The Official 2023 New England Patriots Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New England Patriots Thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did anyone ask Brady? I'm sure he couldn't care less.

Reaction Score
Technically, Brady's contractual obligation with Tampa expired as a matter of course. He retired a free agent.
Technically, he is under contract through the end of the league year in March. He announced his retirement under contract with the Bucs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Technically, he is under contract through the end of the league year in March. He announced his retirement under contract with the Bucs.
Sure, but in his football life, he dated Michigan, married and fell in love with the Patriots. The Bucs are a hooker on a Vegas weekend.

Reaction Score
Sure, but in his football life, he dated Michigan, married and fell in love with and then divorced and can't be in the same room as the Patriots . The Bucs are the post breakup fling.
fixed it for you

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sure, but in his football life, he dated Michigan, married and fell in love with the Patriots. The Bucs are a hooker on a Vegas weekend.
Nah, it's more like a second marriage where the guy feels like he isn't taken for granted anymore. Love is better the second time around. I think he hates the Pats now for throwing him to the wolves during deflate-gate.

Reaction Score
Technically, Brady's contractual obligation with Tampa expired as a matter of course. He retired a free agent.
Spin it any way you want. He retired a Buc.

Reaction Score
According to Tom Curran Brady won’t be signing a 1 day contract. Theres plenty of time to kiss and make up have 5 years till he’s HOF eligible. Brady is still close with Kraft. Fans being excited about 1 day contract are equivalent to someone feeling special over getting a like on Facebook.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The significance of this hire shouldn't be underestimated.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The significance of this hire shouldn't be underestimated.

That was a huge get. Finally someone who can bring what Dante did all those years. They had to increase their offer to get him. Need him onboard now to help evaluate draft and FA OTs.

Reaction Score
Do we know this or is it an assumption?
From what I have heard Brady went to Krafts wedding this year the day before the Bucs had a game. Kraft did have Brady’s family sit with him in his suite when the Bucs came to Foxboro.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Do we know this or is it an assumption?
We know. The whole rift was one of the most ridiculously made up things ever. Bill wanted to get younger at the position and didn't want to pay big money to a 40+ QB. Brady wanted to play in a less stressful environment and with a loaded offense. It was business, not personal.

Reaction Score
Mac Jones trade rumors. Bailey Zappe not ruled out as a starter.

Seems a QB may be in play in the April draft.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Mac Jones trade rumors. Bailey Zappe not ruled out as a starter.

Seems a QB may be in play in the April draft.
There’s no real rumors, it’s coming from Vegas, Josh wanting Mac. The prior rumor about Zappe was shown to be false.

Only reason I think they‘d consider it is that the QBs not slated to go early are looking great at the combine. I really think when Bill moved on from Brady, he wanted an athletic QB. Hence the Cam experiment. Richardson is moving up.

Hooker is the guy I can see the Pats drafting at QB.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I was listening to this live on the way home yesterday. I have no idea what the radio host Jones is aiming at.

Meg-O is 100% correct. Mac Jones is not a $40 million QB right now, but who cares? He is under Patriots' control at short money for two more seasons, before they are forced to decide on executing his 5th year option. Yes, he regressed last year. That much is totally obvious...under two coaches (One of whom coached Daniel Jones for three seasons) who had never coached offense, let alone called plays, before.

I have to believe this is just talking head fodder on a slow sports news day.

Husky25

Reaction Score
And then there's this:

Of Course the replies poor water on it, but it's still out there.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And then there's this:

Of Course the replies poor water on it, but it's still out there.

That's laughable. The Pats are flush with picks and you don't trade the #15 pick, who was the best rookie QB two years ago, for multiple day two picks.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So Meyers goes to Vegas for short money. Belichick must have his eye on some stud slot receiver from Tufts.
DeAndre Hopkins is coming. You can almost bank on it. Meanwhile, Jimmy G is also headed to Vegas, so we can end that silly rumor.

They brought back Jonathan Jones, who is a bigger need than Meyers.

Dumped Jonnu Smith, saves $4.5 on the cap, and this TE class is really good. I expect the Pats to target the TE from Iowa, Sam LaPorta. He looks like a great fit.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is a step in the right direction. Much more explosive than Meyers, vastly better YAC numbers, and slightly better overall catch %. Somebody who can do more than catch the ball and get tackled immediately. They've missed that in the slot since Edelman and Welker.

Reaction Score
It’s really interesting. The Pats have played without a top 5-10 WR for 20 years outside of the years with Randy Moss. Juju is “fine” but he’s a fringe #1 and no DC in the league will
lose sleep gameplanning him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It’s really interesting. The Pats have played without a top 5-10 WR for 20 years outside of the years with Randy Moss. Juju is “fine” but he’s a fringe #1 and no DC in the league will
lose sleep gameplanning him.
I think the #1 WR thing is oversold. Makes you easier to defend than three good WRs, plus a good TE. Which is what the Chiefs had last year. Depth at the position is more important. They need more to have that but Thornton could break out too.

I think they are still looking to trade for a WR. I think they draft LaPorta at TE if possible.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So far, no big new really. I like JuJu as an upgrade on Meyers. Robinson was a possible steal at RB. So much better catching the ball than Harris is. Geisiki is interesting. A hybrid TE, more like Hernandez. But he's good at those deep seam routes the Pats like. Good in the red zone too. Mills wasn't released, was restructured. Will be back at FS, which is his natural position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom