The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
deGrom stat of the day.....

Pitchers are batting .112 so far this year.
The league is batting .113 against deGrom so far this year.

Basically, it's like an "average" pitcher facing 9 pitchers in the lineup each game.
I'll be interested to hear how he feels between starts this time. I'm starting to get concerned that he's going to end up like Icarus because he's doing stuff that is beyond the capacity of the human body. And of course next year is his contract year and that means it better get sorted out during this post-season or next season will have that hanging over it.

Uncle $teve has to be watching each report of a deGrom injury with even more interest than usual, because he's going to command an insane contract if he keeps this up, but you have to wonder how much longer he can do it for, and how he will age if he has to take something off the ball in order to avoid injury. Can he do a Maddux-like transformation and win with his wiles if he can't dominate physically?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They’re a Stroman injury from being Taj Walker, Peterson and Gselman 1-2-3. Hate to whiz away the good start and lead.
You were saying?

Oh yeah, no Gselman either.

Damn

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just me and my youngest daughter (15) this weekend. I took her out for lobster rolls tonight and in a moment of weakness she somewhat excitedly agreed to go to Citi with me tomorrow to see Jake, a plan I had devised a few hours earlier when I realized it was a possibility. I just made a minor splurge for nice tickets. I am so freaking pumped.

Reaction Score
My wife wants to get tickets @ Citi in late August for my birthday, and obviously she wants to see Jake pitch... She said to me last night, we should be able to match up the days of his starts like 3 weeks in advance right? I couldn't help but laugh... I mean, in a perfect world yes, but the way this season has gone we'll probably end up seeing Corey Oswalt instead of Jake :(

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My wife wants to get tickets @ Citi in late August for my birthday, and obviously she wants to see Jake pitch... She said to me last night, we should be able to match up the days of his starts like 3 weeks in advance right? I couldn't help but laugh... I mean, in a perfect world yes, but the way this season has gone we'll probably end up seeing Corey Oswalt instead of Jake :(
I got up at 5:30 and checked to make sure he was still scheduled for today!

Reaction Score
Starting to get “Team of Destiny” vibes here… Stadium looked ELECTRIC yesterday!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The offense can't keep struggling this badly...can it? We score the fewest runs per game in baseball.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much more I can take of Lindor swinging and missing badly in big spots. As I've said before, I'm as patient as I can be knowing he's not going anywhere for a long while....but Jesus.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't know how much more I can take of Lindor swinging and missing badly in big spots. As I've said before, I'm as patient as I can be knowing he's not going anywhere for a long while....but Jesus.
He's going to bust out in July 1st. It's Bobby Bonilla day and Jake is pitching again.

Reaction Score
The season numbers are still pretty rough because of the bad April and May, but the month of June has been much closer to what I expect from him

Reaction Score
I hate to be critical because things are going so well overall, but Rojas really does some boneheaded things with the pitching sometimes… Walker was cruising, hits a minor bump in the road before finishing the 6th and he pulls him ‍♂️

Reaction Score
I hate to be critical because things are going so well overall, but Rojas really does some boneheaded things with the pitching sometimes… Walker was cruising, hits a minor bump in the road before finishing the 6th and he pulls him ‍♂️
I've hated his* bullpen management since day 1, and I feel like it's going to cost them in a big spot.

*I have no idea if it's Rojas or someone in the front office. But whoever it is is terrible

Reaction Score
A sweep today would help soften the blow that we've not been playing very good baseball lately...

Probably will mean Boone getting fired too?

Reaction Score
This Megill kid looks pretty good.
First time through the league. Would love to see it continue through the next times when they have tape on him. He seems to have a lot of professional maturity.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hey Mets fans... watch out, Pirates are hot right now, lol.

I would suggest y'all get down to Citi and check out Ke'Bryan Hayes. He'll be the NL starting 3rd baseman for the next decade. Was in a slump for 10 days but he's snapped out of it, 5-11 with 3 xbhs since Monday.

Reaction Score
Hey Mets fans... watch out, Pirates are hot right now, lol.

I would suggest y'all get down to Citi and check out Ke'Bryan Hayes. He'll be the NL starting 3rd baseman for the next decade. Was in a slump for 10 days but he's snapped out of it, 5-11 with 3 xbhs since Monday.
I see they're on a 3 game win streak to prop them up to 32-53 and only 18.5 games out. I'll keep an eye on them!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom