The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20240619-073407_Gmail.jpg

Reaction Score
Maybe a stupid question. Why aren't the Mets giving Trevor Bauer a shot? He's been cleared of all his off the field stuff. If for nothing else, it's better than trotting Tylor Megill out there every friggin week. I know Bauer has baggage, but it's NY. We've always been on the edge with guys.

Reaction Score
Maybe a stupid question. Why aren't the Mets giving Trevor Bauer a shot? He's been cleared of all his off the field stuff. If for nothing else, it's better than trotting Tylor Megill out there every friggin week. I know Bauer has baggage, but it's NY. We've always been on the edge with guys.
Apart from all the off the field stuff which we don't need to get into, he's just genuinely a bad person and a cancer to the teams he's on. Don't think it's worth destroying what seems to be a great locker room with a guy that's hated by his teammates at basically every stop

Reaction Score
Apart from all the off the field stuff which we don't need to get into, he's just genuinely a bad person and a cancer to the teams he's on. Don't think it's worth destroying what seems to be a great locker room with a guy that's hated by his teammates at basically every stop
I don't think that's very fair TBH.

I think he's an odd duck, and not that I'm defending him or his behavior - but that whole scandal was kinda fabricated.. Weird smear campaign the past year to keep him out of baseball.. Unless there's more that MLB knows, about something else?

I wouldn't mind the Mets kicking the tires.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's very fair TBH.

I think he's an odd duck, and not that I'm defending him or his behavior - but that whole scandal was kinda fabricated.. Weird smear campaign the past year to keep him out of baseball.. Unless there's more that MLB knows, about something else?

I wouldn't mind the Mets kicking the tires.
My opinion isn't even based on that scandal/allegations. I thought he was a terrible person and wanted no part of him before all that stuff came out. I don't want to see him anywhere near the Mets, he'd destroy what has turned into a pretty fun season for me

Reaction Score
Totally get that, but what evidence do you have to prove that he's a "terrible person" beyond just being an odd duck?

Just playing devil's advocate here - this seems to be the first reaction whenever his name is brought up.

Reaction Score
My opinion isn't even based on that scandal/allegations. I thought he was a terrible person and wanted no part of him before all that stuff came out. I don't want to see him anywhere near the Mets, he'd destroy what has turned into a pretty fun season for me
I'm not saying I disagree completely...but it's slow and work and it's worth kicking around.

If we take your opinion here, what's the realistic scenario in September (and beyond)?

1) Stick with what we have and throw Severino or Quintana against the #1's in any big series/playoff round.
2) Trade for a hired gun for 1 season (Scherzer type) giving low prospects away
3) Trade big prospects and get a real bonafide frontline starter
4) Take a chance now on maybe Bauer and cut bait if he doesn't prove to be reformed.

Reaction Score
Totally get that, but what evidence do you have to prove that he's a "terrible person" beyond just being an odd duck?

Just playing devil's advocate here - this seems to be the first reaction whenever his name is brought up.
There's been a bunch of racist and misogynistic stuff, mostly on his Twitter, that he tries to pass off as just trolling and being edgy. Which works when you're a teenager but not when you're a full grown adult in your 30s

Reaction Score
I'm not saying I disagree completely...but it's slow and work and it's worth kicking around.

If we take your opinion here, what's the realistic scenario in September (and beyond)?

1) Stick with what we have and throw Severino or Quintana against the #1's in any big series/playoff round.
2) Trade for a hired gun for 1 season (Scherzer type) giving low prospects away
3) Trade big prospects and get a real bonafide frontline starter
4) Take a chance now on maybe Bauer and cut bait if he doesn't prove to be reformed.
Probably number 2 for me. I'm good with Senga, Severino, Quintana, Scott as 4 of the 5 rotation arms. Ideally that's the 2-5 and you trade for an ace with control, but I'm not sure that guy is out there at the trade deadline this year. The options are pretty underwhelming, but something like what the Brewers just did moving their 21st prospect for Aaron Civale.

I wouldn't trade the top prospects, they're not winning a World Series. But a solid SP and add a few bullpen arms and that's a competitive wild card team that can get hot

Reaction Score
Probably number 2 for me. I'm good with Senga, Severino, Quintana, Scott as 4 of the 5 rotation arms. Ideally that's the 2-5 and you trade for an ace with control, but I'm not sure that guy is out there at the trade deadline this year. The options are pretty underwhelming, but something like what the Brewers just did moving their 21st prospect for Aaron Civale.

I wouldn't trade the top prospects, they're not winning a World Series. But a solid SP and add a few bullpen arms and that's a competitive wild card team that can get hot
You assume we’re getting Senga. I don’t assume that until he’s pitching unimpaired and locked into the rotation. Which I don’t see happening.

Reaction Score
You assume we’re getting Senga. I don’t assume that until he’s pitching unimpaired and locked into the rotation. Which I don’t see happening.
He's pitching right now in Brooklyn

Reaction Score
I hate all all star games.

That said? It is kind of sad, odd, weird how Lindor is overlooked for what he does.
It's crazy, and the sad part is that it's mostly Mets fans who underrate him. Saw this stat today

Reaction Score
Saw the explanation behind Nimmo's power surge lately. They talked about it in the booth last night, basically now that he's "completing" his swing, he's able to hit for much more power.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Deepster loves him some Polar Bear. Can we all agree he is the most overrated and least clutch power hitter in MLB?
This watered down playoffs may allow us to get in, but I doubt it. I fear money bags Stevie gonna give Pete Lindor stupid money after this year.

Reaction Score
Deepster loves him some Polar Bear. Can we all agree he is the most overrated and least clutch power hitter in MLB?
This watered down playoffs may allow us to get in, but I doubt it. I fear money bags Stevie gonna give Pete Lindor stupid money after this year.
No

Alum86

Reaction Score
No, Navery? He is god awful. Up 10-1 he will hit a 3 run dinger. Down 2-1 with 2 runners on and 2 outs he is gonna swing at a sweeping outside pitch for strike 3

Reaction Score
No, Navery? He is god awful. Up 10-1 he will hit a 3 run dinger. Down 2-1 with 2 runners on and 2 outs he is gonna swing at a sweeping outside pitch for strike 3
You heard me, no. I'd show you the stats that say none of what you say is true but we've been down this road before and logic/stats are wasted on you

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Was flipping channels and came upon bottom 9th of NYM/NYY. First off, I can't believe Jake Diekman is pitching the 9th (even with Diaz not available). Second, I can't believe he pitched to Judge.

And third of all, I can't believe that actually worked.

Alum86

Reaction Score
You heard me, no. I'd show you the stats that say none of what you say is true but we've been down this road before and logic/stats are wasted on you
He is great at hitting 3 run dingers down 9-2. Not so much when it‘s clutch.
But I am, too, tired of advising you of this. If the Mets wanna throw money at him through his late 30s they are foolish.

Reaction Score
He is great at hitting 3 run dingers down 9-2. Not so much when it‘s clutch.
But I am, too, tired of advising you of this. If the Mets wanna throw money at him through his late 30s they are foolish.
Same vibes

IMG_7635.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom