opted to run the clock to nothing, run nothing, and just hope that someone could hit a hero shot. Why do you not still at least try to run your offense? I'm sure someone has a stat for the late game possession %, but I bet it is woefully bad. Why opt to just run the clock to five or seconds and then hope to hit a desperation 3? So asinine.
Add URI, same thing awful

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The trend of P5 schools getting calls continues to be impossible to ignore, but that's about as bad of a choke as I've seen this tournament from Rhode Island there. They choked it away two separate times and at no point did it seem like it was because Oregon was more talented.

Hurley's a mystery to me. He obviously has tremendous upside as a coach, but his teams lose those type of games all the time. Benching his best player down the stretch - and the proceeding to surrender two crucial offensive rebounds - was pretty questionable. That game unfolded like a tragic play, and make no mistake, that was a Rhode Island team that could have gotten to the final four. The difference in talent between them and a school like Kansas is a lot smaller than people realize.

I think you over state - they don't lose those type of games all the time
The difference between schools like Kansas and Rhody is Kansas has lots of length, tons of talent, an abundance of athleticism and all are ballers. Rhody has some length, some decent talent, some athleticism and heart BUT heart sometimes loses out to ballers in crunch time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom