The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Attaway to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. JFC, Edwin. You knew once that 2 strike blast cleared we were gonna get swept. And please uncle moneybags, do not under any circumstance throw money at the Polar Bear. The next big hit he gets will be his first.

Reaction Score
Attaway to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. JFC, Edwin. You knew once that 2 strike blast cleared we were gonna get swept. And please uncle moneybags, do not under any circumstance throw money at the Polar Bear. The next big hit he gets will be his first.
It's amazing that after 2 or 3 years of posting in these Mets threads you still haven't had 1 post I agree with. If the Mets let Alonso walk they are beyond stupid

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It's amazing that after 2 or 3 years of posting in these Mets threads you still haven't had 1 post I agree with. If the Mets let Alonso walk they are beyond stupid
That’s on you. You probably like the Lindor contract, too.

Reaction Score
Best description I heard about this team is they could be down 100-0 in the 9th. Theyd score 99 and load the bases with two outs and lose.

Reaction Score
Alonso is difficult for me because some of the numbers I’ve heard are way too ridiculous. If someone offers him a bag I won’t be upset if the Mets don’t match.

For reference, I saw an article where the writer for the Athletic valued him at 7/190 and spotrac has his market value at 8/263 (allegedly it was 9/296 before the season started). If he’s getting anything close to the latter then good for him and I hope it’s someone else paying it.

Reaction Score
Yes I like the contract the Mets gave the best player on their team
I don’t think he’s a steal, but I don’t know you can think he hasn’t been worth every penny the last two seasons. His early season struggles are annoying but since 4/14 he has an .888 ops while continuing to play a very good shortstop.

Reaction Score
Alonso is difficult for me because some of the numbers I’ve heard are way too ridiculous. If someone offers him a bag I won’t be upset if the Mets don’t match.

For reference, I saw an article where the writer for the Athletic valued him at 7/190 and spotrac has his market value at 8/263 (allegedly it was 9/296 before the season started). If he’s getting anything close to the latter then good for him and I hope it’s someone else paying it.
Yeah if that's the cost I can get being hesitant. I still think it's a tough sell to the fanbase to let the face of the team walk under new ownership that was supposedly not going to be cheap. It's the smart move to trade him in that scenario, I'm just not sure it's a realistic one

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s a steal, but I don’t know you can think he hasn’t been worth every penny the last two seasons. His early season struggles are annoying but since 4/14 he has an .888 ops while continuing to play a very good shortstop.
Lindor and Alonso have some similarities for me.

As far as stats are concerned, they put up elite tier numbers over the course of a season with pronounced slumps here or there. I'm not going to get into the baseball nerd talk here.

Aside from stats, they both play hard and play a ton, even when they're hurt. Good clubhouse guys. And I realize that's soft but they had a choice to sign Wright or Reyes to a big contract and they chose Wright because he could be the face of the team. I don't think Alonso's big contract hurts you over the life of it.

Reaction Score
I know it was only 1 start but Christian Scott looks like the making of a good long term starter. Butto also looks good so far (I’m sure I’ll jinx him tonight). If those two can establish themselves this season and Senga comes back healthy, they have a very strong foundation for the SP with a lot of money coming off the books.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or has Diaz not been the same since the Mets put Timmy Trumpet on the field that night?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Maybe.

I am not having any fun at all with this season.

I'm enjoying watching Christian Scott, I think he's got a chance to be really good considering his toughness and ability to pitch in addition to his stuff being really good. Other than that there's not much else to get excited about with this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom