The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
That is a BRUTAL loss to end the first half, ugh.. This is another Rojas classic, why on earth bring Diaz in that early? The bullpen arms haven't been THAT taxed, he clearly was out of gas in the 9th, ugh.

Getting Rocker is a surprise, but it seems that people had soured a bit on his peripherals in the past month.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Miserable loss yesterday, but Rocker falling to us at #10 made it a great day overall. For those of you that haven't heard of him, he did this as a freshman in the super regionals of the CWS and was named the most outstanding player for the tournament. He got all 19 strikeouts with his slider.

Reaction Score
At least big meat Pete killed it tonight. I don’t know the requirements for the derby but I’d love it if no one can participate if they’ve made it to free agency. I love seeing guys who haven’t made tons of money having a shot at 1 million. Alonso has made more money in 2 nights than 3 years as an mlb ball player.

Reaction Score
All Star Break
47-40 (.540) - 3.5 games in 1st
6-4 in the last 10
28-14 at home and 19-26 on the road

Only injuries of note that are left, as of right now, are Thor and Carrasco and either one would be a huge lift down the stretch.

How do we feel right now? I'd think they're on pace for something like 91-93 wins. I'd like to see a better 2nd half and 95-96 wins with a convincing division win. Is that unrealistic???

Reaction Score
All Star Break
47-40 (.540) - 3.5 games in 1st
6-4 in the last 10
28-14 at home and 19-26 on the road

Only injuries of note that are left, as of right now, are Thor and Carrasco and either one would be a huge lift down the stretch.

How do we feel right now? I'd think they're on pace for something like 91-93 wins. I'd like to see a better 2nd half and 95-96 wins with a convincing division win. Is that unrealistic???
Right now they're on pace for 87 wins, I think they'll beat that. I'll guess 92 without any major additions, if they can pull off a Bryant deal I could see 96. Bryant and a small trade for a Michael Pineda or Danny Duffy type SP is what I'm hoping for and will have me very confident going into the playoffs

Reaction Score
Right now they're on pace for 87 wins, I think they'll beat that. I'll guess 92 without any major additions, if they can pull off a Bryant deal I could see 96. Bryant and a small trade for a Michael Pineda or Danny Duffy type SP is what I'm hoping for and will have me very confident going into the playoffs
You think that with Villar, Guillorme and JD coming back this week they’d get Bryant?

Reaction Score
You think that with Villar, Guillorme and JD coming back this week they’d get Bryant?
100%, I think he's exactly what they need and plays so many positions that Davis and Villar can still get plenty of ABs. I also just have very little interest in seeing Davis at 3B, his bat doesn't make up for the defense to be playing every day

Reaction Score
100%, I think he's exactly what they need and plays so many positions that Davis and Villar can still get plenty of ABs. I also just have very little interest in seeing Davis at 3B, his bat doesn't make up for the defense to be playing every day
I’d be very concerned about how much future we gave up for him if it happens. I don’t like the desperate moves to make one run.

Reaction Score
I’d be very concerned about how much future we gave up for him if it happens. I don’t like the desperate moves to make one run.
We'll see but I don't think it's a desperation move. He's a FA after this year so wouldn't require giving up any of the top 5 prospects, I think it would be something like JT Ginn and Mark Vientos

Reaction Score

I agree, they're fine at 3B as is, need more pitching and they need the real Conforto to show-up, not this imposter.

Reaction Score
I agree, they're fine at 3B as is, need more pitching and they need the real Conforto to show-up, not this imposter.
With his contract situation, Conforto really could use a pretty epic 2nd half here.

Reaction Score
I would. Villar is a great bench player and guillorme is good in a pinch. I’d love to trade David and ok prospects for Bryant. If Davis isn’t enough as a starting point to get a pending FA like Bryant then that says all you need to know about the overall value Davis provides.

I’m also liking the idea of taking on donaldsons contract to get Berríos. Berríos gives you flexibility to lose stroman and/or Thor (who I would give a QO) and still have a solid foundation of a starting rotation in 22.

Reaction Score
Lindor injury is terrifying, might not see him for a month. He's been so steady lately.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lindor injury is terrifying, might not see him for a month. He's been so steady lately.
Have you seen any news to indicate that it's something that serious?

In any event, you have to think that ups the odds of us picking up Bryant or a similar piece.

Reaction Score
Have you seen any news to indicate that it's something that serious?

In any event, you have to think that ups the odds of us picking up Bryant or a similar piece.
Listed as an oblique strain, it's usually at least a month unless it's a minor strain which might only be a few days. But it'll still linger and will impact his hitting for a while in either case.

Edit: And right after this I see its a grade 2 strain. That's weeks if not months

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would. Villar is a great bench player and guillorme is good in a pinch. I’d love to trade David and ok prospects for Bryant. If Davis isn’t enough as a starting point to get a pending FA like Bryant then that says all you need to know about the overall value Davis provides.

I’m also liking the idea of taking on donaldsons contract to get Berríos. Berríos gives you flexibility to lose stroman and/or Thor (who I would give a QO) and still have a solid foundation of a starting rotation in 22.
Like I said, Davis needs to be a part of the future core :)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How about that, Pirates will actually win a season series against someone.

Teams with a 6 run lead entering the 8th inning were 314-0 this season until tonight.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
de Grom is now a china doll, Diaz is regressing again, and Lindor is out for a month or more?

Nice to see some offense, but if our pitching and defense can no longer be counted on, we are screwed.

The wheels are off the bus. First place in this division with this team is fool's gold now imo. Not sure we should be buyers anymore. I wouldn't be selling, but giving up good value for a rental player with an eye towards this postseason doesn't seem to be a good investment imo.

This continued Jake crap is the most troubling of all. The guy hasn't pitched in more than ten days and now he's sidelined again with something that doesn't show up on any imaging. Not a good omen for his durability, which is hardly surprising given how freakishly fast he's been throwing.

Reaction Score
de Grom is now a china doll, Diaz is regressing again, and Lindor is out for a month or more?

Nice to see some offense, but if our pitching and defense can no longer be counted on, we are screwed.

The wheels are off the bus. First place in this division with this team is fool's gold now imo. Not sure we should be buyers anymore. I wouldn't be selling, but giving up good value for a rental player with an eye towards this postseason doesn't seem to be a good investment imo.

This continued Jake crap is the most troubling of all. The guy hasn't pitched in more than ten days and now he's sidelined again with something that doesn't show up on any imaging. Not a good omen for his durability, which is hardly surprising given how freakishly fast he's been throwing.
The only part I can't agree with is the giving up and not buying. This isn't the Wilpon Mets anymore where you find a hole or 2 on the team and just say oh well we'll try again next year. That was what annoyed me most all those years, they'd half ass every attempt at competing

Reaction Score

I mean, it has to be directly related to the amount of pitches 100+ mph he throws, right? Mechanically he’s tight. The human arm just wasn’t designed to throw a ball that fast that much, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom