The Official Tourney Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
First, UConn recruited Moritz Wagner, so I'll call bull s--- there.

Second, Wagner played eight minutes a game and showed little as a freshman - he was a mess in the four or five minutes against UConn in Atlantis last year. There's no reason not to believe that Durham can show similar improvement as a soph.
I'm not holding my breath on that one. Durham can't dominate the paint the way Wagner can, imo. As to whether we recruited him, I asked that question on the basketball board a few weeks back and some said we did but many also said otherwise.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not holding my breath on that one. Durham can't dominate the paint the way Wagner can, imo. As to whether we recruited him, I asked that question on the basketball board a few weeks back and some said we did but many also said otherwise.

UConn did.

UConn and Michigan both had a connection in Germany. Both schools recruiting Giffey through him and both were interested in Wagner. Michigan got on a plane and UConn and others didn't.

Not sure it would have made a difference, though. Our connection for Giffey was through LaFleur and he was gone by that time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jordan Bell with a great post move there. Wow.

Reaction Score
UConn did.

UConn and Michigan both had a connection in Germany. Both schools recruiting Giffey through him and both were interested in Wagner. Michigan got on a plane and UConn and others didn't.

Not sure it would have made a difference, though. Our connection for Giffey was through LaFleur and he was gone by that time.
Thanks

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Only 1 foul called on UNC 12 minutes into the half.

Reaction Score
Don't think its crazy at all, the only reason I pointed it out in reference to you earlier is because of your commitment to being miserable and sour.
Saying the kid has a good handle, reminds me of Daniels and is skinny makes me miserable and sour? Daniels was a 5 star recruit, great player for us and dominated a couple of tournament games on the way to helping us win a title. Comparing any player to Daniels is a huge compliment. You're looking for something that isn't there.

Reaction Score
That Michigan St team was pretty mediocre all season
I don't feel like they even belonged, never mind with an 8 seed. They were exposed in the last 10 minutes or so when Kansas took a 3 or 4 point lead and made it 20.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Arkansas point has to see the trap coming a little quicker. That is an AAU move he must have seen 1,000 times already.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is very pesky. They knock so many possessions away. What does next year look like for them? They could be very solid next year, a top 15 team. They did not give up when down 20 and are now up 3 to 5 points. Can they close this out? Hoping so.

edit: why settle for a 35 foot 3 point shot just now?? Come on. UNC down 1 with the ball now...

Reaction Score
Arkansas is very pesky. They knock so many possessions away. What does next year look like for them? They could be very solid next year, a top 15 team. They did not give up when down 20 and are now up 3 to 5 points. Can they close this out? Hoping so.

edit: why settle for a 35 foot 3 point shot just now?? Come on. UNC down 1 with the ball now...

It seems like every team is settling for long jumpers in crunch time.

Reaction Score
There's a very real chance Dillon Brooks is my least favorite college player ever. Absolutely hate this kid

Reaction Score
Nothing works like the long desperate three when you can't set up a decent shot. Awful last few possessions for Arkansas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom