The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

Reaction Score
Team is just seriously flawed they are not capable of winning close games against good teams. They sucked at home all year the last 2 losses have been reminiscent of their playoff elimination games, not a serious team. Wasting a year of Judge and Soto's prime.

Reaction Score
Team is just seriously flawed they are not capable of winning close games against good teams. They sucked at home all year the last 2 losses have been reminiscent of their playoff elimination games, not a serious team. Wasting a year of Judge and Soto's prime.
They are flawed outside of those 2 guys but if some combination of Cole Rodon Gil and or Schmidt get hot in the postseason, I think there’s enough pitching to win it. Will it happen idk.

I’ll still take my chances of a deciding playoff game being played in the Bronx.

Reaction Score
Winning the Division wasn’t close to being a given back in March. That is a big deal.

Now let’s see if they can win home field and parlay that into a big advantage in the postseason.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bryan Reynolds career at Yankee Stadium: 3 games, 13 PAs, 12 ABs, 3 HRs, 5 RBI, .500 BA, .538 OBP, 1.250 SLG, 1.788 OPS

Reaction Score
Michael Burrow mlb debut. I believe he was Uconn commit prior to signing.

Need more talent like this signed so maybe you can get a Burrow Mozzicato on campus. It’s tough, looks like he would have certainly helped last year in the Supers. It’s a good thing either way.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Being a Pirates fan, I don't usually get to have a lot of fun in September. So this was fun. Too bad I watching football.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Being a Pirates fan, I don't usually get to have a lot of fun in September. So this was fun. Too bad I watching football.

Baseball reality: having fun in October is what's important.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very true. Especially late October. You old enough to still remember playing in late October?
Hell, I'm old enough to remember the Pirates beating the Orioles two different times in late October.

Reaction Score

Makes it easier to peg Oswaldo Cabrera as the playoff first basement, especially after he finished the second half with a .754 OPS.

My opening playoffs lineup:

1 - Torres - 2B
2 - Soto - RF
3 - Judge - CF
4 - Wells - C
5 - Jazz - 3B
6 - Stanton - DH
7 - Cabrera - 1B
8 - Volpe - SS
9 - Dominguez - LF

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Which NYY will show up?They are getting dominated by too many pitchers lately. Still a pretty fun year. Finishing first in the division is better than not. Hello Sux fans.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Which NYY will show up?They are getting dominated by too many pitchers lately.
Kinda depends which Bradley Falter shows up. He's got 8 starts with game scores of 60+ and 8 starts with game scores of <40. But in 12 innings vs ALE (Balt & Tor), he's given up 3 hits and 0 runs, so maybe he likes that division.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Grisham already 2 for 2 with an HR and 3 Ribeyes.

After yesterday's five Ks, Judge is gonna get Wally Pipp'ed :D

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It seems oddly fitting in this strange regular season that the Yankees win the final game on a hit by Verdugo with Holmes getting the save and Grisham being the hitting star.

Reaction Score
Here's the ALDS 26-man roster:

Catchers: Austin Wells, Jose Trevino (2)

Infielders: Oswaldo Cabrera, Jazz Chisholm Jr., Gleyber Torres, Anthony Volpe, Jon Berti, Ben Rice (6)

Outfielders: Aaron Judge, Juan Soto, Alex Verdugo, Jasson Domínguez, Duke Ellis, Trent Grisham (5)

Designated hitters: Giancarlo Stanton (1)

Starting pitchers: Gerrit Cole, Carlos Rodón, Luis Gil, Clarke Schmidt (4)

Bullpen: Luke Weaver, Tommy Kahnle, Clay Holmes, Ian Hamilton, Tim Hill, Jake Cousins, Tim Mayza (7)

Off days Sunday, Tuesday, and if needed, Friday, so just 11 pitchers makes senes.

My guess is three starting pitchers will be used and honestly, I can see Schmidt and Gil "co-starting" on Wednesday.

No Stroman and no Leiter Jr.

Reaction Score
Stanton runs like my dog who’s been dead for three years….
Stanton is too brittle to run hard. I'd rather him not go balls out to beat the throw and miss the rest of the playoffs with a pulled hamstring.

Ugly Yankee win in Game 1, but a win, nonetheless. Should take some pressure off of Rodon in Game 2. Was great to see contributions from unexpected sources like Gleyber and Verdugo. They'll need a lot more of those type of efforts if they're to make a deep run. Cole was not on his A game, but I'll chalk that up to the extended time off between the end of the regular season and the playoffs. I expect he'll be a lot sharper in his next outing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom