The Official 2023 New England Patriots Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New England Patriots Thread

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I bought NFL Sunday Ticket exclusively for the pleasure of watching this ish show
Ouch. For a while here in FL, we were getting quite a few NEP games on Sunday afternoon, in addition to Thurs, Sunday and Monday nights. Sadly, I don't miss watching them anymore. I really thought O'Brien would provide some improvement to Jones' game, alas no.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If Jonathan is the answer, what's the question? If you look up mediocre, they give the New England Revolution as an example. That's Jon's baby.
Ok, I take that back, as I did not know this about the NER. Ugh.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I bought NFL Sunday Ticket exclusively for the pleasure of watching this ish show
We found a place that put it on in Dublin, but couldn’t watch for long. Painful.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's so bad I actually feel for the guy. Belichick not the WATB.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I’m guessing we may see Will Grier next week. Zappe is terrible. It shouldn’t be Jones.

Luckily, the Giants failed at tanking (the Bears almost did) and the Patriots are now in better shape for a QB. I expect Chicago to target Harrison and hope Fields improves. But with two picks, who knows?

Reaction Score
I’m guessing we may see Will Grier next week. Zappe is terrible. It shouldn’t be Jones.

Luckily, the Giants failed at tanking (the Bears almost did) and the Patriots are now in better shape for a QB. I expect Chicago to target Harrison and hope Fields improves. But with two picks, who knows?
0 chance it's Grier.

It will be Mac Jones.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm a Jets fan...Grier would be an upgrade...lol.
He’s all yours if you want him. Sadly, I also think he’s an upgrade. Certainly over Zappe.

Reaction Score
Or trade one for one, Zappe for DeVito? :D:confused:
At this point we should want the worse qb, Devito is actually doing ok now for guy who probably shouldn’t be an NFL qb. I mean good for him but he’s messing up our tank job lol.

Reaction Score
At this point we should want the worse qb, Devito is actually doing ok now for guy who probably shouldn’t be an NFL qb. I mean good for him but he’s messing up our tank job lol.

I honestly think it was the Commanders defense that fd us up and not so much the mommys boy!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I mean, I’m going on 50 years of following football. To see Bryce Young, Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold type fail year after year and watch the Tommy DeVito’s and Brock Purdys emerge? There is no science to it.
My only explanation is that the game has changed a lot. Going back to Brady and Manning, they read defenses brilliantly, adjusted calls at the line, and relied on precise routes and throws to beat the defense. In my view, that entire style of offense is no longer effective. Defenses are too good, player roles more flexible. It’s like position-less basketball, where you can no longer run ISO on mismatches and hope to win.

The guys who succeed are both receivers and QBs who make post snap adjustments. That means extending plays with you legs, and receivers who don’t just blindly run routes, but who look back and adjust based on what’s happening behind the line of scrimmage. It’s a different skill set. It’s more like sandlot football. Zach Wilson has the right physical tools for that style but the Jets don’t play that way (and he may just be too dumb). Watch clips of Tyreke Hill and you’ll see how early he turns his head back to the QB then adjusts.

I think some of the QB failures is just from guys playing in the wrong system.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I mean, I’m going on 50 years of following football. To see Bryce Young, Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold type fail year after year and watch the Tommy DeVito’s and Brock Purdys emerge? There is no science to it.
I have said this before....but I continue to be stunned that with all the history and resources available...GMs can't accurately assess how a college quarterback will do in the NFL.

Tanking for a quarterback is stupid...because it's all just luck. Your next QB could be had in the 7th round....who knows...lol.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The GOAT is killing me. Acting like a stubborn old man at this point

Sorry BB, all your Xs and Os can't save you from a QB that's killing the team, the fans and your reputation

Mac Jones should have been released by now. He's the antithesis of Tom Brady, I can't even watch him anymore

When I heard Mac Jones was starting last Sunday, I bet the Giants and enjoyed laughing at him. Maybe the first time I bet against the Patriots in my lifetime

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Reports are that Zappe and Cunningham had the reps at practice. Not Jones.

Reaction Score
The notion that the Patriots are worse next year than the Saints, Jets, Vegas, Tampa, Cleveland and Denver is pretty absurd. That 60/1 is a solid bet.
Yea, trust Vegas.

Pretty clear the Pats have the worst roster in the league.

Reaction Score
I want to see the Pats get a top 3 pick just to watch what Belichick does with it (assuming he’s there). With a guy like Caleb Williams already asking for a piece of team ownership, I’d love to see Belichick try to live in that world.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yea, trust Vegas.

Pretty clear the Pats have the worst roster in the league.
The defense is excellent. Even without their two best players. But the offense is the worst I’ve ever seen.

Reaction Score
The defense is excellent. Even without their two best players. But the offense is the worst I’ve ever seen.
Haha I give you credit for the loyalty but my god its hilarious.

Defense is bottom 5 in take aways, 17th in EPA, 12th DVOA, 27th in sacks. Not one other person in the world would call their defense "excellent".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom