The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

Reaction Score
Hey, a solid Yankees trade!

Yankees acquire utility player Jon Berti in a three-team trade from the Marlins for minor-leaguer John Cruz (ranked as their 28th best prospect on MLB.com). Catcher Ben Rortvedt is going to the Rays.

Played 15+ games last season at SS (64 games), 3B (41 games) and LF and 2B.

A high-contact hitter (77 Ks and 29 BBs in 424 PAs) and good speed.

Berti makes 3.6M this season and has arbitration rights next season.

Fills the "Isaiah Kiner-Falefa" role as a guy who can play pretty much anywhere in the field.

Hopefully trending up as it looks with last years .294/.344 his best season by far. Could be a nice addition.

Reaction Score
Another quietly solid move by the Yankees:

Yankees acquire RHP JT Brubaker and 550k in international pool money for a "player to be named later".

Basically a salary dump with potential for upside as Brubaker is currently rehabbing from Tommy John and won't return until about July, making 2.3M this year and arbitration eligible next year.

More on Brubaker and his better-than-it-seems peripheral numbers.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Another quietly solid move by the Yankees:

Yankees acquire RHP JT Brubaker and 550k in international pool money for a "player to be named later".

Basically a salary dump with potential for upside as Brubaker is currently rehabbing from Tommy John and won't return until about July, making 2.3M this year and arbitration eligible next year.

More on Brubaker and his better-than-it-seems peripheral numbers.

Brubaker will be useful, but don't think of him as more than a #5 with #4 upside. I was initially surprised Bucs would let him go, but looking at post-June, our rotation should look pretty damned good, barring more than one major injury. Keller, Skenes, Perez, Priester, Jones, will be the best rotation we've had in a decade. That the cheapo Bucs gave $550K in pool money would also suggest the PTBNL will be decent, not like when you were trying to foist Clint Frazier on us for the umpteenth time.

Btw, anyone notice this?
Screenshot 2024-03-31 22.02.57.jpg

Reaction Score
Yanks were trying to trade for Bieber during the spring training venue thank God that didn’t happen. Imagine 12 inning no runs 2 starts and out for the year? Too bad for the kid.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My fave Sterling call..."Bernie goes BOOM!!"

Reaction Score
Still working my way into baseball mode, but the Yanks look much improved so far. While I don't expect Volpe to hit 350 for the season, he seems much more comfortable at the plate. Juan Soto has exceeded my expectations, both as a hitter and a teammate. Hope the pitching stays healthy and it could be an interesting season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm getting the feels.

Sign and lock up Soto. He's been in Cashmans head for years.
Without a question they should try to lock him up. I'm just not sure Boras has any desire to let this happen. He adamantly prefers using free agency as leverage, even if that leverage is entirely fabricated by Boras. This past winter exposed Boras a bit, although it won't apply to Soto.

I'm not overly concerned however as we a) will be competitive with our offer and b) I'm not sure anyone else will.

I'm not worried about the Mets landing him (the only thing the many NY sports radio hosts who all seem to be Met fans have to talk about) as the next time Cohen commits major dollars on a long term contract will be the first time.

Reaction Score
That third inning last night against the Padres was impressive. Soto, Judge & Stanton all hit the stitching off the ball. I don't know how they measure these things as they had Stanton's ball "only" going 417, but all three were total blasts. While you don't expect all three guys to maintain this pace throughout the season, we're finally getting a glimpse of what Cashman must have envisioned when putting the roster together. Add in another strong start from the rotation and we may have a fun season on our hands.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The batting order is producing consistantly. Volpe hitting around .280 is a big improvement of last year. Soto, Judge, Stanton and Verdugo are making the lineup very difficult to the thru. Based on the last couple of seasons, I was not optimistic about Stanton. I guess I was wrong. Not to forget Trevino. Saw him hit two in one game in Tampa.

Those three blasts last night were crazy. Darvish got shell shocked!! In three plus weeks Judge as gone from hitting around .200 to around .280 and absolutley crushing the ball.

The pitching is a surprise and a concern. Gil and Rodon and Schmidt are leading the staff. Still not convinced on Stromen. Cortez should be fine. The bullpen I'm not sure on. Holmes is doing the job so far. Others I don't know. Cole being out is a big blow. Would be nice if he could come back. Not holding my breath.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Did she just get out of prison or something? What’s the big surprise? (I can’t stand A-Rod but he actually seems like a great father)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What exactly happened to Miguel Andujar? He just started playing for the A's. He had that amazing rookie year with the Yanks and then...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Did she just get out of prison or something? What’s the big surprise? (I can’t stand A-Rod but he actually seems like a great father)

What exactly was the surprise?

Reaction Score
What exactly happened to Miguel Andujar? He just started playing for the A's. He had that amazing rookie year with the Yanks and then...
I think the league caught up to him and he's never been able to reach those early highs. Add in his defensive deficiency and there was no place to hide him. Yanks should have traded him while he had value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom