The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread

Reaction Score
Cherry picking and deflection. I conceded on Alvarez. This is about our supposed best player who they want to throw Linder money at (maybe)
No, Lindor is the best player. And he's not going to sniff Lindor money. Alonso will be looking for a Matt Olson type contract, something like 7/$170M. He's not getting anywhere close to the $300M Lindor got

Reaction Score

Love this overlay #metsally

A couple innings before, Ronnie saw a high fastball by Butto and said "He's just setting up the change up away with that pitch" and the next pitch Butto struck him out on a changeup tailing down and away. Darling is, by far, the best analyst in the game right now and it isn't even close.

Reaction Score

Still need to get another SP, but this is a great move. Nimmo, Marte, Winker, Bader, Taylor is a nice OF group, and McNeil in there too with his versatility

Reaction Score
Went to the game Saturday. I did not go to a game live last year and was really surprised at the impact of the pitch clock in person. We sat down, blinked and it was 0-0 after 3 innings in a flash.

It made everything else seem rushed and crammed in too. All the stupid media games and giveaways. I gotta say. I left with a bad taste in my mouth about the experience.

Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with all the deadline moves. I think they’re low risk with medium reward. We didn’t give up anyone significant and hopefully filled the gaps.

I do worry about the gap Senga created last week but with their place in the standings I’m okay not paying a kings ransom for some rental.

Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with all the deadline moves. I think they’re low risk with medium reward. We didn’t give up anyone significant and hopefully filled the gaps.

I do worry about the gap Senga created last week but with their place in the standings I’m okay not paying a kings ransom for some rental.
Agreed, there's value in being able to run out a major league team every night. Particularly in the bullpen where it's been rough.

Rotation has 4 locks with Severino, Quintana, Manaea, Blackburn. And hopefully you get something out of Peterson, Megill, Scott and someone steps up. Personally I'd like to see Peterson at AAA, Megill in the bullpen, Scott as the #5

Bullpen now has Diaz, Brazoban, Stanek, Maton, Butto as locks. And can hopefully just cycle through the guys not starting above and then Ottavino, Alex Young and the IL guys (Garrett, Nunez, SRF) once healthy

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how much longer I can watch Megill and Peterson get pummelled the 3rd time through the order. They give you 4 decent innings and every friggin time the 3rd trip through they get torched. 5 IP, 5 H, 4 ER.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The Mets welcomed "Hawk Tua Girl" yesterday. First pitch.

Yep.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

The Mets welcomed "Hawk Tua Girl" yesterday. First pitch.

Yep.
It was the traditional, annual "Camp Day" yesterday, day camps bring the kids out for an afternoon game. Image the counselors trying to explain to their campers who she is :eek: Either Uncle Steve is a huge pervert, or someone's going to get fired!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
2 games out of the W/C. Again I reiterate to this thread”s PeteyBear fanboys……The next big hit in a clutch scenario will be his first. Hope he catches fire or isn’t an auto K over the last 40.

Reaction Score
Can we talk about the run Manaea has been on the last month? And Peterson? 8-1 with a sub 3.00 ERA?

Tough to really pick at Stearns moves since coming here. Keeping some and getting others. Not giving up the farm for it. If we could only get over that hump and get a couple games cushion in the WC standings.

Reaction Score
2019 Edwin Diaz is back. Those are 2 killer blown saves against the teams they're chasing

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
4 games out of the last lifeboat looking up at Atlanta, who can’t seem to lose.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
4 games out of the last lifeboat looking up at Atlanta, who can’t seem to lose.
Don't look now, but... Cubs.

You think your pen is bad? Pirates just scored 8, 5 and 10 vs Cubs and lost all three games by four or more runs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom