The Official 2023 New England Patriots Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New England Patriots Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Draft is in the books. Love the Gonzalex pick. Ideal addition. Like the White pick, but don't love it. He's insurance for Uche and eventually Judon and Wise. Mapu is an interesting pick. Certainly a superior athlete, but will BB really go small at ILB. Maybe. Andrews was a head scratcher unless they think David Andrews is retiring. Two other Guards was odd. Happy with the K and the P, and with the gamble on Boutte. He has a chance to far exceed his draft position. I didn't think any of the early round WRs were all that. Bolden could become a special teams ace. He's 6-2, 205 and ran a 4.31 40. Slater is gone after this season.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
September 24, 2023 the fun begins ends or something in between. It will be fun for someone.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
September 24, 2023 the fun begins ends or something in between. It will be fun for someone.
Very tough schedule on paper, but not all those teams will end up living up to expectations. They never do.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Some good stuff from Mike Reiss. Apparently Demario Douglas might be a legit pick at WR in the 6th.

The OTA nonsense, all because Judge posted something on a message board and didn't make clear those were voluntary workshops. Just idiocy from the NFL. It was simply carelessness from Judge, not an attempt to "cheat".

Reaction Score
Some good stuff from Mike Reiss. Apparently Demario Douglas might be a legit pick at WR in the 6th.

The OTA nonsense, all because Judge posted something on a message board and didn't make clear those were voluntary workshops. Just idiocy from the NFL. It was simply carelessness from Judge, not an attempt to "cheat".

I remember him against UConn, get that guy into space forget it.

As far as Judge is concerned he’s an idiot and Belichick is an idiot for putting trust in him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Have to love the mojo here.

355625372_679975347477938_3090109334749442911_n.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
First pre-season game tonight. Might be heavy rain and wind. Don't expect many starters but there so many intriguing rookies and other guys fighting for roster spots that I'll be curious to see what they do. The two 6th round WR could both end up on the roster and look like absolute steals. So does Mapu in round 3. White chose #99 and he's going to be a beast. Gonzalaz has been everything we hoped.

Reaction Score
Cannot believe they signed Zeke. He’s fat and cooked and only devalues Stevenson at the goal line. Pretty clear NE is no longer a destination spot and is now a “plan b”.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Cannot believe they signed Zeke. He’s fat and cooked and only devalues Stevenson at the goal line. Pretty clear NE is no longer a destination spot and is now a “plan b”.
Wishful thinking. He’s a tough runner and is very good in short yardage still. He’s also become a very good pass blocker and a solid receiver. I suspect he will be very motivated to prove Dallas wrong. Good signing on a reasonable one year deal.

Reaction Score
Wishful thinking. He’s a tough runner and is very good in short yardage still. He’s also become a very good pass blocker and a solid receiver. I suspect he will be very motivated to prove Dallas wrong. Good signing on a reasonable one year deal.
I don't think it's "wishful thinking" at all. His yards per carry have slid every year since 2017. 4.7 - 4.5 - 4.0 - 4.2 - 3.8. He has been under 1,000 yds 2 of the last 3 years and had 1,002 the year he did top it.

As for a receiver? Last year he had 17 catches for 92 yds and 0 TD's. In 4 games, he totaled 10 catches for 90 yds. In the other 11 games he totaled 7 catches for 14 yds. He's not a good receiving back.

If you want to pay 6m for a guy to convert 3rd and 1's? Fine. But you're not getting anything more than that on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's "wishful thinking" at all. His yards per carry have slid every year since 2017. 4.7 - 4.5 - 4.0 - 4.2 - 3.8. He has been under 1,000 yds 2 of the last 3 years and had 1,002 the year he did top it.

As for a receiver? Last year he had 17 catches for 92 yds and 0 TD's. In 4 games, he totaled 10 catches for 90 yds. In the other 11 games he totaled 7 catches for 14 yds. He's not a good receiving back.

If you want to pay 6m for a guy to convert 3rd and 1's? Fine. But you're not getting anything more than that on a consistent basis.
Zeke is terrible. If the Pats signed you @HuskyHawk would come here and tell us how smart of a move it is.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So a lot happening this week. I love the claim on Matt Corral and move of Zappe to the Practice Squad. Zappe has looked awful. Corral was a guy with a near 1st round grade who has just been unlucky with injuries. I wanted the Pats to draft him. Glad they can keep Cunningham too, he will help as a scout QB. If Corral is healthy, I'd expect a trade of Zappe once a team loses a QB to injury.

Exciting that both 6th round WRs made the roster and both look like legit NFL WRs. What an incredible draft this was. Keion White looks like an absolute beast up front.

Reaction Score
So a lot happening this week. I love the claim on Matt Corral and move of Zappe to the Practice Squad. Zappe has looked awful. Corral was a guy with a near 1st round grade who has just been unlucky with injuries. I wanted the Pats to draft him. Glad they can keep Cunningham too, he will help as a scout QB. If Corral is healthy, I'd expect a trade of Zappe once a team loses a QB to injury.

Exciting that both 6th round WRs made the roster and both look like legit NFL WRs. What an incredible draft this was. Keion White looks like an absolute beast up front.
Ha, the one guy in the world pumping up the Matt Coral signing. Sorry bud

Reaction Score
2 turnovers so far way to help a brother out. I know Belichick already threw that Super Bowl against Foles.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
After 15 minutes, the Eagles looked like they were going to roll all over Tom Brady Appreciation Day, but the Patriots looked pretty good for the final 45 minutes and made it a game by halftime. Alas, too little to late.

Weather notwithstanding, the New England defense was really good. Hurts was also not as mobile as I remember him from last year.

Mac did not lose the game. He played well and made more than a few tight throws with accuracy. I'm not sure the pick-6 was entirely his fault either. It was a little high, but once it was tipped, it was much easier to be picked. All three TDs were nice reads and nice throws. Henry had a good game as well. Boutte needs to learn from that last drive and move on. I think he will be good, but NE needs him to develop.

Lazar has it exactly correct.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
After 15 minutes, the Eagles looked like they were going to roll all over Tom Brady Appreciation Day, but the Patriots looked pretty good for the final 45 minutes and made it a game by halftime. Alas, too little to late.

Weather notwithstanding, the New England defense was really good. Hurts was also not as mobile as I remember him from last year.

Mac did not lose the game. He played well and made more than a few tight throws with accuracy. I'm not sure the pick-6 was entirely his fault either. It was a little high, but once it was tipped, it was much easier to be picked. All three TDs were nice reads and nice throws. Henry had a good game as well. Boutte needs to learn from that last drive and move on. I think he will be good, but NE needs him to develop.

Lazar has it exactly correct.

Hurts was mobile. But this Patriots D is loaded with fast hybrid safeties that let them shut down mobile QBs, which was always their Achilles heal with the big thumper LBs they used to use. If not for that tipped ball INT Patriots win this game. Should be a wakeup call for the so called fans who think they will be bad.

Credit to the Eagles for emphasizing the run on D, they really shut the Pats run and screen game down, which allowed the Patriots to throw it a bit once they started to actually do so. Good coaching on both sides. Two very good teams.

Reaction Score
Hurts was mobile. But this Patriots D is loaded with fast hybrid safeties that let them shut down mobile QBs, which was always their Achilles heal with the big thumper LBs they used to use. If not for that tipped ball INT Patriots win this game. Should be a wakeup call for the so called fans who think they will be bad.

Credit to the Eagles for emphasizing the run on D, they really shut the Pats run and screen game down, which allowed the Patriots to throw it a bit once they started to actually do so. Good coaching on both sides. Two very good teams.
Ha ok, and Matt Coral is was a great pickup too

2024 Super Bowl updated
KC, SF 6/1
Phi 7/1
.......................................21 teams later:
NE, Wsh 80/1
Ten, Chi 100/1
Car 200/1
Ind, Hou 300/1
Ari 1000/1

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ha ok, and Matt Coral is was a great pickup too

2024 Super Bowl updated
KC, SF 6/1
Phi 7/1
.......................................21 teams later:
NE, Wsh 80/1
Ten, Chi 100/1
Car 200/1
Ind, Hou 300/1
Ari 1000/1
Corral was a good pickup. Vegas has no clue when it comes to these things. How did they feel about the Rams at this time last year?

Reaction Score
Corral was a good pickup. Vegas has no clue when it comes to these things. How did they feel about the Rams at this time last year?
Ha, ok, I know you think that. That is why its funny to revisit how dumb of a take it was when he is cut a week later.

And yea, Vegas really makes bad numbers of SB winners, tons of teams coming from the bottom to win it

SUPER BOWL WINNERS PRESEASON ODDS​

2022 Kansas City Chiefs +900
2021 Los Angeles Rams +1200
2020Tampa Bay Buccaneers+10009.5
2019Kansas City Chiefs+60010.5
2018New England Patriots*+60011
2017Philadelphia Eagles+40008.5
2016New England Patriots*+60010.5
2015Denver Broncos+90010
2014New England Patriots+65010.5
2013Seattle Seahawks+80010.5

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ha, ok, I know you think that. That is why its funny to revisit how dumb of a take it was when he is cut a week later.

And yea, Vegas really makes bad numbers of SB winners, tons of teams coming from the bottom to win it

SUPER BOWL WINNERS PRESEASON ODDS​

2022 Kansas City Chiefs +900
2021 Los Angeles Rams +1200
2020Tampa Bay Buccaneers+10009.5
2019Kansas City Chiefs+60010.5
2018New England Patriots*+60011
2017Philadelphia Eagles+40008.5
2016New England Patriots*+60010.5
2015Denver Broncos+90010
2014New England Patriots+65010.5
2013Seattle Seahawks+80010.5
He hasn’t been cut actually. He’s on some special leave status.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This team isn't far off. The defense is legit. The offense still has issues, mostly on the OL. RT was a turnstile yesterday. Strange wasn't good at LG. Mac is not the problem, he played well. Mondre was good when they blocked for him. The decisions in the passing game perplex me. They have lots of success in the middle of the field, why the sideline bombs to Bourne? The punt block was brilliant. Most exciting NFL play I've seen in some time.

Refs definitely screwed the Pats yesterday. Multiple spots well short, a bogus defenseless receiver call and they even got the lateral play wrong. Strange got there. It was a first down.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That’s a very optimistic take on the game I watched.
It is. I just think the team is close. Execution on a play here or there and they win both games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Offensive line was not good, but neither was the defensive line. Mostart did whatever he wanted.

I don't think Mac played poorly, but he has to play better. Turnovers are killer and the Patriots' O is not explosive enough to overcome them. They were moving the ball before the Douglas fumble and needless to say the INT inside the 5 hurt. Miami left 6 points on the field, but The Patriots left potentially 14. Hard to win that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom