The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
Big split on the road after losing the first two. Take two from the Orioles and win the next series against SD and extend their lead.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it's my bias from being a Mets fan, but I can't remember seeing so little fanfare about such a dominating player. Is it because he is so humble? Is it because he is a Met?

I feel like he would be headline news with his face lining billboards on the highway and appearing on countless commercials if he was on the Yankees or the Red Sox, or if he was a real showy player.

But he just goes about his work like another day at the office.
Is it because the team hasn't been great and he really hasn't had a chance to shine on a national stage to this point? To your point, he's so clinical, he's like a cyborg that just terminates hitters. No fist pumping or animation like Stroman. His highlights are just making hitters swing feebly as he struts calmly to the dugout. Not a dck like Cole or Sherzer. I think the point of your post is right....but I'm a biased Mets fan too in the end.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Uh oh, 538 analysis makes my head hurt, and always leaves me with the impression that it could be good or bad:

The money shot (as if we needed to be told this):

According to base runs, a metric that estimates the number of runs a team “should” have scored or allowed based on the the individual offensive events (i.e., singles, doubles, walks, etc.) it produced or gave up, New York has been the unluckiest team in the league so far this season.

Reaction Score
I’m not liking this pattern of him coming out with so few pitches. I hope it’s just a precaution. Either way he finishes with 6 innings 1 hit no walks 10 ks and he drove in 2 runs. He now has a .56 era, is the fastest (inning wise) pitcher to 100 strikeouts and he has more rbi than ER allowed after 10 starts.

TL/DR the MVP chants are apt.

Reaction Score
Life is pain. I’m hearing it’s a finger issue not an elbow one so hopefully this isn’t a big deal.

Reaction Score
Can we talk about the front office for a minute?

McKinney is the latest gem. Pillar, Villar, Walker, Stroman, Castro. May. A+ off-season and in season management.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Life is pain. I’m hearing it’s a finger issue not an elbow one so hopefully this isn’t a big deal.
Sounds like it's an elbow issue but he's not worried about it? Fingers crossed. I mean, he is throwing so much harder than any other pitcher that it will hardly be surprising if his body parts start to wear a little faster. What he is doing is totally unnatural and unprecedented.

Can we talk about the front office for a minute?

McKinney is the latest gem. Pillar, Villar, Walker, Stroman, Castro. May. A+ off-season and in season management.
More than anything, I am so happy to finally have a catcher--two actually--with an arm that can put runners out. Makes a huge difference.

I'm also happy to see Lugo back. He is a steadying presence.

Stroman gets so emotional that his starts worry me because you feel like he can go off the rails at any moment. Kind of like what happened to Snell last night when he got called for the balk and got a bad call back to back. You could see in his eyes that he was not going to recover, but I was still surprised that they pulled him so early.

Reaction Score
Saw a tweet that deGrom was throwing in the bullpen this morning, that's a good sign.

I don't think my heart can handle him heading to the IL again.

I'm surprised my neighbors didn't call the cops on me after me going crazy when deGrom hit the 2 run single last night haha, thankfully the wife is out of town.

Reaction Score
Rainouts & Doubleheaders

Rain in the forecast for tonight. We're going to play doubleheaders every game from the AS break on. With doubleheaders being only 7 innings, is that a good thing or a bad thing for us?

Good? deGrom, Walker, Stro can all go 6-7 on "most" nights. That leaves a TON of matchup and pen leverage when we need it. Also saves some strain on the pen headed into the last month and any postseason.

Bad? Not getting guys enough work and keeping them sharp. A guy like Familia is better with continued work. Will we have enough guys getting enough innings during a given week here or there?

Reaction Score
To have him off the field for so long then jump to 2B and make that play at that time? Special season.

Reaction Score
This team will theoretically have a bench of Nido, Villar, Guillorme, Pillar, McKinney at some point. All 5 guys I'd have no issue seeing in the starting lineup

Reaction Score
This team will theoretically have a bench of Nido, Villar, Guillorme, Pillar, McKinney at some point. All 5 guys I'd have no issue seeing in the starting lineup
Villar better stay in at 3B when Davis is ready. I don’t need his slightly above average bat and terrible glove in there.

Reaction Score
Villar better stay in at 3B when Davis is ready. I don’t need his slightly above average bat and terrible glove in there.
I'm with you there, I'd have no problem with Villar staying in there every day at 3B

Reaction Score
I'm with you there, I'd have no problem with Villar staying in there every day at 3B
Davis and to a lesser extend Smith are guys I would’ve traded in the off-season because I think their overall value is below their perceived value. If Davis comes back he better be a pinch hitter and spot starter.
Dom would he fine at 1B but that spot is taken so he’s more of a luxury that I would trade for a young CF or quality 4 starter with team control.

Reaction Score
Davis and to a lesser extend Smith are guys I would’ve traded in the off-season because I think their overall value is below their perceived value. If Davis comes back he better be a pinch hitter and spot starter.
Dom would he fine at 1B but that spot is taken so he’s more of a luxury that I would trade for a young CF or quality 4 starter with team control.
I didn't want them trading either because next year they'll have the DH which is where they belong. I'll deal with their defense for a year and then next year move them to where they belong and get a real CF in a trade

Reaction Score
I didn't want them trading either because next year they'll have the DH which is where they belong. I'll deal with their defense for a year and then next year move them to where they belong and get a real CF in a trade
I agree on the DH coming and was hoping it would be here this year. My thing is i would’ve traded either to help the team win this year. I’m also concerned cano will play a part on the team the next two years. Hopefully Cohen doesn’t give a crap about 40M and will just cut him if needed.

Reaction Score
Is Nimmo better than Pillar? When Nimmo is hot, he's on base nonstop but he can't stay on the field and Pillar comes back quicker after having his face smashed in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom